Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Disobedience (View Post)
Any official word if Schneider is starting on Sunday? I think he needs to stay in net if we want to win this series.
I don't think we'll know for sure until closer to the game, but I'd be surprised if they go back to Luongo in this series. Again, not that he was the problem, but they've still got a long way to go, and since the combination of Schneider and bringing Daniel back last game seemed to work they shouldn't change things now.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

They're sticking to Schneider, no doubt about it in my mind. I hope the Canucks keep him and ship Luongo out. I know this may sound unfair, but I really think he's been such a huge distraction for this team. It's like they can't play properly when he's in net; they don't trust him. And three consecutive years of being blown out in the playoffs, including the SCFs... well that's gonna leave a mental mark on the team.
PetrificusTotalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Had to bring this over - after game 4 some Fox Sports radio guy tried to interview "Ryan Kesler", but didn't realize he was actually talking to Kevin Bieksa. Bieksa played along and pretended to be Kesler for the clueless interviewer:

Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That was awkward how he mentioned how much he loves the ''States and that's where ''real'' hockey fans are.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't watch it because I'm on dialup (I live in the sticks. )....but the discription of it sounds so funny. Poor Kevin.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:28 PM

Why do you say ''Poor Kevin''? He could have let the interviewer know his real name. I wouldn't mind being mistaken for Ryan Kessler though either.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's not up to Kevin to do the reporters homework, you do an interview make sure you know who you're talking too. And how do you politely mention to the guy that you're not the guy he thinks you are without making him look or feel like a total tool? (but again i haven't actually seen the video, if Kevin is being an ass about it, then that changes things)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

I don't know how this interview came about, the YouTube video is actually audio only, it's a radio interview so you don't see what's going on.

But the funny part is not so much what Bieksa says, it's that this alleged sports reporter didn't know who he was talking to. Had he actually even been watching the series? If he's going to interview a guy, he should know enough about him to ask sensible questions, and one of the more basic things to know about a person is what they look like.

I also got the impression that Bieksa was trying to say outrageous things to see if the interviewer realized something fishy was going on. And I think that he said the stuff about America vs. Canada to poke fun at comments Kesler himself made during the 2010 Olympics.

Anyway, it was a bit of fun in what has been a generally depressing series. The loss last night wasn't a surprise, it would have been difficult for the Canucks to win four games in a row. It's unfortunate that Daniel had to sit out for the first three, if it wasn't for that concussion I'm quite sure they would have done better in this series.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Extreme Fan

There's always....next year.

Top priorities for the off-season:

-Elite 2nd line playmaker
-Top 4 d-man
-Luongo situation
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

I heard Luongo talk to the press yesterday. I was a bit surprised that he offered to waive the "no trade" clause if trading him would be best from the team. I've heard people for years moan about how that clause meant we could never get rid of him, but the way he talked it seemed like it wouldn't be an issue at this point. I understand that it could still be tricky trading him, but today it seems to me more feasible than it was yesterday.

I also thought Luongo showed a lot of class, focusing on the team rather than himself.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrificusTotalus (View Post)

Top priorities for the off-season:

-Elite 2nd line playmaker
-Top 4 d-man
-Luongo situation
YAY for Garrison I'm really hoping him and Eddy gel; I think they have the potential to be a top pairing.

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

Solid.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM

Are you watching today's game? Canucks get Ryan Kesler back today. Some sad news though, Manny Malhotra will miss the remainder of this NHL season, because of an eye injury. Wish him well.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Go Canucks!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM

They're Round 1 match up in this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs is vs. the Sharks. Game 1 is scheduled for a 7:30 P.M. Pacific start time on Wednesday.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for the game! I sure hope they do well.

Who's starting in goal? I felt so bad for Lou during the Edmonton game.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread