Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, forgot about that. Half the number of episodes each season so turns out to be shorter. And S1 of TWD was super short.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Website Manager

I ended up trying Gianthold Tor against my better judgement and it went badly (mobs healing each other, my hirelings not doing enough damage and most of my spells having no effect on them due to deathward shenanigans... Might do a few of the Sharn ones next on Reaper, some of those are rough by yourself as well. Once I get to level 20 it'll be pretty much all normal difficulty since I'm putting experience into one of my non trees for my next re-incarnation (my other ones are full)

Aside from more DDO later I might prep some more graphics and whatnot of crosswords I already made the clues for. Making a Black coloured Charmed one for further down the road atm while cooking supper.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry pretty (View Post)
And have gotten into TWD, so been watching that. Rewatching TVD and Supernatural as well.
You certainly love rewatching shows
Old 09-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Website Manager

I haven't re-watched much lately aside from stuff I've been doing crosswords for.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright

Me neither
Old 09-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know I like the shows I rewatch. New shows are unpredictable. And there isn't one I really want to watch right now.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I spend quite a bit of time rewatching things, especially during the hiatus between seasons. Australia may be good at playing things whenever it feels like but most of my shows it played nice with this past season so feeling like a long hiatus with nothing to watch. Then I also prefer to stick to my older shows I love over watching new ones lately

From what I've read PS5 will be compatible with PS4 games so could be worth waiting for the PS5 to come out for your Spiderman game . If not I imagine you'd still be able to get a PS4 after the PS5 is out
I don't know how backwards compatible it'll be. I don't think you can play PS1 or PS2 games on PS3 or PS4. But it should at least be backwards compatible for PS4 games

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-22-2019, 08:14 AM
Website Manager

They probably figure why bother making them fully backward compatible when most people buying them probably won't have those older games. Like Blu-ray players play DVD but they don't play those HD-DVDs that used to be Blu-rays competition.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just find with new shows nowadays, unless it is one I am looking forward to (like Batwoman) or if it has cast members I love, it takes me a long while to get invested in the characters. I'm somewhat pickier too, with my preferences. That's a good thing though. I prefer darker shows. I find shows like This Is Us too slow and not enough action.

Yeah, don't know much about Playstation but heard backward compatibility isn't common. Unlike with XBOX.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Website Manager

The original Nintendo DS played GBA games I think, and the GBA SP played Gameboy Advance, Gameboy, and Gameboy Colour. The Wii played Gamecube games. Wii U played Wii but had no Gamecube support.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am a Nintendo gal. Have owned more Nintendo than any others. Even now, I play the Switch more than XBOX.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Website Manager

They made a change in DDO awhile back making it for quests that you run have optional bonus experience... the more you run the content the less you get from it. Well there is one quest called "Devil's Assault" which I would run Daily at level 20 (once a day) as at the end of it you get 1 or 2 Tokens of The Twelve... the thing is it has things flagged as "optionals" that you need to do in order to finish the quest... and because they are flagged as optional if you've run it as much as I have you get 0 Experience. It is one of the unique (only as far as I know) that has the option to run it at level 5, 6, 12, 18, [Reaper], and then 21, 22, 23, Reaper on the Epic side.Upon running it today for the first time on Epic I've noticed that it's counted my other clears on lower levels towards getting 0 Experience... so I will probably hold off running it in the future until Level 20 or Higher for I can at least get some bonus experience while gathering the tokens... These tokens are required for Racial and True (Class) Reincarnations, so I make sure to run the dungeons that drop them, will have to potentially add another one or two to my farming process instead (Like Bargain of Blood which I've run on normal Reaper/Elite (Normal/Hard too) non Epic but don't think I've ever run at Epic).

Hit 20 after DnD today... got to get to 30 and then reset back to level 1 again, prob take at least a week.

I am more of a Nintendo person too.

Think I should probably get some sleep... got my shift starting in 6.5 hours.

ETA: Of course I'm not that tired.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm a PS girl, don't know anything about the rest really . Even then still stopped at PS2 . Did consider getting a switch though just to play the new(well redone old) Spyro the Dragon & Crash Bandicoot games... but I also wonder if its worth it or if I should just go with Xbox since either way will cost quite a bit. That & one of the stores here sells a special boxset for Xbox with Spyro & Crash together so it'd be cheaper . My main concern however is a need to download things - so not used to needing to do that to play games! . While I've got better internet now I still am wary on downloads & still do have a download limit even if its larger (went from 20GB a month to 50GB for only $5 more so nice increase )

It seems such a shame that they all don't do more backwards compatibility - but then really what you need is to not have to buy a new platform just to play new games so you need forwards compatibility but I know that'd never happen

Why do you reset after 30? Is there only 30 levels?
Seems a shame you now can't get the experience you want from running that quest

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-23-2019, 12:19 AM
Website Manager

DDO: Yeah, it's only 30 levels. While I could keep doing content at 30 (Max level) the real way to get your character more powerful in this game is through Reincarnations (and since I usually play alone replaying the same dungeons every day for no progress would get old fast), each time I do so I get little perks to make my character stronger. There is an Epic on that takes you from 30 back to 20, and two other ones that take you from 20 back to level 1. There is another one called Iconic, but I probably won't be touching those ones for quite awhile.

So far I've done 6 Racial Reincarnations and 8 Epic Reincarnations... I should probably level my Alt character up to 20 for I can farm materials for Reincarnations easier at some point. So, I can get more health, be harder to hit, etc from various reincarnations.

Racial Reincarnation - Started out as a Human so I've done that one once, then I switched to Warforged and did that one 3 times, currently on Dragonborn, will have that one a 3rd time soon.

Epic Reincarnation - I've done 3 specific Divine Bubble ones given me a total of +30 Negative and Positive spellpower (making my spells hit harder), and 9 Physical Resistance Rating total.
I've done 3 Martial Past Lives given me +3 to all skills and +6 AC from the get go and +3 AC per ten character levels.
I've also done one Arcane and one Primal one... Not sure which one I will do next... Probably another Primal since it gives more health as one of it's passives.

-----------
Well, it sucks though if you have no console to play older games, but would make it harder for them to re-release a game as is or with updated graphics if people can just use an old cartridge or disc. Kind of like how I got a Zelda game for Wii U but don't have the Switch version... I mean if I seen it really cheap... but yeah...

------------
I got unlimited data on my internet.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Fair enough. Yeah that'd get boring fast so better to start over so to speak. They should add in more levels though if lots have reached 30. Just to give people something more new

Those reincarnations sound cool

Yeah you could end up with lots of different consoles because if you want to play old games you've got to keep the old consoles. But then if you want to play new games you need the new consoles...
I know here we can buy PS1s again for some reason. Not sure why given you'd have to look online or something to find people selling the games for it or still have games (but if you still had games lying around, why don't you have the console anymore?)

Unlimited data would be amazing, but internet costs money which I don't necessarily have as unfortunately I work in a low paying job & live in a high cost area. Then unlimited data isn't an option for me unless I were to get a phone line (which isn't necessary for me). If I'm at my parents place then I can have unlimited internet data as they have that but if not I've got to settle for what I can afford

Chelle » join GTmy art