Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I, too, think that Jess would consider living in SH. I'm sure he has a soft spot for that place
Old 11-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
I, too, think that Jess would consider living in SH. I'm sure he has a soft spot for that place
He should only do it if it's for himself. Not so he can help out Rory.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-01-2016, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
He was there, at work.

They hardly every hung out or saw each other outside of their working environment.
Doesn't mean you can't consider somebody to be a close friend. He was at her wedding. You don't do that for a co-worker you don't care about.

Back on topic: I think Jess would move to SH for a number of reasons. If he simply wanted to, for god knows what reason, if Luke needed him there, if his mom needed him there. If Rory needed him there. He's not so different from Luke...

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

I don't see Jess being as similar to Luke as everyone makes him out to seem. Aside from the obvious pining over a Gilmore girl. Yes they have some similar characteristics but they are supposed to be family so it wouldn't be surprising that they share some of the same values as well.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-01-2016, 12:35 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I would kind of hope that he doesn't give up his life just to take care of her..
So would I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
Back on topic: I think Jess would move to SH for a number of reasons. If he simply wanted to, for god knows what reason, if Luke needed him there, if his mom needed him there. If Rory needed him there. He's not so different from Luke...
I really hope he doesn't. He's built a life in Philly. He could maybe branch out to another city but actually moving back to a small town would put a halt to his professional growth. He could maybe stay awhile to write a book but I really don't want him to give himself up. That would be another "coming full circle" for ASP I'm sure, for Jess to move back to SH and work in the diner. That's why I hope and pray she never lets that happen.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

We don't really know how his life is going, aside from the fact that he is doing well. If he wants to move back, why would that be so bad?

I totally missed the hand kiss.

Yvonne
Old 12-01-2016, 01:32 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
We don't really know how his life is going, aside from the fact that he is doing well. If he wants to move back, why would that be so bad?

Because he's running a book publication and he's doing good. He was never meant to me a small town guy. He was meant to do bigger things that suit him better, and he is. I don't want him to give that up to take care of someone, especially since he'll probably do it if *someone* asks him to.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love the gif of Jess throwing Luke's hat.

Lorelai blowing Jess a kiss was something I didn't expect to see. I didn't realize that happened until someone mentioned it on the board.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
I really hope he doesn't. He's built a life in Philly. He could maybe branch out to another city but actually moving back to a small town would put a halt to his professional growth. He could maybe stay awhile to write a book but I really don't want him to give himself up. That would be another "coming full circle" for ASP I'm sure, for Jess to move back to SH and work in the diner. That's why I hope and pray she never lets that happen.
I think it's different "if ____ needs him." Need, being the important factor there.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Lorelai blowing Jess a kiss was something I didn't expect to see. I didn't realize that happened until someone mentioned it on the board.
I threw it in my Buzzfeed article on moments we liked from the revival
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-02-2016, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Jess doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would do something he doesn't want to do. I don't see him giving up all he has just to move back. He would find a way that would work. He lived with Luke for 6 months. Why was that? Apparently, he needed to be there for whatever reason.

I just don't see the big deal. And I think Luke also likes having him around.

Too bad there wasn't any mention of Doula in the revival. She is now 10 years old right? Jess' half-sister.

Yvonne
Old 12-02-2016, 06:58 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Jess doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would do something he doesn't want to do. I don't see him giving up all he has just to move back. He would find a way that would work. He lived with Luke for 6 months. Why was that? Apparently, he needed to be there for whatever reason.

I just don't see the big deal. And I think Luke also likes having him around.
In my head, he was in Stars Hollow to write or to do some research.

I know you don't see the big deal. I just don't think Jess is destined to live in Stars Hollow. He's a good guy who would do a lot for the people he loves but I want him to think of himself first. He's been searching for himself and I guess he found himself a home in Philly. I don't want him to shake off a good thing to take care of someone else (I'm talking permanently).
Old 12-02-2016, 07:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

My gosh! I squeaked when this happen! I've always wanted Lorelai to get along with Jess.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Too bad there wasn't any mention of Doula in the revival. She is now 10 years old right? Jess' half-sister.
It's odd that in the 4 times (?) Liz and TJ are mentioned Doula is never brought up.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's odd that in the 4 times (?) Liz and TJ are mentioned Doula is never brought up.
Was Doula conceived during season 6 or season 7? Because if it was a season 7 thing, perhaps it didn't happen in ASP's eyes. ^^
Closed Thread   Post New Thread