Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2024, 10:53 PM
Absolute Fan

I just finished the first season, and, overall, I really liked the way Albert Kim and his team approached this adaptation of the story.

Fans of existing properties often mistakenly expect/demand that adaptations be straight 1-to-1 retellings of the source material from which they're derived despite the fact that such an approach isn't in fact an adaptation (by the very nature of what they are, adaptations have to include some changes to the source material that inspired them because to adapt literally means to change).

Aside from the changes, all of which made sense within the context of not only telling the overall story but also in making things simpler and more accessible for broader audiences who may not have already been familiar with the IP, the series also hit the jackpot when it comes to casting, and I have to admit that Gordon, Kia, Ian, Dallas, and Liz all gradually won me over in terms of becoming their respective characters and making said characters feel like the youths they were supposed to be.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about the changes made! I get why they had to make them and I think generally they did a pretty good job with them.

Yeah they did such a good job with the casting! They have a really talented group of actors. I know they'll be on ATLA for a bit longer, but I can't wait to see what they do after.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I just think the writing for certain characters could improve a bit. Like the dialogues and such. Also hope they give us some flashbacks to some of the book one scenes they filmed but that did not make it into the season.
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think better writing will fix a lot of the issues I had with the show.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread