Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Total Fan

Whew, total collapse by the Giants today...that was a tough one to watch y'all. You'd think after last year, I'd be prepared for these types of things, but it doesn't get any easier.

Going into Florida with the series split...not a good sign. The Marlins play extremely well in their ballpark, plus - kill lefties (which is what we have on the mound in the first game) AND will be chided on by 50,000+ fans and the entire National Media. (everybody loves an underdog) We win one more game in this series, it'll be a miracle.

Though, I'd like to go on record saying, the Marlins are a class act all the way and if they down my Giants, I'll be rooting for them to go all the way.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

My living room was an interesting place last night. My dad grew up in Chicago, and is a die-hard Cubs fan. I grew up in Atlanta, and have been a die-hard Braves fan since Dale Murphey was playing, and Joe Torre was their manager. While I like the Cubs, I LOVE the Braves. My dad likes the Braves, but LOVES the Cubs. We agreed that after this series, both of us would root for whichever team won.

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Another close one in Atlanta tonight...I can't believe how many Cubs fans are there. I guess if the Braves fans don't wanna go, then might as well fill the stands with Cubs fans. I never will understand apathetic fans. Winning doesn't get old...no matter what anyone says.

I really wanna watch the Boston-Oakland game tonight but it starts so late and I gotta be at work at 7 in the am. I hate this part of the playoffs cause the games are always at crappy times. Except for apparently the Cubs-Braves series...that's all I've seen of the playoffs so far. I faked being sick last Oct. so that I could stay home and watch the Cards last year in the 1st round.

It's when you cry just a little, but you laugh in the middle that you've made it. -Tonight, Not Again
DobblersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

I know. I gotta be in a classroom at 7am and the game starts at 10 [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'll watch as much as I can of it.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

1-0 boston, 1st and 2nd 1 out for Oakland,... 3rd inning.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Whoo hoo! My Braves won tonight to tie the series!

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's time for the Fairweather Fans (like me) to come out and support their teams for the playoffs.

Go Sox! Up 4-3!

-Will
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:54 AM
Total Fan

The Giants and the Red Sox belong to a little club called Chokeaholics Anonymous.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

In line behind the Braves.

I went to bed in the 10th inning.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>In line behind the Braves.

I went to bed in the 10th inning.</STRONG>
Diehard Oakland fan, here - which you know. I didn't last the whole game, but my grandmother did, as did my coworker. They said the pressure was intense, and I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep if stayed up for it.

But...A's WIN!!!. Hey, I have to have some hope.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Tough loss for the Cubs last night! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

They had Hampton on the ropes in the first inning, but could not capitalize with bases loaded and no outs. This is beginning to become a recurring theme, which I don’t like. I don’t care if the bottom of the order was up, they have to find a way to manufacture runs. The Cubs were lucky that such poor execution didn’t cost them Game 1. And what is up with the atrocious base running? It’s one thing to be aggressive but another to make stupid decisions. I’m growing very tired of watching Sosa, Ramirez and Simon cost us on the base paths.

It would be SWEET to head back home with a 2-0 lead right now, and the Cubs had plenty of opportunities to close it out last night. I’d have preferred that Remlinger pitched in relief instead of Veres, but what can you do? Last night’s loss was a major disappointment, but I’m still confident with Prior taking the mound on Friday.

Btw, Joe Morgan and Jon Miller are terrible! The former is as pompous and self-righteous as can be, and these two couldn’t even tell the difference between Grudzielanek and Alou early in the game. That’s just sad. They kept blaming Alou for making a base running error, when he hadn’t even come up to bat yet! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I also wanted to catch the BoSox-A's game last night, but it was getting pretty late and I'm still trying to get over the flu. Sleep was mandatory. Sounds like it was a thriller, though.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Jen *:
<STRONG>

Oh, and I just have to say that I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Javy Lopez, even if the majority here seems to hate him. lol
</STRONG>
I’m not a Javy hater, but I wasn’t too thrilled with his comments about how the Cubs could not beat the Braves due to their chemistry and because the Cubs brought in a lot of new players this season.

Whatever.

I don’t like it when any athlete spouts off like that, even if he didn’t intend things to be interpreted the way they have been. That’s fine, though. It just provides extra motivation for the Cubs. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Total Fan

IMO, it's impressive that the Cubs left Atlanta with a split. Atlanta is a *very* good hometeam and even with the loss the Cubs suffered yesterday, it wasn't crushing. One pitch decided the game and it could've gone either way. It's a three game series now, with the Cubs having homefield advantage and Prior on the mound. Cubs fans have to love those odds.

I think out of all the ESPN announcers, Joe Morgan & Jon Miller are the best...which isn't saying much. LOL. ESPN guys suck.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

I don't like Javy's personality but I like everything else [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] Does that count?? J/K He's fine but he needs to come down.

As winning 1-5. Interesting.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

That would be 5-1, missy!
Oh, yeah!

Sorry about the Cubbies, Chi. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I'm pulling for them.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread