Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

I love when Lorelai misses Chris. It's so heartfelt.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I miss CL .
The writing was on LL corner mostly and I get that but I enjoyed CL despite that.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I also like Cas although I like D/S too I'm a weird shipper on the other GG. Yeah C/L had a love no matter what the writers wanted us to think.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Yeah I also like Cas although I like D/S too I'm a weird shipper on the other GG. Yeah C/L had a love no matter what the writers wanted us to think.
C/L was a force to be reckoned with. lol. The writers should have just gone with it. You don't waste that kind of chemistry. Plus, their history was beautiful. They've been through a lot, so it kind of makes more sense if they ended with each other.

...hehe I multi-ship, too. If I can't have CaS, I'd like NS. I used to be crazy about DS, but S2 got me so frustrated about them. And now, they're step siblings. Bummer. It's cute though that they still care without it being awkward.

.ღ.
vote for Sebastian Stan
carter..serena | stefan&elena | cate&ryan | blake&chace | d.salvatore |
Old 09-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I like the DS friendship this year too. I liked N/S in the books, and would be for them if done properly. The guy who plays Carter would be good for a young Christopher if they ever doing another flash back when they were teens or early twenties.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think the fact that Amy Sherman-Palladino kept bringing Chris back season after season after season speaks volumes about her recognition of the chemistry between Chris and Lorelai. Obviously, she had already set her mind on the story ending up L/L, but no one was as potent or believable a disruptor as Chris was. He was the only real threat to Luke, which is probably why the fans got more hysterical about him than any of Lorelai's other love interests combined.

Yesterday I watched "Emily Says Hello" again, and the chemistry and attraction between C/L at the Inn is palpable. They were loving every second they spent together, and I guarantee Luke never crossed Lorelai's mind until Rory brought it up.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.ro (View Post)
I think the fact that Amy Sherman-Palladino kept bringing Chris back season after season after season speaks volumes about her recognition of the chemistry between Chris and Lorelai. Obviously, she had already set her mind on the story ending up L/L, but no one was as potent or believable a disruptor as Chris was. He was the only real threat to Luke, which is probably why the fans got more hysterical about him than any of Lorelai's other love interests combined.
Yeah no one else could cause chaos in the L/L shippers' camp like Chris could. I love that they recognize Chris as Luke's biggest competition. It just shows that what Chris and Lor had was pretty epic. Their relationship could have been endgame, which made the L/L fans uncomfy. lol...

Quote:
Yeah I like the DS friendship this year too. I liked N/S in the books, and would be for them if done properly. The guy who plays Carter would be good for a young Christopher if they ever doing another flash back when they were teens or early twenties.
N/S were good together in the books. I think they were going for that on the show before. Maybe they'll get there in later seasons... ITA! Sebastian could play a younger Chris. His character reminds me of Chris in a way... I miss this show...and wishing for a better ending with C/L.

.ღ.
vote for Sebastian Stan
carter..serena | stefan&elena | cate&ryan | blake&chace | d.salvatore |
Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian16rox (View Post)
:Their relationship could have been endgame,
This was the really amazing thing about Gilmore Girls, how Chris could have easily been endgame, and had he been so, (which in my mind, YEAH ) you would be able trace the moments leading up to it perfectly from his first 10 seconds on the show.

Chris had a power to him that the show couldn't really handle any other way than by making him, a recurring guest star, the man to beat for Lorelai's heart AND mind. Chris wasn't simply a romantic partner, he was easily Lorelai's best friend and the person who knew her best inside and out, and that's why I believe he's the one. Because with him, it's about everything, not just romance/sex, it's about life.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I post at this other forum which has these upward pointing arrows to indicate that you're referring to the previous post! I keep looking for those here. I just wanted to say that I agree with your description of Chris and Lorelai. I never could figure out why they weren't considered a good match, since they seemed to be compatible in so many ways. Yes a man and a woman can be friends without being romantic, but I felt like Chris really was Lorelai's "best" friend even when they weren't seeing much of each other--and I can't see how you wouldn't ultimately want to spend the rest of your life with someone who "gets" you so well.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithlight (View Post)
I post at this other forum which has these upward pointing arrows to indicate that you're referring to the previous post! I keep looking for those here. I just wanted to say that I agree with your description of Chris and Lorelai. I never could figure out why they weren't considered a good match, since they seemed to be compatible in so many ways. Yes a man and a woman can be friends without being romantic, but I felt like Chris really was Lorelai's "best" friend even when they weren't seeing much of each other--and I can't see how you wouldn't ultimately want to spend the rest of your life with someone who "gets" you so well.
I think most people just use ^ when they want to indicate the post above.

As for Chris and Lorelai not being a good match, I think the main reason was that Chris wasn't at Lorelai's beck and call 24/7 the way Luke was. Because otherwise, yeah, it just seemed like more than any other character, Chris got her. They just spoke each other's language. Their sexual attraction to each other just seemed like an extension of their friendship, rather than some separate component that could be added or subtracted at will. Lorelai and Chris were always friends, but they could never be just friends. It's part of why most of the things that happened in S7 made no sense: I mean, the mere idea of Chris and Lorelai being able to date for six weeks without having sex is pretty laughable.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly its like what Ted was saying in the last episode of How I Met Your Mother you should be with someone who loves you because of your quirks not in spite of them and I think that's what C/L have
Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I FINALLY finished the next chapter of my AU fic!

No Strings Attached Chapter 11: Conversations in the Dark, a Gilmore Girls fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Old 10-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for your reply its a good story it should definetly get more reviews
Old 10-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks for your reply its a good story it should definetly get more reviews
Aww, thanks. I've never gotten more than three comments on any chapter, though, and my readership isn't very big. I'm already up to two comments on the latest chapter, so I'm almost at my limit.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I hope you get one more review you work really hard on that fic
Closed Thread   Post New Thread