Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2018, 03:42 PM
MST Manager

Kerber's match today was incredible. So glad she won.

Serena won, although I wanted her to lose.

All men's tomorrow.

My #1 boy against my #2 guy! (Nadal versus Del Potro).
Old 07-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think saying someone was ''lucky'' is disgraceful. In most sports when teams or players are talented as each other then ''luck'' I think to some is part of what determines an outcome. I just hope Caroline does better in her next tournament.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 AM
MST Manager

Wow, Kevin Anderson played well to beat Roger Federer. Kevin kept his nerve well in the fifth set.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:18 PM
MST Manager

I am WORN. OUT.

From Kevin Anderson and Roger Federer's EPIC 5th set battle to Nadal and Del Potro's PHENOMENAL five setter today, I am completely done.

Such incredible tennis today.

The match of the tournament was Nadal/Del Potro, especially since it is my two favorite guys. I don't understand how Del Potro was even standing today. So, so good! And, that hug at the end.... it was so lovely. What great sportmanship!
Old 07-11-2018, 01:50 PM
MST Manager

I agree with everything you said Nikki.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:52 PM
MST Manager

The match was 4 hours, 48 minutes.

I thought it was at least 10 hours.

OH. EM. GEE.

I need a nap!
Old 07-11-2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sad that Roger lost.

Looking forward to Novak vs Rafa. Hopefully Novak is finally back.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 07-11-2018, 02:54 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
Looking forward to Novak vs Rafa. Hopefully Novak is finally back.
That's going to be a good one! I hope Nadal pulls out another win.

Novak did look really good against Nishikori today.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Nikki! The way Kev beat Roger was really stunning. Nadal/Delpo's match was very high quality too, both of them fought their hearts out.

Nadal/Nole is gonna be amazing

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Fan

i really despise the sports journalism with regards to how a player's run ends at a grand slam

instead of saying 'roger federer crashes out of wimbledon!', they could say 'his run at wimbledon this year has come to an end in the quarter finals'

goodness knows how hard it is to make a quarter final of a grand slam, even more so to do it year after year, and winning it every now and then
Old 07-12-2018, 12:34 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
i really despise the sports journalism with regards to how a player's run ends at a grand slam

instead of saying 'roger federer crashes out of wimbledon!', they could say 'his run at wimbledon this year has come to an end in the quarter finals'

goodness knows how hard it is to make a quarter final of a grand slam, even more so to do it year after year, and winning it every now and then
I hate that too. Federer is a legend. Anderson had to play extremely well to beat him.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I hate that too. Federer is a legend. Anderson had to play extremely well to beat him.
its what sells in the media though, thinking its the end of the world because a player lost, or even some inner pleasure from seeing someone whose extremely good at what they do fail
Old 07-12-2018, 08:42 AM
MST Manager

Kerber won today!

I hope she beats Serena in the finals.

Just on a personal note, I hate listening to the commentators when Serena plays. It doesn't help that I do not like her because everything they say about her annoys the hell out of me.

Quote:
its what sells in the media though, thinking its the end of the world because a player lost
Seriously. Federer lost one match. He's fine.

And, how about they give just a little bit of credit to Kevin Anderson who played his ass off to beat him? That was a match of his lifetime. Kudos to him.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I really can't bear everyone on social media who is blaming Roger's loss on his move to Court 1, instead of acknowledging how well Kevin played.

Ostapenko played shockingly poor today. I expected a much closer match.

I shall be rooting for Novak tomorrow, come what may

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I don't think saying someone was ''lucky'' is disgraceful.

Well, it's certainly not respectful. It's basically deflecting from congratulating one's opponent and saying "things could have been different, if only [such a thing] had happened instead" - there's a lack of grace to it. I generally like Wozniacki, but I can't tolerate those type of press conferences where a player blames everything but themselves for a loss. I also didn't like how she complained to the umpire about Sabalenka's grunt in Eastbourne.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

They do the same when Novak loses but headlines sell. Novak deserved center for his match, having had to play court 1 and 2 a LOT, its not the reason Fed lost. Plus fed lost in halle.he skipped clay season so to not win here must hurt but I dislike him a lot.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread