Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2022, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kind of a shame they didn't decide to just respect the development she's made over the past decade and acknowledge she's not the same person and it makes no sense for her. Olivia a decade ago, sure. Olivia now, not so much.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-15-2022, 08:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

They spent a decade with no contact and she never got closure. She's not the same, but the reasons they felt strongly for each other are still there.

also, rewatching and seeing her relationships with others...I think Olivia may be aromantic. Or maybe demiromantic. Especially with the longer term guys were Cassidy and Tucker, people she's known for years.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What annoys me is they don't address that, they just jump to the teasing of will they or won't they thinking that's what fans want. But its probably 50/50 on if people actually want them together or not. Then given how long the E/O shippers have waited already, would they really mind waiting a bit more to allow proper closure on his disappearance. He didn't say goodbye, he didn't tell her he quit, he didn't talk to her for a decade. The feelings surrounding that don't just up & disappear. But the show also only has so much time to cover things & with two shows it is a lot harder. The probably think the talk in the hospital covered that, time to move on. But for me not so much

I suspect that the plan is for them to get together at some point. If not then all the teasing is just cruel. Especially when you have lines like "I love you" pause "I love all of you". But they both would need to work out who they are right now & respect who the other person is right now. Olivia is not the junior police officer anymore. She's a captain, a mother. Elliot isn't necessarily the same tough police officer he was before either. We don't see his evolution of the missing years but that time would've changed him. He does seem different to me in OC. While I think even the actors want it to happen, I really hope the writers realises that these are two characters with a LOT of baggage & things to sort through. That's a lot to handle & cover when the two characters are on two different shows. Look at the practicality of it & if they still want to do it then do it right. Explore that. Don't make a mess of things. Don't reduce the progress Olivia's (& presumably Elliot's) character has been through. Don't diminish either of them.

There's always going to be a connection between them. Is it love? I don't know. Love of a family maybe? I always thought that it was a strong friendship, family-like bond. She didn't have anyone really, so he was her family. She's just a constant that was always there. He went away but she'll still be there for his children & him despite that time because she does care.

Quote:
also, rewatching and seeing her relationships with others...I think Olivia may be aromantic. Or maybe demiromantic. Especially with the longer term guys were Cassidy and Tucker, people she's known for years.
hmm there's an interesting thought... its hard to say. She's been show to have had sexual relationships but you don't see that level or have them explore that side to know how she actually stands on that part. She does seem to be shown to struggle with guys & keeping them around for long. Somehow she seems to pick guys who want different things than her. I also wonder if all she's been through as just had her build up walls keeping guys out too?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-16-2022, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, the way he treated her back then was pretty horrific and entirely selfish, and that's been brushed over for the most part. She changed so much after he left, into someone that would be far less accepting of his toxic behaviour, so for them to basically force this on her while addressing nothing is just insulting, tbh.

Regardless of what the plan is, I can't see them handling it well at all, especially seeing as the Organised Crime producers don't seem to care about Olivia's development in the slightest.

I always saw it was a pseudo family type thing, she had very little in the way of family so kind of made her friends her family.

Tbh I've never really thought any of the guys she's been with worked well with her. I think she's one of those characters that's just better off on her own.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-19-2022, 04:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm curious on what they're doing, but don't really see how it'll work. Or how they can just brush over the past. But maybe they think they're going over it & I just can't see it

Quote:
I always saw it was a pseudo family type thing, she had very little in the way of family so kind of made her friends her family.
Agreed

Quote:
I think she's one of those characters that's just better off on her own.
Possibly. But I also wonder if the show is just better off in general without the relationship side of things for any of them

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-19-2022, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't see it working at all either. The current seasons haven't even started here yet and I found the little we got last season incredibly forced.

I can't speak to that because I haven't seen much of rollisi yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-20-2022, 08:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

From what little I've seen it is ok but not necessary. But I do wonder if Rollisi takes up a bit more time in the coming episodes. But frustratingly the show returned here for one week & then seemed to disappear again so I'm still stuck about half way into the season. At least with Rollisi they're in the one show & I think it works now a little more since they're not both cops. I just can't picture how Elliot & Olivia will work both being on different shows & leads of those shows.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-21-2022, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the reason I'm so unsure on rollisi is that I didn't really see anything there until pretty much just before they got together, and even then it was more of an acknowledgement that thinking it worked. Still to be seen for me whether or not it works.

At least we won't have to see them forcing it so much with them on different shows. One Chicago have a cross-show marriage and we're lucky if they're seen together once or twice a season.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-23-2022, 01:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That makes it harder

I think that is my issue with Olivia & Elliot as I just never saw anything & now it feels like they brought him back to force them together.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-23-2022, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same, there was nothing there before, and claiming there is now, when Liv is a completely different person, is so forced!

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-23-2022, 08:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

There was something there for some people. I think even the actors wanted to play into it. So not completely from nowhere but they are only focussing on that not the growth & time that has occurred. Harder to watch when it is from nowhere for us.

Jackie if you are around have you watched any more of OC?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-24-2022, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

People wanting something to happen doesn't make it a good idea It was that that destroyed PLL, tbh.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-27-2022, 01:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah unfortunately some things just don't work out, even worse when it destroys shows

Anthony Anderson Not Returning for ‘Law & Order’ Season 22

‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ Names Bryan Goluboff Showrunner For Season 3

Quote:
nbclawandorder
What do you think, squad? Did @KelliGiddish win this game of #SVU ‘Who Said’ trivia?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-27-2022, 04:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So few boards submitted for next month's poll so think we won't have a poll again

Chelle » join GTmy art
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top