Old 03-12-2020, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i just got at my dads so it's gonna be interesting

i love you. ♡
Old 03-13-2020, 01:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

My country has closed pretty much everything.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, because my country is doing the bare minimum but who knows

i love you. ♡
Old 03-13-2020, 02:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

hmm that doesn't sound good but maybe they feel safe? But if Australia is doing things & we're an island I'd expect countries like Sweden to be doing things too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-14-2020, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like they are being very naive but it's also all about the money, because Sweden doesn't have the money to shut down the whole country. They won't have the money to shut down all schools, so instead they put the decision to the individuals like principles etc

When it comes to shutting down events etc, they only recently made the decision to forbid events that have over 500 people but that's not enough. 500 people are still a lot of people, and last weekend they let Melodifestivalen (swedish contest for eurovision) go on with a live public..which means that hundreds of people in Stockholm were there.

And now they've stopped doing tests on everyone but only doing tests on people that are already in the hospital and people that are in risk groups, which okay, but it means that there's going to be hundreds of unreported cases. Esp since it's the people outside the risk groups that pass it on to others because they DON'T KNOW that they have it. So I'm just confused with their reasonings.

i love you. ♡
Old 03-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah money is probably it. It'd be hard, but also public safety should be a priority. We had that same 500 people limit here but here it makes sense to me as its harder to bring things over borders here I'd imagine than over there. Then as you said - 500 is still a LOT of people. Since it doesn't officially start here until Monday I've seen a few people commenting on all the things that had a go ahead still for this weekend & how those were all risky. There was Supanova (comic con) on Friday/Saturday for example & that was in the Gold Coast. Hillsong Church had a conference gathering yesterday I think (maybe today?) in Sydney. Then we had the first round of both the rugby league & Australian rules football which are HUGE things here over this weekend too. So all these events would've attracted thousands of people, but because they're before Monday they could go ahead still. That's just events which I can think of/know of. I do also know of some events which cancelled anyway, even though they could've still gone ahead

Not testing people sounds dangerous & risking everyone. That confuses me too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-17-2020, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

they've started closing down schools now, or well high schools and universities so that's good.

and they also told that people who can should work from home

i love you. ♡
Old 03-18-2020, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

We've been told if you can work from home to do so too . Only schools that are closing are ones which have had cases. We're down to no non-essential indoor gatherings of 100 people, we're not meant to leave the country, & encouraged to practice 'social distancing' & good hand hygiene. Our prime minister has also told us all to stop panic buying: “Stop doing it. It’s ridiculous. It’s un-Australian, and it must stop” . Hopefully people start listening to all the people who are saying it. The supermarkets here are at least having an hour window when they open when only the elderly & disabled are allowed in the stores so they can get what they need before everyone else gets in the way. Also means they get to go into a clean store & not deal with everyone else. The reasoning here to not close schools is to support the country as it will shut the country down too much, cost jobs, take away health care workers who then have to be home to watch their children, ect. so it sounds logical. I'd hate to be having to make calls like that though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-18-2020, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's about the same here. Although we still have a 'no less than 500 people' rule which needs to go lower. But they are pretty much telling that all people over 70+ have to stay at home or not do any social interacting. Not sure why it's only 70+ and not all risk groups but I think that most people in the risk groups are staying away too.
This is gonna be very hard times, people are dying and then we have people already losing their jobs and more will. It's awful

i love you. ♡
Old 03-19-2020, 12:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully all risk groups are doing it. It's the smartest thing to do for their safety even if its not being said for them to do. They really should group all high risk with over 70s though to reinforce the necessity for it

It is

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-21-2020, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes. i sometimes forget all about what's happening and then it gets to me and i'm like 'oh wow..so that's a thing'

i love you. ♡
Old 03-23-2020, 08:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

It gets harder to forget. It's weird, I have this podcast that goes over the headlines in the news and literally all other things have stopped, the only headlines now are about COVID-19 and it's mind blowing that there's no other news anymore.

I mean, good news, we have dolphines and clear canals again.

I'm working from home now, actually had to take my entire big screen and all cables as well instead of just my tablet so we're in for the long haul. The only things I can still do is grocery shopping...

It's breaking my heart for my clients because all these companies closing that are essential for them, really isn't good.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Nice you have dolphins. Lets focus on that as we need something good

If only the world could easily just shut down for a while so it could all go away without hurting people financially & mentally, ect.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-25-2020, 01:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

There's just too many complex systems in place that the gouvernments now shut down without thinking about it, sadly.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Which is unfortunate

There was a whole 23 children at work today. 11 staff for no children really... wish the government would make the decision to close schools as that may then be extended to my industry too...

Chelle » join GTmy art