Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I feel like they find things in the Book of Shadows really easily... they just ask a question & the spell they need appears? I don't really like that as it seems effortless. Then a simple spell reveals Angela is there? Why couldn't the Elder do that?
The book turned on it's on in the originals series too, but we later found out it was their grams helping them. I wonder if their Book of Shadows can recognize evil , or not? In the original charmed only good witches/white lighter can touch the book. Whenever the girls wanted to know if a person were good, or not they would just ask them to touch the book.

Quote:
I think that no one tried to save Tripp because they'd been exposed. The exposure risk was to great to bring him back to life. That or when someone is dead they can't be brought back? If I remember correctly that was the same in the original - as otherwise Leo would've been able to heal Prue. But I do agree with comments made in here that it was a bit strange that no one tried or it wasn't at least questioned? Mel spent the episode wanting to save Angela but here doesn't even question if Tripp can be saved?

True , once someone is dead they can't be brought back. But they really didn't check. They just declared him dead. But there is something else I notice. Harry said that the harbinger will spill innocent blood and bring forth the Source. Well innocent blood was spill....Trips blood. I think The demon at the end of the episode represents the source.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I know the original show did that but we also saw them turning the pages in the book & looking for the answers themselves. Here I feel they just ask the book for what they want & it gives it to them - although I do feel like their mother is the one turning the pages here, especially after this episode as she'd be the only one who knew she hid that spell in there for them

Mel said he wasn't breathing so I guess that was the 'check if he's dead' part . I do agree with you that they didn't care or do more to check on him. Charity just hurried the girls away, & Harry did nothing to try save him. Maybe whitelighters here aren't allowed to heal mortals or are only allowed to heal their charges? Or we're just meant to presume that he was dead from what Mel said so nothing could be done... Think its wrong that Charity then messed with his body & set him up to take the fall for the case that he & Niko were working on though. What about the real criminal there? What about his family (presuming he had one)? Sure she needed to cover up magical involvement so he had to commit suicide so there wouldn't be a case but why not just leave the body & see if it can be made to look like an accident? Niko telling Mel what happened though will lead Mel to be (more) suspicious of Charity. Maybe we're meant to be suspicious of Charity, I just didn't see it

Its highly possible that the final demon is the source or someone who serves the source . Innocent blood was spilled, indirectly by The Harbinger. But on the other hand if they killed The Harbinger & Angela in the process wouldn't that too be innocent blood? Seems they couldn't win at all there as no matter what was done, innocent blood was spilled. Their plan may have worked if Tripp didn't interrupt/catch them though. Does make Charity suspicious in that way, which could lead towards you being right. I don't know that she is evil or working with demons though. She may have simply not known Angela was still there which would make her good but possibly incompetent (but I'd say the Elders in the original show were incompetent & unhelpful at times too )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

First off YASSSSSSSSSSSS related to that ending with Craig Parker excited to see him again - loved him evil related to LoTS also was 1st season Spartacus -- damn looking at his IMDB, he was major part of Reign [56 epiodes]

Either way he looks fine indeed

IMDB already has a name down Alastair Caine Am I to assume its taking from the Original?

Trip and the fact that Nic said that they think he killed all those people that's awful and feel for Mel having the guilty of what happened to him though guess saving one meant balance had to come from another having to die

Really really liking the youngest [Maggie's] relationship dynamic starting off with that guy even if he's dating the sorority lady he deserves some one so much better that her and actually hoping that he ends up with Maggie

Last edited by crash landing; 11-11-2018 at 11:46 AM
Old 11-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 11-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Paint can it worked
Old 11-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

there are many funny scenes!
Old 11-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Yeah I know the original show did that but we also saw them turning the pages in the book & looking for the answers themselves. Here I feel they just ask the book for what they want & it gives it to them - although I do feel like their mother is the one turning the pages here, especially after this episode as she'd be the only one who knew she hid that spell in there for them
I'm glad that the mother is helping them. But I also questioned why she hide the spell? Hmm? I wonder did they keep the originals Charmed rule about evil not being able to touch the Charmed ones book of shadows? Beside the first episode, have Harry, or Charity touch book of shadows?

Quote:
Mel said he wasn't breathing so I guess that was the 'check if he's dead' part . I do agree with you that they didn't care or do more to check on him. Charity just hurried the girls away, & Harry did nothing to try save him. Maybe whitelighters here aren't allowed to heal mortals or are only allowed to heal their charges? Or we're just meant to presume that he was dead from what Mel said so nothing could be done... Think its wrong that Charity then messed with his body & set him up to take the fall for the case that he & Niko were working on though. What about the real criminal there? What about his family (presuming he had one)? Sure she needed to cover up magical involvement so he had to commit suicide so there wouldn't be a case but why not just leave the body & see if it can be made to look like an accident? Niko telling Mel what happened though will lead Mel to be (more) suspicious of Charity. Maybe we're meant to be suspicious of Charity, I just didn't see it
I think that we are meant to be suspicious of Charity, and of Harry. Especially since Charity had stayed that a lot of elders had been killed. Which means that the demons are killing elders. So why would Charity be spared?

Charity stated that Angela wasn't still in there. So one of three possibilities:

1. Charity lied to Mel about checking to see if Angela was still in there

2. Charity didn't care if Angela was in there or not. She just didn't care.

3. Charity wanted the girls to kill Angela, and release the Source.

Quote:
Its highly possible that the final demon is the source or someone who serves the source . Innocent blood was spilled, indirectly by The Harbinger. But on the other hand if they killed The Harbinger & Angela in the process wouldn't that too be innocent blood? Seems they couldn't win at all there as no matter what was done, innocent blood was spilled. Their plan may have worked if Tripp didn't interrupt/catch them though. Does make Charity suspicious in that way, which could lead towards you being right. I don't know that she is evil or working with demons though. She may have simply not known Angela was still there which would make her good but possibly incompetent (but I'd say the Elders in the original show were incompetent & unhelpful at times too )

The Originals plan was for the girls to kill the Harbinger with Angela inside so that innocent blood can be spilled. When the girls found another way around that they had to come up with a new plan. "Trip". I wonder if his death was a accident? Or a opportunity to spill innocent blood?
Old 11-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Charity stated that Angela wasn't still in there. So one of three possibilities:

1. Charity lied to Mel about checking to see if Angela was still in there

2. Charity didn't care if Angela was in there or not. She just didn't care.

3. Charity wanted the girls to kill Angela, and release the Source.
Believe it was the elders that probably made the decision as a group and didn't think of one person but thought of all those that may have been killed if they didn't kill Angela|the Harbinger

Think she did believe Mel but said nothing could be done about it so she stuck by he elders until seeing their mother's spell with the girls pleading for her to believe what she knew of their mother -- to believe in their mother
Old 11-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Sarah what are you questioning about if it takes from the original show?

I don't remember if Charity has touched the book. Harry did in the first episode but not sure if he has since. I don't think they've said if evil can touch it or not

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-12-2018, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

SO the Elders are weird.. also heading in that.. women are powerful direction.. sometimes it's just a bit much...

glad the girl was saved.. but.. Mel you#re a powerful witch.. it feels like their learnign curve was just.. not there.. kinda weird.. I mean this is episode 4...

Niko's partner getting killed off.. unnecessary.. and the Elders making him a scapegoat.. rude!

NARCISSE... Oh I mean Craig <3.. please come back for more next episode

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-12-2018, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Sarah what are you questioning about if it takes from the original show?
The fact that Craig Parker's character is already listed with a name on IMDB he's listed as Alastair Caine -- the dude that traded paint cans with Charity
Old 11-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
The fact that Craig Parker's character is already listed with a name on IMDB he's listed as Alastair Caine -- the dude that traded paint cans with Charity
There was a demon on Charmed called Alastair but it remains to be seen if there's any connection between the two or its a coincidence. I had to look that up so its not like it was a major role on the original show. He appeared in one episode & actually didn't appear very much in that episode as The Source killed him & then pretended to be him for the rest of the episode. I know exactly what happened in that episode but it wasn't necessarily an important demon, so his name doesn't stick in my head (for those who've seen the original show & wondering who it is its the demon from "Brain Drain" who could turn into inanimate objects & was spying on the Charmed ones, the source then takes Piper & goes into her head to make her think she's in a mental hospital)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I do not recall him..

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think that proves my point on it seeming unlikely to come from the original
Do you remember the episode? Brain Drain / The demon Alastair

Chelle » join GTmy art