Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The official JVDB brick throwing society #2 ...we miss the good old days of fish slapping...not!

Hi everyone,

It seems more and more lately that some of the threads end up going off on a tangent with regards to venting frustrations about the storylines and how DC ended, lack of James related material, the quality of James related material and well, the sucky ending of DC. I just thought it was high time we had a place to vent our frustrations, a central location, which would maybe somehow allow the appreciation threads to be more appreciation orientated as opposed to the sometimes downward spiraling into negitivity.

Maddie and I felt that we should start a new thread for the brick throwing society just so we could re-introduce the rules.

Remember the FanForum rules when posting!
  • No bashing real people - meaning actors, writers, posters etc - it's one thing to critique something, but another to flat out bash someone. You can say I don't think Paul/Kevin et al made the right choice because...but you can't call a real person a moron.
  • Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.
  • Try to post something James related once in a while, although venting in general is ok.

If Maddie and I feel the need to reign someone in, we will and we reserve the right to edit the rules if need be.

Let's vent!

So i present to you:

The Official James van der Beek Brick Throwing Society.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread Karen.

God i needed it!! I digress from the main topic so many times, cuz at times the lines get blurred and i get carried away. Having had to watch the show till its bitter end, i have plenty of frustrations about DC!! So i can come here and take it all out and rant away to glory!

Will be back here soon!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for opening Karen.

I'm sure this will be a much needed place for most of us to come and rant, and I'm confident that all of the regular posters on this board understand the rules.

Vent away guys!

avi: Beatriz
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Karen, thanks for opening the thread

Well, since I'm here... I have to throw a brick because I'll have to use braces
I've never had any problem with my teeth, but lately it seems they are being compressed, I don't know... and I went to Daniel's orthodontist who said I'll have to use braces to contain this. Daniel just took off his braces and now I'll have to use it... Not happy about it, at all...

Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

*throws a brick for Cris' braces ordeal*

I know that won't be fun, Cris. I'm sorry!

Old 10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*throws a brick for Cris*

Cris, is this guy doing a 2 for 1 deal? That sucks. I had to get a brace when i was 21 because one of my adult teeth wouldn't come in. They had to remove the baby tooth and then over the course of months have something brace-like pull the adult tooth out and then I had a brace for ages. The actual brace being put in was about a week before my graduation ball and I was so self concious, I'd smile showing my teeth and then realise that no one had seen me with it before and immediately cover my mouth.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

That really sucks. My sister is getting married in February and I'm already thinking about the photos and video. Ugh...
I already thought about talking to the orthodontist to see if I can put the braces in March, but I'm only postponing the inevitable

Old 10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cris, maybe you should explain to the orthodontist about your sisters wedding and see what happens.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Cris, you're going to look great with braces! Just beware of flash photography. Seriously, that's a bummer But you'll have incredible teeth when it's all done!
I'll admit that I'm glad I had mine for three years of high-school where I was such a geek no one noticed my mouth anyway.
And I'd go with Karen's sugggestion - maybe talk to him. Aren't there clear ones and things now?

Oh, just realised this is to throw bricks.
*throws bricks while waiting for James' website to update*
Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

*throws a brick while waiting on new James OTH filming updates with PICS*

I know what you mean about the wedding, Cris. My bf needs braces but we're planning on getting married within the next 2 years or so, so I keep thinking, "Please don't let him have braces on our wedding. Please, please.". Luckily, we can still smile with our mouths closed, I guess...

But like Deb said, I would talk to the Dr. and see if I could have him postpone until after the wedding. It's been this long, why not wait another few months or so?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys, can I bring this one back?

It's just that I have a major rant coming up and throwing a brick might make me feel better...

*stands next to _the_ wall* This might do.

OK, so most of you know a lot of the whole story surrounding Anna.
Latest development: apparently me and Stephen's girlfriend are going to be best friends and be one big happy family *throws brick*
A couple I know from work (where the girlfriend now works and Stephen's on sick leave from) has two sons and of the boys' birthday is coming up. So instead of letting me know (the couple both have my phone number and if they don't all they'd need to do is ask), they told Stephen's girlfriend about the lad's party.
Point #1: What the hell does she have to do with my daughter??? They let her know, not even Stephen! *throws brick*
So she texted me to let me know about the party (their younger son had his party a few weeks ago and obviously, I wasn't invited, Anna was and Stephen and the girlfriend took Anna there), just in case I wanted to go (I was at that point thinking that she's being very nice, not that that wouldn't make me wonder in itself). So I said I'd love to, of course.
Point #2: Once again, it's my daughter and her father's girlfriend has to invite me *throws brick*
Then today she texted me to let me know when and where the party is. Now, I don't drive and the party is in a place that's on the outskirts of the town and no bus goes there at the time of the party (6pm, I know this town is pathetic ). So I keep reading the text message where she mentions this and read how Stephen has a car... I was OK, up until the last two parts of the message:
#1: "He can give us all a lift"
Point #3: What the hell? Why is she invited as an adult supervision for Anna? Why does she have such an urge to attend a birthday party that Anna was invited to? In short: what the hell does she want there? *throws brick*
Now, these are friends of all of us, but hey, inviting a childless person to a child's birthday party seems a little odd to me... maybe it's just me.
Anyway, text message continued:
#2: "I'll mention it to him anyway."
Point #4: Stephen doesn't even know about any of this! I know he is aware of the party, but as far as I know, he didn't know about himself going, since I was taking Anna. Or so I thought.

So now I'm stuck in a position that I didn't want to be in: having Stephen's girlfriend basically trying to be Anna's stepmom with no consideration to anyone else involved. I'm glad she's making an effort getting on with Anna, but there's a point where it feels more like she's a) trying to play "one big happy family" which she should know better is not gonna work or b) is trying to take over completely
Argh, how do you tell someone to back off and stop trying to be your best friend? What does she think, that I consider anything that happened between Stephen and me was a mistake and I'm sooo delighted he's having a happy life with her?
Oh I do want him to be happy, but funnily enough, the man's anything but

*continues throwing bricks*
Sorry, I just needed to vent. Big time.

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow!! *borrows the monster wall of ugly ultimatums and throws all the bricks for Jen's messed up situation*

All this is so screwed up, Jen. Im sorry. I think the gf gets that the only part of Stephen's life she isnt a part of, is the one which is connected to Anna and you. And this is her way to invade that space as well. I doubt she just wants to be more friendly with you, cuz she's making very obvious attempts to be a part of Anna's activities, which she obviously has nothing to do with.

Isnt there anyway that you can tell her that you appreciate all these new efforts to reach out to you and be more cordial, but you'd like if she drew a line somehwere, and not poke her nose too much in matters that dont concern her at all.

Maybe she thinks that you've accepted that she and Stephen are together and so is trying to make things less awkward for everyone. The trouble is that you cant actually tell her what you feel about this, without sounding mean and rude.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Jen *throws brick* This girl obviously has serious insecurity issues or perhaps she's doing the "Have your friends close and your enemies even closer" type of way...at least that's what seems to me...

Did you try talking to Stephen about it or do you think it could come out the wrong way?

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, Jen...I'm sorry for your crazy situaution! *throws brick*

I think Veronica made a good point - she probably sees you and Stephen's relationship with Anna the only thing she's not a part of, so she's trying to edge her way in. If that's the case, and you're not completely comfortable with that and the way she's going about it, I wouild definitely have a talk with her. Tell her that you understand that she wants to get along with Anna, but that you feel that she's over-stepping her boundaries. In as nice a way as possible, of course. That's only a suggestion, though. God knows it's easier said than done.

Best of luck Jen!!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks girls

Yeah, it's like walking through a minefield, but I'm kind of getting to my breaking point. I walked around the girl on tiptoes while I was pregnant, because she found it hard to deal with my pregnancy. At that point, the fact that I was facing pregnancy and the prospect of being a single Mom, all while working with the girl who was getting back together with my baby's father was obviously irrelevant. So I'm finding it hard to once again try and be completely nice about all this.

Stupid thing is, I didn't see Stephen today, because he just so happened to sleep through his usual time when he visits Anna. Hm, coincidence? I'm not sure.

A friend of mine brought up a good point about this whole "her going to the birthday party"... that maybe she doesn't want Stephen and me to be there without "supervision". Maybe she is insecure about him

All I know is that I don't need this kind of stress. And I'm not willing to just tag along and let myself get sick because of other people's feelings.
I'll be a bit of a tantrumy teenager now and I won't text her back until I talk to Stephen, just to get his version of this. Not that I trust the man that much

Thanks for listening to/reading my whiny ramblings

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ