Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jen

I have no idea where you are coming from but there are so many things popping into my head.

First, maybe there has to be some other discussion. She can't decide to tag along to something Anna's going to because she feels like it. I'm about to draw reference from a TV show here but let's pretend we're Dawson. I don't know if you ever saw Gilmore Girls, well in the later seasons Luke found out he had a teenage daughter and he was engaged to Lorelai at the time and the daughters mother didn't want her daughter getting too attached to lorelai until she and Luke were pretty much married. She didn't see the ring as a commitment. Maybe you could use that as a way to get out of things involving her. It's one thing playing nice for the sake of playing nice, but she's being too nice. Plus you shouldn't have to walk around on eggshells. You are anna's mother, Stephen is Anna's father and she may be Anna's nothing a year from now.

Doesn't it seem a bit excessive for THREE adults to take ONE child to a party? That's a little overkill if you ask me. And I think there's something to her not wanting you and Stephen to be "alone" for too long.

You could go to the party but tell them you will see them there. Any chance of a lift or something?

Tell them suddenly you can't make it.

Either way, I think you shouldn't just continue like what has happened was normal. There's something that doesn't sit right with me about the fact Anna is invited to a party but really you are only hearing about it through Stephen's girlfriend. Does that mean if she weren't in the picture you'd never have been asked?

Yeah, I don't like this at all.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think I'll just politely tell her I can get myself to the party (having a taxi driver friend always helps ) and if they want to come, fine. I'm kind of a little liking the idea of texting Stephen when he's at the party to say I can't get there in time. Honestly, who has a birthday party for a 3-year-old at 6pm?

And I think you're right, obviously if it wasn't for the girlfriend, Anna wouldn't have a birthday party to go to. Which kind of bugs me, because I know both the parents, but taht's obviously not enough.

I know that part of GG and I've had exactly that feeling ever since Anna was born. I even had a similar conversation with Stephen (I didn't quote GG, but it was close) about Anna and his girlfriend. But, as it is, the girlfriend seems extremely cofident that she will be in Anna's life. I'd love to have her confidence in things.

I don't like this either. My life sounds like a soap opera.

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 01-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you think if you made it known you wanted her involvement in Anna's life limited until there is something mroe long term than girlfriend that it'd work. At the end of the day you have no obligation to this girl or to Stephen. you only have an obligation to Anna and yourself.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know. See, the thing is, I know for a fact that Stephen's very opposed to marriage. So for him to live with someone is about as far as it goes. Which is what they do now.
Which might make it seem a bit like I'm being a prat.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You could skip the party, couldnt you, Jen? As in with Anna. You could say something came up. But i agree with Karen, if you do, go there alone, you dont need to take the little family trip the gf is suggesting.

And if she made her discomfort known to you when you were pregnant, then even you can voice your displeasure at the way she seems to be trying to be a bigger part of Anna's life. Wont be easy but I think it can be done without sounding downright mean or rude. But you need to talk to her.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, given that it'd still be reasonable (to me anyways) to maybe have it limited until they've been together for so many years.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

See, I was actually excited to go to the party, simply because the Dad of the lad is the guy who got me the job and we were quite good friends at the time. And since he works nights, I didn't see him for quite a while. There goes the excitement.

I just feel like I'm in the way of her perfect happy ending. And it's not my fault that whatever happened did happen. And I'm sick of feeling like that and her pushing me that way.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the thing, it's like she's making decisions for you or telling you how things are going to be.

BTW, I hope i don't sound like I am making decisions for you.

You will marry James when he and Heather split. That's an order.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dont let her make you feel bad about yourself or about what happened. Im sure you regret some of it, but you have Anna cuz of it. And i dont think you are in the way of their happy ending, i think she just likes to believe that you are and maybe its easier for her to not see that Stephen isnt quite happy and blame it on you somehow.

If you want to go to the party then you should, you deserve to have a litttle fun, but if you know its going to be anything but that, then why take so much stress. Or make sure you speak to her about all this first.

Karen, thats unusually sweet of you.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, but I wouldn't want to ruin James' happiness... Rob, on the other hand, is still single

Karen: From earlier: They were together for 7 years when she decided to go to Australia for a year and met someone there who made her break up with Stephen, just so she doesn't cheat. Time doesn't seem like proof enough of the strength of their relationship.

V: I'll see how things are, I might not feel well enough to go

Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry, I am having Rob. I decided.

Who would have thought taking a child to a kiddies party would be so stressful.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

It is, when life is a soap opera... I started looking at some of the soaps with different eyes Not Home & Away, tho, no place has such high mortality rate

Old 01-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Higher than Albert Square?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Much higher... Summer Bay is almost officially the most dangerous place to move to

I'm having a hump with them cos they killed off one of my fav characters just now

In just the last month there were I think 3 deaths... Or, OK, 2 deaths, one beating up, two almost drownings, there's two cancer cases at present...

Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

I was just watching an interview Katie had with David Letterman soon after DC ended

Dave: So how did the Creek finish, how did it end up?
Katie: Well...Joey ended up with Pacey and Dawson.... *looks around trying to think* ...is a director.

*Throws brick*