Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Brazil leading 1-0 at the moment with a absolutely stunning goal but the game is dull so far
Old 06-17-2018, 02:56 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Okay, I will PM you today.

I got your PM! You're the absolute best!

The opening post has been updated and it looks incredible. Thanks so much!
Old 06-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Another dreadful game between Brazil and Switzerland finishing 1-1. The Swiss team defended brilliantly though but Neymar wasn't great tonight
Old 06-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)

I got your PM! You're the absolute best!

The opening post has been updated and it looks incredible. Thanks so much!
No problem! Thanks for updating it!

Just to let everyone know, I linked to the original sources of the first & the animated arts. I couldn't do that with the last art because I don't know who made it.

Also, I didn't know if people still want to have their names added to the teams they support.

-------

I wasn't happy with today's results until Switzerland managed to equalize. But I'm disappointed with Germany. Not a good performance from them at all so congrats to Mexico. That being said I hope and believe that Germany will improve from now on.

Pretty good games though. I agree Portugal vs. Spain has been the best match so far.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 06-17-2018 at 04:31 PM
Old 06-17-2018, 05:11 PM
Addicted Fan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df54offX0AAMX1k.jpg
Old 06-18-2018, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I root for Russia and Iceland this year. Spain is good too and Portugal.
Russia were awesome in their first game. Iceland did their best against Argentina and I wish them (Iceland) the best for the world cup.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 06-18-2018, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

My favorite team has always been Brazil but they have been appalling for quite a few years now. I quite like Iceland and yes I can see Russia doing well on home soil. Germany had a bad day last night but I think they will be OK. Enjoyed Mexico flair, kind of rooting for them. As for England, no comment
Absolutely saddened about USA not qualifying though.

I think the games have been pretty dull so far except the Spain-Portugal one, and Mexico-Germany although did enjoy Iceland's resilience against Argentina.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Many surprising results taking place so far. It's been very exciting.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Good wins for Sweden and Belgium. Dramatic last minute win for England against Tunisia
Old 06-18-2018, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay, so glad England won! It’s one of the teams I support and of course one of the favorites in the group, so I’m glad at least some of those teams did well. It was also a pretty good game, especially the first half was entertaining and of course those late goals are always dramatic.

Another good match was Belgium vs. Panama, and an expected and impressive win for Belgium. Especially the second half was entertaining.

Tomorrow I’m looking forward to Colombia vs. Japan, and I’m supporting Colombia.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

To be honest I found the match with Belgium and Panama pretty boring and same with Sweden and South Korea too. England's youthful team look good but I think they are inexperienced and probably struggle against better teams.
The only matches I enjoyed so far was Spain v Portugal, Germany vs Mexico, Argentina v Iceland and Tunisia v England - the rest was dull IMO
Old 06-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you find them dull because of the low number of goals? I didn’t see the whole Sweden vs. South Korea match and to be honest I missed the beginning of Belgium vs. Panama but I thought Belgium played very well and especially the second half was good.

Iceland fighting Argentina and keeping them from winning made the match for me but to be honest it wasn’t very entertaining football. England vs. Tunisia was good because England played lively football even though they almost couldn’t take advantage of their chances which is probably due to their inexperience and also Tunisia hanging on for as long as they did.

Mexico did play well which was emphasized by Germany playing so poorly and unimaginatively. I agree with you that Portugal vs. Spain has been the best match so far, definitely the best football technically and amazing individual performances. I guess also Russia scoring 5 can’t be anything else but entertaining.

A game can be good even with a low number of goals but of course goals are what make the games so I hope we see more of them and the average of goals per game goes up, it’s pretty low right now.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Germany 0 Mexico 1
Argentina 1 Iceland 1
These were low scoring games but I enjoyed it so the answer to your question is that it has nothing to do with whether the game being low scoring or not.

Belgium 3 Panama 0
Belgium were good in the second half but I wasn't enthused by them one bit.

Sweden 1 South Korea 0
Match was seriously dull

England has featured in some of the most memorable matches in previous WCs so once they get into the second round there would be guaranteed drama (penalty shootouts ). I did mention earlier that England team are young and inexperienced. They won't win the WC though.

Russia 5 Saudi Arabia 0
The Saudis shouldn't be in the competition after that

The rest of the matches that I didn't mention were forgettable

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 06-18-2018 at 02:11 PM
Old 06-18-2018, 02:10 PM
MST Manager

England won. The match was nerve wracking.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Are we banking on England to be involved in another dramatic penalty shootout if they qualify from the group stages? I think we might see it