Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2022, 01:38 PM
Passionate Fan

I watched the episodes live and it was torture, not fully knowing what was going to happen. I wouldn't watch the episodes until the next day, sometimes a few days later and once I had read a full synopsis of what happened. I did start watching live again once Chris left, but still kept up with all spoilers.
stellar_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

I probably would have done the same, had I been watching the show live and lived in the USA.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I probably would have done the same, had I been watching the show live and lived in the USA.
It made getting through that god awful time of the show easier.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is so hard! I know which one is my least favorite season (7)

I definitely love season 1 bc it's the og and it just has that feel.

I definitely love the other seasons due to LL and RJ.

So many amazing moments!

I actually got to visit the set and see where the Gilmore Girls house is! So neat!!!

I watched the episodes lived too!!! Heck, I posted here. Crazy times!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 01:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Season 7 really is bad for most of the season.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. I also think that's bc Amy wasn't the head leader for it
Old 06-29-2022, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

If I skip over the LC stuff season 7 is not so bad but that could just be me.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha! I still watch the season bc it's gg but yeah, it doesn't have the same feel as the other seasons.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

I watch it too and skip everything Lorelai/Chris and Rory/Logan. It makes getting through the season so much quicker. I agree it doesn't feel the same as the other seasons, there is just something off, even if there are a few things I like that the season 7 writers did that I don't think Amy would have done. But there's still a lot I hate.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Haha! I still watch the season bc it's gg but yeah, it doesn't have the same feel as the other seasons.
Yes I agree that it doesn't have the same feel to it. I like how the season ended with Rory single and looking ahead to her future and Lorelai reunited with Luke. The last few episodes are good, but the majority of the season is very much not what I would consider to be what the show was seasons 1 through most of 6.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It’s funny, I don’t know if it’s just in our heads how different that season feels because we know the BTS changes and drama? My parents didn’t have a clue what had happened BTS and they did not pick up on the different feel to it. I am inclined to agree with y’all about it having a different feel I just have difficulty finding the words to describe the different feel to it, does that make sense?
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

I had no idea about the change in writers before watching season 7 and I could tell there was a difference. Something was off. I chalked it up to the Chris and Lorelai forced down out throats storyline, but while that for sure makes it feel off, there was something else that felt different. So when I did find our there was a change in the writers, it all made sense. ASP could very well have done the same thing with Chris and Lorelai, but I think it's the change in the dialogue that sticks out as being different.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:43 AM
Passionate Fan

The change in the dialogue definitely sticks out. ASP/DP's was unique and while the season 7 writers tried, they couldn't match it. I also think they had the characters say things ASP would never have them say.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Yes! A good example of that is Lorelai constantly telling Chris she loves him. ASP doesn't do that stuff. It was done so obnoxiously so and it felt so out of place for two reasons - 1. being that ASP doesn't go for that stuff and 2. Lorelai didn't love him, it came out of nowhere and she wasn't convincing me at all lol.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Ugh yes, that was annoying. It came off as fake, which I think is a combination of the fact it was fake because she was never in love with Chris and because it was something ASP wouldn't have had Lorelai keep on saying.
Reply   Post New Thread