Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

How I wish fans wanting their team to win would somehow transform into the team winning. We'd be kicking major butt in that case.

Hopefully we get a win tonight!

Good Luck Canucks!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, they better win both my teams face elimination tonight One of them has to pull through
Calgaryfan2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Disobedience (View Post)
How I wish fans wanting their team to win would somehow transform into the team winning. We'd be kicking major butt in that case.
It's shocking that this has happened, considering we have virtually the same team as last year. Everybody was worried about goaltending coming into the playoffs, but that's the only thing that's been fairly good so far. It's the rest of the team that's melted down.

I want them to win tonight, but will it just be prolonging the inevitable?

Ironically, before this series started I told someone I wanted the series to be over quickly, because last year the Canucks ended up playing 6 or 7 games in every series and it really wore them down by the end. I didn't mean I wanted it to be over quickly like this!
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

The goaltending has been really good. And even the plays haven't been that bad...it's just something isn't clicking. ...hopefully facing elimination (and getting a win!) will be the spark the team needs. And get them pumped up again.

We can't loose to the Kings....I HATE the Kings (I have issues going all the way back to the Leafs/Kings semi finals)

Quote:
I know, they better win both my teams face elimination tonight One of them has to pull through
I hope both of your teams make it!...but if only one can...I gotta root for Vancouver!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The goaltending has been really good. And even the plays haven't been that bad...it's just something isn't clicking. ...hopefully facing elimination (and getting a win!) will be the spark the team needs. And get them pumped up again.
They tend to play better with Schneider in net for some reason, so I completely understand why he was in goal for game 3, even though Luongo was playing well through the first two games. And they did seem to play better, but not enough to win the game.

I just read that Schneider is going to start in goal tonight too, and it looks like Daniel will play as well. Maybe between them that will be enough to get the team going.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Corey Schneider is a stud. Had him on my fantasy hockey team this year & got to play him a lot while he started a bunch of games. He was terrific. Thankful that he is scheduled to start today & the Sedins are able to play as well.

Whoever wins this series plays either the Predators or Red Wings? Was hoping the Canucks would get to play the Blackhawks again in these playoffs though things aren't looking good for Hossa right now. Brutal hit from Raffi Torres yesterday on him if you missed it.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Luongo is a great goalie but I prefer Schneider. I just like his style more. Although he had me screaming the last game, I was "GET BACK IN YOUR NET!"

I like when Vancouver and Chicago play against each other. Usually very intense series. ....I missed the hit but apparently it was pretty bad. I think instead of suspensions they should start giving the other team a bonus goal or something, maybe the injuries will stop. Yes it's hockey, you have hits, but some of these hits are for the soul purpose of injury and that's not hockey.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Luongo is just inconsistent. He can be good, but also be terrible at times too. Schneider hasn't played as often, but he's been more consistent when he has.

Last year during the Stanley Cup playoffs I went to Rogers Arena for one of the away games, can't remember which one, I just remember it was one of the ones the Canucks lost badly. The crowd at the arena was pumped, but it was such a depressing game they didn't have a lot to cheer for. The only big cheer of the game came when Luongo was pulled and Schneider went in, but by then it was too late.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I remember that, well I wasn't there but I was watching on tv and they showed the crowd cheering and I'm like ouch!

That was a great game! I don't know how the players do it, I was having a heart attack just watching, my nerves would explode actually playing it!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was a great game! I don't know how the players do it, I was having a heart attack just watching, my nerves would explode actually playing it!
I couldn't watch parts of it, especially when LA went on a power play, it was just too nerve wracking.

Amazing what a difference one player can make though, having Daniel Sedin back. It wasn't necessarily that Daniel was better than everybody else, more like he was a missing piece of the puzzle needed to get the puck into the net.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad they won the game last night!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It was great to see their Power Play do well. Cory Schneider is going to be a free agent this summer. What do you expect the Canucks to do with him & Roberto Luongo? Luongo I believe has a ''No Trade'' clause & 10 years left on his current contract.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

No Trade for 10 years? That's insane! Why would they ever sign something like that? As much as I love Cory Schneider being a Canuck, he needs to be somewhere where he can shine. He's a starting goalie stuck as a backup. Unless it's possible to send Luongo as backup.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
No Trade for 10 years? That's insane! Why would they ever sign something like that?
People in this town have been asking that question for years.

I'm no expert, but I just can't imagine Luongo getting better then he is now, and he's had some pretty spectacular chokes in crucial games. If Luongo's contract was not an issue, it seems like the most sensible thing would be to go with Schneider, he's good now and hopefully will just get better when he's able to play more games.

There was a lot of talk before the trade deadline about whether the Canucks would trade Schneider, and it all sounded a bit crazy to me. Luongo's just not reliable enough to play without a good Plan B.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm no expert, but I just can't imagine Luongo getting better then he is now, and he's had some pretty spectacular chokes in crucial games. If Luongo's contract was not an issue, it seems like the most sensible thing would be to go with Schneider, he's good now and hopefully will just get better when he's able to play more games.
Exactly. Schneider has bailed the team out durring some crucial times because Luongo wasn't getting the job done. Luongo has had a really good career so far, but you can't expect him to always be that good, and it's starting to show already. Hopefully there is a loop hole somewhere.

Any official word if Schneider is starting on Sunday? I think he needs to stay in net if we want to win this series.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread