Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Favorite
Actor: Edward Herrmann
Actress: Lauren Graham & Alexis Bledel ( equally, so I cannot choose )
Male Character: Jess
Female Character: Lorelai Gilmore & Rory ( equally, so I cannot choose )
Shipper: Rory/Jess & Luke/Lorelai
Friendship: Rory/Lane & Lorelai/Sookie
Rivalry: Rory/Paris ( earlier seasons especially )
Season Premiere: Season 3
Season Finale: Season 3 + 5 ( equally, so I cannot choose )
Season: Season 3
Episode: The Incredible Sinking Lorelais
Scene/Moment: Rory's graduation speech from Chilton / ''You've given me everything I need'' scene from the finale.
Object/Thing/Etc: Their addiction to coffee <3

Least Favorite
Actor: Scott Patterson
Actress: Uhm. I love all the actresses on the show actually. Sorry
Male Character: TJ
Female Character: Hard. Kind of love them all. If I have to choose it's Lane.
Shipper: Christopher/Lorelai
Friendship: I'm boring ; I love all the friendships on the show
Rivalry: Can't find proper candidates.
Season Premiere: season 6
Season Finale: season 6
Season: season 6
Episode: The living art episode I think
Scene/Moment: Lorelai and Christopher marrying without Rory..
Object/Thing/Etc: Birkin bag, ha!
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Here's mine again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Finally did this

Favorite
Actor: Scott Patterson, Milo Ventimiglia
Actress: Lauren Graham
Male Character: Luke, Jess
Female Character: Lorelai, Sookie
Shipper: Luke/Lorelai, Rory/Jess
Friendship: Lorelai/Rory
Rivalry: Luke/Taylor
Season Premiere: Season 5, Season 1
Season Finale: Season 4, Season 5
Season: 5, 4, 1
Episode: Raincoats and Recipes, Written in the Stars
Scene/Moment: LL's first kiss
Object/Thing/Etc: Luke's blue cap, Luke's Diner, coffee

Least Favorite
Actor: None
Actress: None
Male Character: Christopher, Logan
Female Character: Anna, Nicole
Shipper: Christopher/Lorelai, Logan/Rory
Friendship: Christopher/Lorelai
Rivalry: Emily/Luke
Season Premiere: Season 7
Season Finale: Season 6
Season: Season 7
Episode: French Twist
Scene/Moment: Lorelai waking up in Chris' bed, The "Welcome home Mrs. Hayden" scene
Object/Thing/Etc: "Lor"
Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks, everyone, for posting your favorites! Love y'all's answers!

Anja - It's nice to see some Michel love, I feel that he was one of the least liked characters in the series. I don't feel that way, I'm just commenting on stuff I've read on tumblr, etc.

Alwayshappy - Aww, TJ was so stupid but I loved him for it! Everything that came out of his mouth I chuckled at! Interesting you picked s6 for your least favorite and not season 7? That's cool you feel that way, I'm just making a casual observation.

Lindsay - Thanks for posting yours again! I don't think I remember reading yours so it was nice to see it. Have to agree with you on your least favorites!

Come on, anymore lurkers out there who want to share your faves/least faves? I'd love to read them!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks to everyone who recently posted. It's nice to read them.

Glad you agree, Jen.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)

Anja - It's nice to see some Michel love, I feel that he was one of the least liked characters in the series. I don't feel that way, I'm just commenting on stuff I've read on tumblr, etc.
Yeah, I know he can be really annoying, but I think he's funny...! Especially his accent..
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Michel is funny too. I don't understand the hate towards the firkin it's just a purse that Samantha jone loves
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ah I love Michel too! Definitely one of my absolute favorites. Everything he says just cracks me up to the point of lying on the floor convulsing cause I'm laughing so hard

And personally about the birkin bag I don't like it just because of what it stands for between Rory and Logan...it's not like I have an actual hatred towards an inanimate object for just existing haha.
jojoinpink54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinpink54 (View Post)
Ah I love Michel too! Definitely one of my absolute favorites. Everything he says just cracks me up to the point of lying on the floor convulsing cause I'm laughing so hard
That's my typical reaction to anything Lorelai or Paris says! Michel's great, too! Gotta love his Celine Dion obsession!

About the Birkin bag, I'm a S&TC fan so I rather enjoyed the reference! lol However, I get where you're coming from, Jojo, with its significance.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was just a present but I will drop it. Plus I just loved Logan given to her and how rory treated like a ordinary purse
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Plus I just loved Logan given to her and how rory treated like a ordinary purse
I liked that scene.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Thanks, everyone, for posting your favorites! Love y'all's answers!

Alwayshappy - Aww, TJ was so stupid but I loved him for it! Everything that came out of his mouth I chuckled at! Interesting you picked s6 for your least favorite and not season 7? That's cool you feel that way, I'm just making a casual observation.

Lindsay - Thanks for posting yours again! I don't think I remember reading yours so it was nice to see it. Have to agree with you on your least favorites!

Come on, anymore lurkers out there who want to share your faves/least faves? I'd love to read them!
I don't know what it is about season 6. It had some really nice episodes and the one where Rory and Lorelai go to friday night dinner again after such a long time is definately one of my favorites ever. But all with all I didn't like the major story-lines. Still better than your average show but I expected more of GG. The April thing, the Logan cheating on Rory thing, the Lorelai/Rory not speaking thing, Lorelai sleeping with Chris, etc, are all examples why I'm not fund of that season. I always rewatch it when I watch the other seasons and I do enjoy it, but not as much as the others.

Season 7 wasn't the best either ( especially the Chris/Lorelai marriage.. ) but I liked that Rory made some new friends, that we got to see Marty again ( although he acted stupid ), that Rory was graduating and was figuring out what to do with the rest of her life, etc. Imo it wasn't as funny as the previous seasons but I didn't think it affected the show's quality. Mainly because GG has so many great aspects ; not just the humour.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked s6 Alot. S7 was not my fave although I like more than most people I felt the writers did not give rory a cohesive storyline they seem to go back and forth on how many newspapers. I did not like that my ship broke up on her graduation in a abrupt way.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think mostly for me (and maybe others) the reason season 7 sticks out as the worst is simply because it was the last--so we felt like it was 100x more annoying when things weren't going right, because there wasn't time to fix it. And consequently, maybe we would've liked season 6 better if all of the drama it put forth was actually successfully resolved in season 7. Season 6 was honestly melodramatic, because there were TWO huge drama things that didn't leave room to breathe--the Rory and Lorelai fight, and then immediately afterwards, April. So maybe in that way, season 7 was at least a little bit of a reprieve. But at the same time I really hated both Lorelai and Rory's storylines/characterizations/whatever so that makes it hard for me to watch season 7.
jojoinpink54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know this is unpopular but S3 was my least fave season after s7. There were some good episodes like the Big one and application anxiety. However I found the season to be very uneven with max suddenly appearing and lorelais not leaving the poor guy alone. We had the Francie plot which went nowhere. I did like the break down of rj I thought it was well done but rory's jealousy of Shane in the beginning was so unbearable so is rory that I actually had to skip early epis of s3. I did like lane and Dave and Paris and jamie
Old 04-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
but I didn't think it affected the show's quality. Mainly because GG has so many great aspects ; not just the humour.
Very true, though the humor is what drew me to the show.

I agree with y'all's assessments of s7 and its weaknesses, and while I agree, I still found bits to enjoy about it. I really need to rewatch this series this summer because I've forgotten a lot of stuff already!
Reply   Post New Thread