Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2021, 10:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Kate a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Kate
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Kate! I'm sooo excited!

I was thinking of pulling colors from this as the colors seem to represent Bridgerton the most

Light purples and blues and greens

As for who should be in the banner?

Simon, Daphne, Anthony, Colin, Penelope, Eloise, Benedict, and Violet/Danbury/Queen

We have our Kate but I don't think there are are promo pics of her yet.

I think Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacth shouldn't be in the banner for now as they are kids? What do you all think?

Last edited by Tina; 09-08-2021 at 11:03 AM
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

this is so exciting

Tina, those colors would be perfect!

Quote:
I think Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacth shouldn't be in the banner for now as they are kids? What do you all think?
If we had promotional pics of them i'd say we add them (also Kate), but we don't so you're probably right!

edit: we have one with Violet and the siblings but Francesca isn't in it: http://phoebe-dynevor.com/photos/alb...Promos/001.jpg

more pics here:

http://phoebe-dynevor.com/photos/thu...s.php?album=76
http://phoebe-dynevor.com/photos/thu...s.php?album=77
https://bridgertonsource.tumblr.com/...idgerto-coming
https://nicola-coughlan.com/gallery/...s.php?album=40

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 09-08-2021 at 02:50 PM
AlwaysCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bringing those photos over!!!

There isn't much, I tried looking too
Old 09-08-2021, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

yeah I don't know why. Those fansites always have HQ promo pics at least

I was thinking maybe for the banner we could have: Simon, Daphne, Anthony, Colin, Penelope, Eloise, Benedict

Because they all were/will be mains at some point? but if you want to add Violet/Danbury/Queen, that's okay too. I was just thinking that so the banner is not too crowded
Old 09-08-2021, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I don't want the banner to be crowded either.

Simon, Daphne, Anthony, Colin, Penelope, Eloise, Benedict

^
100% to these!!!

I just added the other 3 just in case others may want it, but like you said, I don't want to crowd the banner and plus, less work for the GT

I'm fine with what's mentioned Also, I think everyone should be on the same height... no one bigger or smaller than the others.
They are all the main casts...

Other posters- Feel free to voice your input!!! I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say
Old 09-08-2021, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Awesome, i agree they are all mains and they should have the same size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)

Other posters- Feel free to voice your input!!! I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say
what she said
Old 09-08-2021, 08:01 PM
Graphics Team

Can you please show who is who by linking everyone? For those of us that are not familiar with the show
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes main cast and those colours are perfect

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Simon, Daphne, Anthony, Colin, Penelope, Eloise, Benedict

I just added the other 3 just in case others may want it, but like you said, I don't want to crowd the banner and plus, less work for the GT
Well no one on the team will complain about any board who wants to give us less work . Thanks for thinking of us
If you want more though that's fine too . Your list is about half of what our max is

For the order is the order in your post the order you'd like the characters? I presume pairings need to be together at least - so Simon/Daphne, Colin/Penelope. But is there anyone else you'd like to see near/next to each other (maybe Anthony & Simon, Penelope & Eloise)? Or maybe put them in the order of the books (E.G. Daphne/Simon, Anthony, Benedict, Penelope/Colin, Eloise)? Or at you happy to leave it all up to the team (minus the couples)?

For the characters am I correct on who is who? (Sorry I couldn't work out who Eloise was in the pictures)

Simon (& Daphne)
Daphne
Anthony (Middle)
Colin (Right - in all blue)
Penelope (Middle)
Eloise
Benedict (Left - with yellow in outfit)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:51 AM
Graphics Team

Is Eloise the one in this photo at the top of the stairs with the bangs?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that's Eloise! I hope there's a better picture because she isn't happy in that one

You are correct in who's who, Chelle

And having the couples next to each other would be awesome!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I meant I couldn't see if Eloise was in the other ones, I knew she was in the family one but I dismissed it for usability (& for pointing out who is who) . We may need to look at episode still for her if she's not.
Do you mind that Simon isn't looking forward? As you may prefer to look at episode still for him as well.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-09-2021, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Eloise is also on the left of this picture: https://nicola-coughlan.com/gallery/...osters/002.jpg

I don't know if that works

I don't mind that Simon isn't looking forward, what do you think Tina?
Old 09-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You wouldn't mind her looking to the side either?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread