Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Bot for example some characters would have to share the same thread even if they're from differend things, like movies and the series. Young Galadriel and Old Galadriel are always the same character, but isn't it confusing to discuss both in the same place? Also Elrond or even Halbrand/Sauron: Halbrand is a tv series invention, he doesn't exist in Tolkien, but Sauron is a character in the books and movies.

Quote:
I was thinking of it like the Marvel and DC boards where all characters and couples can have a thread, where the whole Tolkien World can be discussed
Those shows have their own boards (like Arrow, Smallville, Flash and so on) too, though.

The thing is that I don't have the energy to campaign for a Rings of Power board, I see there's little interest in it and I already lived such a thing with GG, so maybe it's better to have a few threads there than nothing. I still feel it would get lost in the middle of the other threads and movies stuff. I'm not a fan of boards with too many different things in it

Anyway, any decision is fine with me

Old 11-23-2022, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
Bot for example some characters would have to share the same thread even if they're from differend things, like movies and the series. Young Galadriel and Old Galadriel are always the same character, but isn't it confusing to discuss both in the same place? Also Elrond or even Halbrand/Sauron: Halbrand is a tv series invention, he doesn't exist in Tolkien, but Sauron is a character in the books and movies.

Those shows have their own boards (like Arrow, Smallville, Flash and so on) too, though.

The thing is that I don't have the energy to campaign for a Rings of Power board, I see there's little interest in it and I already lived such a thing with GG, so maybe it's better to have a few threads there than nothing. I still feel it would get lost in the middle of the other threads and movies stuff. I'm not a fan of boards with too many different things in it

Anyway, any decision is fine with me
no they don't have to, they can have their own threads. especially since they are played by different actors/actresses and from different shows/movies. we can arrange the threads however we want to. they can all have different threads or share the same thread if we want that

I think a new board is really unnecessary right now. because I don't really just talk about the show. I tlak about the LOTR-verse. And I make rewatches time to time. So it made me sad not to see the old board open. besides as you mentioned, it is really hard to campaign for a new one and keep a board active, because posters are diminishing. guests are mostly bots unfortunately so, it is better to have the old one reopened if we can, that'd be great the thing is we will have its own place to talk about everything LOTR-verse... so, it's up to us how to arrange it and we can make it however we like anyways no worries about that dear
Old 11-23-2022, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think one board is better

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 11-23-2022, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, reopen the old board.

Yes, the characters can have separate threads. That's what the Star Trek board does, for the same character played by different actors.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

The only reason why we didn't do it with Game of Thrones is because that particular show left such a bitter taste in the mouths of many, we wanted to separate ourselves from that. But LOTR is so loved.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I figured out that I was the only one preferring a separate board for Rings of Power, but it's okay

Old 11-24-2022, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I figured out that I was the only one preferring a separate board for Rings of Power, but it's okay
I guess so

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness (View Post)
The only reason why we didn't do it with Game of Thrones is because that particular show left such a bitter taste in the mouths of many, we wanted to separate ourselves from that. But LOTR is so loved.
That makes sense when you want to seperate the boards
Old 11-24-2022, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

In this case LOTR is loved, RoP not much

Old 11-25-2022, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In this case LOTR is loved, RoP not much
Well it is still loved, 86% on Rotten Tomatoes is not bad at all... and I keep seeing so many reaction videos who are actally enjoying the series and cannot wait for more... there are some fans who just hate everything I guess

I actually did not like HoD... Also I quit watching GoT after like 3rd season...

anywhoooo, here, it's important what we love

Last edited by lessismore; 11-25-2022 at 06:59 AM
Old 11-26-2022, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I only read hateful comments on social media (Twitter) and even some people I know in real life hated it.

Quote:
here, it's important what we love
That's for sure

Old 11-27-2022, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I only read hateful comments on social media (Twitter) and even some people I know in real life hated it.

That's for sure
There’s so much love than hate, I guarantee it!
Old 11-27-2022, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Not where I saw, but I trust you

Old 11-28-2022, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Not where I saw, but I trust you
trust me of course I love those reaction videos and all the positive comments. I have seen haters but I do not care they are not the majority at all!
Old 11-28-2022, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I admit that after seeing only hateful comments on social media, I stopped looking for comments in general or any interaction with the fandom. I just watched the episodes, maybe wrote a couple of tweets and that's it. I didn't even reblog stuff on Tumblr before the finale

Old 11-29-2022, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I admit that after seeing only hateful comments on social media, I stopped looking for comments in general or any interaction with the fandom. I just watched the episodes, maybe wrote a couple of tweets and that's it. I didn't even reblog stuff on Tumblr before the finale
social media is a weird place I have seen great comments as well. but some of them were just haters because they didn't know what they were talking about, at all
Closed Thread   Post New Thread