Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM
MST Manager

$130 Registration fee to participate in an open tryout for the Los Angeles Galaxy, which is holding auditions on Feb. 10.

75 Times that Jay Stewart, president of the Nebraska Veterinary Medical Association, allegedly calmed jittery racehorses by injecting them with vodka; his trial for race tampering begins this week.

3 Times Devils winger Brian Gionta has tied a game with a goal in the final minute of regulation this season, tying an NHL record held by four other players.

155 Career postseason points for Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri, who broke Gary Anderson's NFL record on Sunday.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
MST Manager

20 Percent decrease in the number of penalties in NFL games in 2006 from the previous season, the first decline since 2001.

28 Margin by which No. 4 North Carolina beat No. 17 Arizona last Saturday (92-64), the worst home loss for Lute Olsen in his 24 years coaching the Wildcats.

11 Consecutive seasons in which Devils goalie Martin Brodeur has won at least 30 games, an NHL record.

$592 million Value, according to Forbes, of the Knicks, the NBA's most valuable franchise for the second year in a row.

$40 million Amount the Knicks lost last year.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
MST Manager

.762 Field goal percentage (32 for 42) of Vanderbilt in a 91-51 win over Alabama on Sunday, an NCAA women's record.

8-2 The Cavaliers' record in games LeBron James has missed in the past four years.

736 Number of households-out of nearly 7.4 million-in the metropolitan New York City area that tuned in to the Jan. 27 NHL game between the Devils and the Panthers.

0 Points for Alex Ovechkin in the Capitals' two weekend games (a 2-1 win over the Islanders on Sunday and a 2-0 loss to Pittsburgh), the first time this season that he has been held without a point in consecutive games.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:12 PM
MST Manager

100 Seconds it took Hurricanes winger Ray Whitney to score a hat trick in the second period of a 5-2 win over the Bruins.

70 degrees, 5-% Temperature and humidity at which major league teams must store game balls this season, according to a new directive from the commissioner.

100% Albert Pujos's score on the U.S. citizenship test; the Cardinals first baseman and Dominican Republic native was sworn in as a citizen on Feb. 7.

41 Points by which Gilbert Arenas fell short of his pregame scoring prediction in a loss to the Trail Blazers on Sunday; the Wizards guard said he would score 50 but was held to nine points.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 PM
MST Manager

1,284 NBA games Phil Jackson has coached in his 16-year career.

3 Times Jackson's teams have lost five straight games, including the Lakers' current five-game drought.

2030 Year in which injury-prine outfielder J.D. Drew will receive the final payment from his five-year, $70 million contract with the Red Sox if he misses too many games by 2010.

$25,000 Amount Vanderbilt was fined by the Southeastern Conference after fans rushed the floor at Memorial Gymnasium following the Commodores' 83-70 win over then No. 1 Florida last Saturday.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:54 AM
MST Manager

5 Overtimes layed by Drexel and Northeastern in the Dragons' 98-90 win last Thursday, an NCAA women's record.

2 Times 911 was called due to medical emergencies in the crowd at the Drexel-Northeastern game.

161 Consecutive weeks Roger Federer has been ranked No. 1 in the world, which breaks the record Jimmy Connors set from 1974 through '77.

3 Double-digit winning streaks by the Mavericks this year; Dallas previously won 12 and 12 in a row and is currently riding an 11-game streak.

4 Other NBA teams that have had three winning streaks of at least 10 games in a seaon: the 1970-71 Bucks, '71-72 Lakes, '80-81 76ers and 1999-2000 Lakers.

9 Triple doubles this year by New Jersey guard Jason Kidd, tying his career high.

84 Career triple doubles for Kidd; only Oscar Robertson (181) and Magic Johnson (138) have had more.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 AM
MST Manager

19, 207 Age, in years and days, of the Penguins' Sidney Crosby, who became the youngest NHL player to reach 200 points last Friday.

140 Days by which Crosby beat Wayne Gretzy, who had been the youngest to 200.

40, 251 Age of the Rockets' Dikembe Mutombo, who had 22 rebounds against Denver last Friday; he's the NBA's first 4-year-old with 20 boards.

4 Triple doubles by Massachusetts forward Stephane Lasme, tying the NCAA season record held by Cal's Jason Kidd (1994) and Drexel's Michael Anderson ('86).

51 Points scored by Arkansas RimRockers guard Clay Tucker last Saturday, an NBA D-League record.

152 Career wins by Tennessee lefthander Monica Abbottt, a new NCAA softball record.

20,180 Crowd at the Inside Lacrosse Face-Off in Baltimore, an NCAA regular-season laxrecord.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
MST Manager

350 million The number of China's 1.3 billion residents who smoke; nonetheless, the Beijing Organizing Committee is considering making the 2008 Olympics smoke-free.

36 Margin of victory for Dallas in Sunday's 108-72 win at Los Angeles, the worst home loss for the Lakers since they moved from Minneapolis in 1960.

59 Points scored by Guilford's Ben Strong in a 129-128 win over Lincoln (Pa.), an NCAA Division III playoff record.

18 Consecutive games in which Paul Stastny of the Avalanche has scored a point, an NHL rookie record.

104 Basketball teams with at least 20 wins this season, an NCAA Division I record.

2:31 Ice time, in minutes and seconds, for David Koci of the Blackhawks in his NHL debut last Saturday against the Coyotes.

42 Penalty minutes amassed by Koci, who received three fighting majors and two game misconducts.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:09 AM
MST Manager

72 Goals scored by Oshawa Generals center John Tavares this season, breaking the Ontario Hockey League record for 16-year-olds set by Wayne Gretzky in 1978.

503 Career goals scored by Stars center Mike Modano, who against the Predators last Saturday set a record for the most by a U.S.-born NHL player.

17 Years since the Celtics had won in San Antonio-a span of 15 games-before they beat the Spurs 91-85 last Saturday.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 AM
MST Manager

1 Rank among NBA players of Kobe Bryant's jersey sales in China; native son Yao Ming's is the sixth-best seller.

16 Consecutive playoff appearances for the Red Wings, the longest active streak in any pro sport.

750 NHL games coached by the Avalanche's Joel Quenneville, the fifth person in league history to play and coach that many.

29 NCAA Division 1 baseball coaches who have won 1,000 games; Clemson's Jack Leggett joined the club when the Tigers beat Maryland on Sunday.

12 Georgetown's margin of victory over North Carolina in the East Regional final, tied for the largest in an NCAA tournament overtime game since N.C. State's 80-66 win over Arkansas-Little Rock in 1986.

22,199,712 The NFL's paid attendance last season; it's the fifth straight year the league has set an attendance record and the first time it has topped 22 million.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:14 PM
MST Manager

93 Consecutive wins for the softball team at Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, PA., one game longer than the North Carolina women's soccer team's streak and one of the longest in any sport at any college level.

9 U.S. men's skiing titles won by Bode Miller, tying him with Dick Durrance and Tiger Shaw for the most ever; Miller's latest was the Super G at the U.S. championships last Saturday.

73 Games it took the Grizzlies, who beat the Lakers and the Trail Blazers last week, to have back-to-back wins this season, the longest drought in the NBA.

219 Career points for the Penguins' Sidney Crosby, the fifth-highest total in NHL history for a player's first two seasons in the league.

2 Games played on Sunday by Lakers guard Jordan Farmar, who also suited up for the NBA Development League's Los Angeles D-Fenders and is the first to play in the NBA and the D-League on the same day.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
MST Manager

3 Walk-off grand slams the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez has hit in his career, tying Cy Williams (who played from 1912 to '30) and Vern Stephens (1941-55) for the most in major league history.

50 Goals by Senators winger Dany Heatley, the first NHL player with consecutive 50-goal seasons since Pavel Bure in 2000 and '01.

18 Years since the last time NBA teammates (Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen of the Bulls) had triple doubles in the same game before the Nets' Vince Carter and Jason Kidd did it in a win over the Wizards last Saturday.

1 Players in NBA history who have been older than 44-year-old center Kevin Willis, who signed with the Mavericks last week; Nat Hickey played for the Providence Steamrollers at age 45 in 1948.

19 Consecutive losses in San Antonio by the Warriors, tying the Bucks' 0-19 streak in Phoenix for the longest current winless run against a team on the road in the NBA.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:57 AM
MST Manager

8 Men who have won the Boston Marathon at least three times, after Robert Cheruiyot of Kenya was victorious on Monday. (Lidiya Grigoryeva of Russia won the women's race.)

10 Fifty-point games by Kobe Bryant of the Lakers this season, the most by an NBA player since Wilt Chamberlain's 30 in 1962-63.

34 Major league games this season for which the game-time temperature has been below 45 degrees.

10 Sub-45 degree games during the entire 2006 regular season.

43 Plate appearances the Cubs' Alfonso Soriano, who signed a $136 million free agent contract last winter, needed to drive in his first run of the season.

72 Saves made by Vancouver's Roberto Luongo in a 5-4 quadruple-overtime win over Dallas on April 11, an NHL record for a goalie in his first playoff start.

138:06 Length of the Canucks' victory, the sixth-longest playoff game in NHL history.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
MST Manager

18 Seconds that Flames goalie Jamie McLennan played in Game 5 of Calgary's first-round series against Detroit.

22 Penalty minutes assessed to McLennan in Game 5 for slashing Detroit's Johan Franzen. The next day McLennan was suspended for five games by the NHL.

100 Career home runs by the Pirates' Jason Bay, the sixth Canadian-born player to hit that many in the majors.

127 Career ejections for Braves manager Bobby Cox after being tossed twice last week.

131 Career ejections for Hall of Fame manager John McGraw, the major league record.

5 Consecutive times that Rafael Nadal has beaten the world's No.1 player, Roger Federer, on clay following his victory in Monte Carlo on Sunday.

0 Goals conceded in their first three games by the New York Red Bulls, the second team in MLS history to open the season with three shutouts.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM
MST Manager

13 Unassisted triple plays in major league history; Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitski turned one in the seventh inning of Sunday's game against the Braves.

78 Plate appearances this season by the Mariners' Richie Sexson before he hit a single; his first nine hits were doubles (six) and home runs (three).

10 Career playoff triple doubles by Jason Kidd, tying him with Larry Bird for second alltime; Magic Johnson leads with 30.

197:51 Total time, in minutes and seconds, that Ducks goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere played before allowing a postseason overtime goal, an NHL record; Giguere lost 2-1 to the Canucks in double OT last Friday.

44 Major league parks in which Sammy Sosa has homered, a record; Sosa went deep twice at Jacobs Field last Thursday to move ahead of Ken Griffey Jr. and Fred McGriff.

803 Career appearances for the Padres by closer Trevor Hoffman, a major league record for a pitcher with one team.

Last edited by NikNak; 05-04-2007 at 12:26 PM
NikNak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread