Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>Wood became the youngest player to reach 1,000 K’s (and the fastest, too) with tonight’s 9 K effort, </STRONG>

yeah, i was watchign that at work. See, he beat out Roger and Doc, and at this stage, Clemens and Gooden were rock solid aces, which is exactly where Woods should be.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

I like Delgado & Pujols for MVP's.

I know Carlos has had an unimpressive post AS break, but it just seems like no one is going to come up as big as Tejada did last year to put up the Tejada/A-Rod debate.

Crap. I missed the unassisted triple play highlights cause I was studying for my sum school final. Grrr. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Seems like post AS break, Huddy's the only one getting run support! We beat Pedro! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jilliek:
<STRONG>
We beat Pedro! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>

SHush!

First team do to so in 3 months, congrats.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>

yeah, i was watchign that at work. See, he beat out Roger and Doc, and at this stage, Clemens and Gooden were rock solid aces, which is exactly where Woods should be.</STRONG>
Totally agree. Despite the lack of run support Kid K usually gets, he should be A LOT better pitcher than he is right now. This guy has awesome stuff, but he can be very inconsistent. It's frustrating! If Wood had better control, I can only imagine just how good he would be.

ETA: For those of you who laughed at Mark Prior's complete game victory against the Dodgers (and you know who you are [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), just take a look at what L.A. did against Dontrelle Willis last night. They shelled him. Gone by the 2nd inning. Not so unimpressive now, huh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Seriously, the Dawdgers have actually been on a roll lately. Even before the Cubs series.

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited Chi159 ]
Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

My Dodgers are an odd team, they'll bomb the **** outta your ace, the day after getting shutout by your #5 starter [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Willis has sucked in the second half. Other than outdueling Unit, he's been butt.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Another win for the Cards tonight. And Brett Tomko actually pitched well again. He's been really good in his past few starts. It looks like Morris will be starting the game Sunday against Philly. He threw a simulated game yesterday with no problems, and some of the best stuff he's had all year (according to Dave Duncan) so maybe there is hope for the Cards in the NL Central after all.

It's when you cry just a little, but you laugh in the middle that you've made it. -Tonight, Not Again
DobblersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Total Fan

Well, one would hope so...can't let the scrubs or the asstros have it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Barry hit two dingers tonight, but we lost. Stinkin' Mets. We never win in their stadium.

I know it's a bit early to be asking this question, but who would you guys like your teams to acquire in the off-season? (Out of the available free agents.)
Old 08-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Carlos Zambrano.

Complete game, shutout victory.

Houston’s offense looked bad.

That is all. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, it was great to see Zambrano pitch lights out AGAIN. Damn! The Cubs’ pitching staff has posted an ERA of around 2.50 over the past month. That has to rank among the tops in baseball. Just imagine how good they would be with a halfway decent offense. It was nice to see Lofton produce three hits tonight and to watch Alex Gonzalez come out of his 3-1,000.000th slump with a 2-run HR. Whew! The Cubs really needed this game. Now let’s take the next two.

Who would I like to get in FA? I don’t know all the players that will be free agents after this season, but I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing Vlad, Colon, Vazquez, or even the aging Maddux play for the North Siders next year. But, most of all, I want to see a vast improvement in offense from our guys up the middle and on the bench. We need some hitters, dammit! Screw Raffy!

Old 08-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

I knew i was going to come in here and see some **** about Zamboni [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] This performance i would be impressed with, Houston has some major lumber in it's lineup and Victor shut them boys down big time.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>even the aging Maddux play for the North Siders next year. </STRONG>

yeah, another 5 innings and 13 hits given up by Maddux, i'm sure Atlanta will let you have him for a few bagels and some Gyros.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Bring it on.

Once Maddux surrounds himself with quality starters again, it will be ALL good! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing him finish out his career on the North Side. He should have never left to begin with. The fact that he's been shaky this year should make the asking price lower. And who would ever peg Mad Dog as a fifth starter? Well, he would be on the Cubs' staff. Pretty sweet.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

5th Starter? He'd still run that raggedy group of underachievers [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think he might retire. If he can't win in atlanta, i'm sure he'd never want to go to a place like Chicago, unless it's with a contender like the White Sox [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Ouch!

You're such a Cubs hater.

*Passes the Haterade*

White Sox= contenders? Bwah! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Group of underachievers? I hope you’re talking about the Cubs’ offense because their pitching has excelled. Give them the type of run support that most teams provide and you wouldn’t be talking about them underachieving. They don’t get enough credit. It’s usually Oakland stealing the limelight, and rightfully so.

And, yep, Maddux would be a 5th starter. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

White Sox= contenders? Bwah! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

</STRONG>

1 game back, and pimp slapping the defending world champions as we type [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Cubs just never have players i like. Patterson is about it. Lofton, but he's 45 years old.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, 1 game back in a weak ass division. I know that the NL Central is usually referred to as "Comedy Central," but the AL Central takes top honors for being the worst in baseball. If the ChiSox don't overtake KC, that will be incredibly pathetic. Underachievers? They were for the first three months of the season.

The South Siders have a nice core in their starting rotation (Colon, Loaiza and Buehrle), but their bullpen could use some help. Marte and Flash Gordon is all they've got. Koch has sucked BIG TIME this year. At least the Sox came away with minor league pitcher Neal Cotts in that deal. Otherwise, it would have been a total disaster.

If the White Sox get into the playoffs, they will crap out in the first round. Bank on it. Then Colon, Loaiza, Alomar, and Everett will ALL leave via free agency. It's win it all or bust.

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited Chi159 ]