Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about S5 and S6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian16rox (View Post)
Yeah! When they tease each other, it's like they've been together all along... and yes, they make it look sexy, too.

Their convos with each other are always witty & smart. Chris totally matches Lorelai on every level I think.
Truth! He matches her step by step, and she does the same for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadthebestforgettherest (View Post)
OTOH Chris and Lorelai are best friends AND lovers and their chemistry is off the charts. I was watching "He's Slippin' Em Bread" and the way Lorelai was looking at him.
They can be everything to each other, and it's so obvious how relaxed and comfortable they are with each other. I know!! The way she looks at him there is so incredible. Every single time they look at each other it feels like it's the first time.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I still can't believe the ending for these two. Maybe it's fresh in my mind since I just finished S7. I mean it was obvious that Luke/Lorelai were endgame, but at the beginning of S7 I actually felt like the writers were going to give Chris and Lore a shot. At least S7 gave us some fabulous memories. C/L were really the only bright light in that season since I thought the dialogue and even the way the scenes were shot was just subpar that season. Amy and Dan's absence was pretty noticeable. (And of course the writers had to screw over both my fave couples...I was a Rory/Dean fan but Logan won me over with his wit and cuteness and the way he obviously thought the world of Rory. Sigh...)

Oh well, the saving grace of DVDs is you can watch the episodes you love and pretend the ones you hate just don't exist.
The C/L breakup in S7 is one of the stupidest breakups ever and was clearly dictated by the writers' need to reunite Luke and Lorelai by the end of the season. Lorelai seemed schizophrenic about her marriage, and Chris never did anything worth getting divorced over - unless you consider not being in touch for a 24-hour period due to a bad fight over your new wife's unresolved feelings for a former fiance a deal-breaker. If anything, S7 made Lorelai look bad, not Chris.

I think the problem the writers ran into was that Chris, once he got a steady job and became responsible, was actually a really good match for Lorelai. They got along really well, were lifelong friends, enjoyed the same things, and had a child together. So why Lorelai would be so sure that Luke was not just the one, but the only one, was kind of stretching credibility. At that point, the show was was asking us to take a leap of faith that Lorelai's feelings were always right - but I think the show by then had provided more than enough reason not to believe that Lorelai's feelings always led her to good decisions.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

I still haven't seen s7, afraid to.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.ro (View Post)
The C/L breakup in S7 is one of the stupidest breakups ever and was clearly dictated by the writers' need to reunite Luke and Lorelai by the end of the season. Lorelai seemed schizophrenic about her marriage, and Chris never did anything worth getting divorced over - unless you consider not being in touch for a 24-hour period due to a bad fight over your new wife's unresolved feelings for a former fiance a deal-breaker. If anything, S7 made Lorelai look bad, not Chris.
I agree. The break-up was the worst. It was so haphazardly done IMO. Like one minute, they're okay and the next thing you know it's not good anymore. If they couldn't transition it well they should have at least given them a good reason for divorce. Geez. L/L as endgame wasn't even exciting. Like an afterthought, that made me go "Oh okay. Whatever."

Chris & Lor would have been so much better. Like her story would have come full circle - their beginning as high school sweethearts & their end with a happy family. wishful thinking...

Quote:
Yeah Lauren apparently said some not so great stuff about Scott, but who knows. I agree, Chris and Lore would have found their way back to each other, they always ended up hooking up sooner or later.

Oh well, the saving grace of DVDs is you can watch the episodes you love and pretend the ones you hate just don't exist.
Oh yikes. Talk about chemistry-killing. That would definitely be bad for the on-screen romance, no matter how good an actor you are. Awkward ...Oh yes. The beauty of DVDs. You can even stop the the episode where you'd want them to end it, making your own happy ending. hehe

.ღ.
vote for Sebastian Stan
carter..serena | stefan&elena | cate&ryan | blake&chace | d.salvatore |
Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree. The break-up was the worst. It was so haphazardly done IMO. Like one minute, they're okay and the next thing you know it's not good anymore. If they couldn't transition it well they should have at least given them a good reason for divorce. Geez. L/L as endgame wasn't even exciting. Like an afterthought, that made me go "Oh okay. Whatever."

Chris & Lor would have been so much better. Like her story would have come full circle - their beginning as high school sweethearts & their end with a happy family. wishful thinking...
I'm nodding like crazy over here at all these great posts! <- See? Hee.

The excuse to break up CL was so laughable and plastic. But that's exactly why I like it, because it's Exhibit Z on just how they weren't prepared to deal with the perfect pair Chris and Lor made, and how they couldn't come up with anything resembling an actual reason for them not to make it.

I agree about them coming full circle, it was the perfect bookend to their history and a huge chapter in both Rory and Lorelai's lives.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Me too...ITA with all the posts from the last few days. I should watch the DVDs.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

The excuse to break up CL was so laughable and plastic. But that's exactly why I like it, because it's Exhibit Z on just how they weren't prepared to deal with the perfect pair Chris and Lor made, and how they couldn't come up with anything resembling an actual reason for them not to make it.

I agree about them coming full circle, it was the perfect bookend to their history and a huge chapter in both Rory and Lorelai's lives.
Hehehe ITA. Exhibit Z!! The writers should have just realized that C/L were great together. You don't just waste that kind of chemistry... Yeah it would have been huge for Lor & Rory.

.ღ.
vote for Sebastian Stan
Old 09-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Heeee! That's such a great point! It was a true waste of chemistry and perfect storyline/arc symmetry. Ah well, their loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithlight (View Post)
Me too...ITA with all the posts from the last few days. I should watch the DVDs.
I'm saving some S7 episodes so I don't run out of "fresh" CL. Hee. It'll be sad when I have nothing new to watch, but then I can start from the beginning!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Heeee! That's such a great point! It was a true waste of chemistry and perfect storyline/arc symmetry. Ah well, their loss!

I'm saving some S7 episodes so I don't run out of "fresh" CL. Hee. It'll be sad when I have nothing new to watch, but then I can start from the beginning!
yep! Their loss! ...I know. After watching S7, I get bummed when I realize I've run out of CL eps. The worst part of it is that Gilmore Girls dvds are hard to come by here. I still don't have their earlier eps.

.ღ.
vote for Sebastian Stan
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
yep! Their loss! ...I know. After watching S7, I get bummed when I realize I've run out of CL eps. The worst part of it is that Gilmore Girls dvds are hard to come by here. I still don't have their earlier eps.
That's going to be me! Awww, really? That sucks. Hopefully you'll find some sets soon so you can re-watch some early CL!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah. I'm still looking for the early seasons. Their early episodes were adorable. I also want the one with flashbacks & they were in high school. I don't have that.

.ღ.
vote for Sebastian Stan
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

C/L should have stayed in Paris when they came back everything went to downhill they should have just stayed there. Gigi was there and Rory, Logan, Richard, Emily, Sookie and Jackson could have visited them Lane too.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
C/L should have stayed in Paris when they came back everything went to downhill they should have just stayed there. Gigi was there and Rory, Logan, Richard, Emily, Sookie and Jackson could have visited them Lane too.
Lane! Awww. Yeah. But Rory would miss Lor so much. Maybe she could have moved too?

.ღ.
vote for Sebastian Stan
Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure there newspapers in Paris as well and she speaks French lol. Or Logan could have stayed in London and lived with him there is a train that makes the distance only an hour away

Last edited by fox24; 09-09-2009 at 06:30 PM
Old 09-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

I love the thought of the entire family hanging around together in Europe for a while.

Quote:
Yeah. I'm still looking for the early seasons. Their early episodes were adorable. I also want the one with flashbacks & they were in high school. I don't have that.
That is a really cute one! You'll find them soon, I'm sure!