Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I am quite aware.

Personally, I don't care about it, as I do not watch it nor want to, but I understand the enthusiasm of it and love to see the passion for it.
its not that big in america, its a shock to a lot of people from other parts of the world when they visit america to see how the americans pay attention to their own sports instead

you have to go south instead, eg latin america to see the fanbase
Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I am quite aware.

Personally, I don't care about it, as I do not watch it nor want to, but I understand the enthusiasm of it and love to see the passion for it.

I used to play American Football but never liked NFL nor didn't care for it either after living in USA for 26 years of my life. Many Americans don't like soccer and it's not that big there even though we played soccer in HS. I'm a huge NBA fan though and follow Celtics and I used to play ball

Everyone have their favorite sports - mine is soccer and basketball

CONDEMNED666, soccer is massive in Latin America - just go to Mexico to see the soccer crazy fans there. Even when I was living in LA, there is a huge Mexican population on the East side who talk about soccer a lot

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 06-21-2018 at 04:01 PM
Old 06-21-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
I used to play American Football but never liked NFL nor didn't care for it either after living in USA for 26 years of my life. Many Americans don't like soccer and it's not that big there even though we played soccer in HS. I'm a huge NBA fan though and follow Celtics and I used to play ball

Everyone have their favorite sports - mine is soccer and basketball

CONDEMNED666, soccer is massive in Latin America - just go to Mexico to see the soccer crazy fans there. Even when I was living in LA, there is a huge Mexican population on the East side who talk about soccer a lot
the thing is the world cup is a glorified "UEFA Euro competing against the Copa america"

the other nations there dont stand a chance or are just there for the occasion
Old 06-21-2018, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
its not that big in america, its a shock to a lot of people from other parts of the world when they visit america to see how the americans pay attention to their own sports instead

you have to go south instead, eg latin america to see the fanbase
Its not big in Australia either. Probably 3rd or 4th after AFL, Cricket and NRL and Rugby Union. I think its more of an international league, we don't think we even play locally, but more overseas.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

In some countries there are other sports bigger than soccer, like USA has probably 4 different sports bigger than soccer (American Football, Basketball, Hockey and Baseball), same with Australia with Cricket and Rugby plus the Indian sub continent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh) who are cricket crazy

CONDEMNED666, you are right, it is basically Copa America vs UEFA Euro with a few Asian and African (not forgetting Australia ) countries added in the mix.

In the end of the day whether people enjoy the sport or not, whether it is not as popular in some countries, soccer is the world's No.1 sport
Old 06-22-2018, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Shocked at Brazil getting those 2 late goals, seemed lucky because Costa Rica were pretty level with them in terms of performance
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
In some countries there are other sports bigger than soccer, like USA has probably 4 different sports bigger than soccer (American Football, Basketball, Hockey and Baseball), same with Australia with Cricket and Rugby plus the Indian sub continent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh) who are cricket crazy

CONDEMNED666, you are right, it is basically Copa America vs UEFA Euro with a few Asian and African (not forgetting Australia ) countries added in the mix.

In the end of the day whether people enjoy the sport or not, whether it is not as popular in some countries, soccer is the world's No.1 sport
its questionable as to what sports the country with the world's largest population - china, actually supports, they believe sports is a eurocentric concept (a sentiment agreed upon by places like the middle east) and sport is boring
Old 06-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don't think there is any competition when it comes to worldwide popularity.

I watched the end of the Brazil/Costa Rica game at the airport. CR was so close to getting a point.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree with you, football is the undisputable #1.

Bummed for Costa Rica, they held on for so long. Masterclass performance from Navas, he’s truly one of the best and also the most underrated goalkeepers.

Nigeria vs. Iceland now. This one will decide a lot in this group.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

The TV in my room doesn't . I missed many games bc of work etc already now have time but no working TV.

Idk who to root for in the Nigeria- Iceland games, I like both teams.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh no, that sucks. Hopefully you will be able to watch the games somehow.

I don’t have a personal preference either but Iceland winning would be better for the group standings. xD Nigeria is leading though so we’ll see.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Late late show from Samba boys.

Nigeria beating Iceland 1-0 at the moment.

If they win, a mouth watering game on the horizon between Argentina and Nigeria

Soccer is the undisputed No.1 sport and World Cup is arguably the biggest sporting event

Latest: Nigeria 2 Iceland 0
Old 06-22-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nigeria finally started playing, took them 135 minutes. I just hope for this kind of performance against Argentina.

Penalty for Iceland through VAR. But Iceland messed it up.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Looking forward to the Argentina-Nigeria game - it is do or die situation
Old 06-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

A draw will be enough for Nigeria.

I’m not an Iceland supporter but I am disappointed they couldn’t finish their chances in the first half. After Nigeria’s goal they just ran out of means.

Iceland could still qualify by beating Croatia but I don’t see that happening.