Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

no matter what is said by all the paid hack stuffed shirts, that Bears linebacker (cut by the Steelers) did taunt the Steelers sideline for almost 8 seconds, you can clearly seeing him posturing/taunting at the Steelers bench. it was the right call, although that ref was being weird with the hip check incidental contact. the Steelers cut him because he was a hothead and had several incidents early in the season. i guess they had enough of him, and cut him during the trade waivers deadline, to put several new names on the practice squad.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 11-09-2021, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Almost thought the Bears kicker was going to make the 65 yrd Fg to win the game just hit the cross bar
Old 11-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Almost thought the Bears kicker was going to make the 65 yrd Fg to win the game just hit the cross bar

if you watch the end zone refs camera, the ball drops yards short of the goal post. the camera view from the espn cams made it look a lot closer and hit the bar, but it actually was yards off. very weird i know.

here is the video.

at 7:17 you will see how far that 65yd kick fell short. once again, espn is the absolute worst network for garbage coverage, announcers who should be fired, and deceptive spin on games.

Last edited by Jen's Herald; 11-09-2021 at 01:34 PM
Old 11-09-2021, 05:01 PM
MST Manager

I cannot see the video here.

I will look for it on YouTube.
Old 11-13-2021, 01:36 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Cam Newton has signed with Carolina & the Rams have signed Odell Beckham Jr.

Bears pass rusher Cassius Marsh fined by NFL for controversial taunting penalty vs. Steelers, per report

One of the more controversial topics through the first half of the season has been the NFL's new emphasis on taunting penalties throughout the league. That was on full display Monday when Bears pass rusher Cassius Marsh was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in the midst of Chicago's Week 9 matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Marsh did his normal karate-kick celebration following a fourth-quarter sack and then strutted a few steps towards the Pittsburgh sideline. That led to referee Tony Corrente throwing a flag on Marsh, which erased a key third-down stop in the eventual Bears' loss.

Not only did that infraction stunt Chicago's chances of pulling out a win, but it's now made Marsh a bit lighter in his wallet. According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, the league informed Marsh on Friday that he is being fined $5,972 for that penalty. Marsh plans to appeal the fine in hopes of getting it rescinded. Specifically, the fine references Section 3, Article 1(c) of the rulebook where it prohibits "using baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams."

n the play in question, there was also brief contact between Marsh and Corrente. Marsh said after the game that the referee "hip-checked" him as he went to the sideline. Corrente said the contact did not contribute to him throwing the flag.

Entering Week 9, there had been 35 taunting penalties called through 136 games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...rs-per-report/
Old 11-13-2021, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didn't have a problem with his sack celebration, but when he spent nearly ten seconds in approaching the Steelers bench and flexing at them, then turns around right into the ref, what a moron. and in a critical moment of the game. lol you overrated jerk.

6K is valet chump change to these man-babies.

the Steelers cut Marsh because he had some continuing disciplinary problems with the DC and coaching staff, a perennial hothead. ugh.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:51 PM

OK, so Tampa Bay lost to Washington today. Yikes. Tennessee & Dallas won. Detroit & Pittsburgh ended their game today with a tie at 16.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We had 3 blowouts today . As much as i love my Patriots, never would I think they would give up the first seven points and then score the next 45 never giving up another point after that.Dallas just blew out the Falcons, Bills all over the Jets ..
Old 11-15-2021, 09:41 AM
MST Manager

Several blowout games.

And, Seattle got SHUT OUT! That made my weekend.

I hate games that end in a tie. There should always be a clear winner.

Shocked that Washington beat Tampa Bay, but glad they did.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
Several blowout games.

And, Seattle got SHUT OUT! That made my weekend.

I hate games that end in a tie. There should always be a clear winner.

Shocked that Washington beat Tampa Bay, but glad they did.
Same here, really need to change OT rules
Old 11-17-2021, 10:11 AM
MST Manager

I was so happy that my Niners shocked the world and beat the Rams.

Only Steve Young picked us to win that game.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:09 PM

Ties have been a part of the N.F.L. for a long time. That's how it is. They have changed the overtime rules in that league & the more they play the greater chances of injuries are, which I think is partly at least why they don't have 15 minute overtime periods anymore & it's down to 10 minutes. Generally it's hard to end a game with a tie score in the N.F.L. these days.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I was so happy that my Niners shocked the world and beat the Rams.

Only Steve Young picked us to win that game.
I'm sure you are
Old 11-18-2021, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4 int 4 sacks Matt Ryan had some decent receptions, but he had no help on his offense of line.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:50 PM
MST Manager

Pats shut them out!

Niners beat Jacksonville today. Well, it's the Jags, but I'll take it.