Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
MST Manager

$111,000 Annual cost to the All England Club for towels stolen during Wimbledon; towels are supposed to be left on the court by players after matches, but 2,5000 of them disappear each year.

(Don't players usually walk off the court WITH them? )

56.9 Seconds it took Estonia's Margo Uusorg, with his wife, Sandra Kullas, aboard, to cover a 250-meter course at the World Wife-Carrying Championships in Sonkajarvi, Finland, an event record.

1 Players who have hit five grand slams before the All-Star break: Cleveland's Travis Hafner, one of four players to hit that many in a full season.

63 Consecutive games in which the Angels' Orlando Cabrera reached base before he went 0 for 4 against the A's last Friday, the majors' longest streak since 1960.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

All of them do, practically. Or they're clearly shown shoving them into their bags before they go.

Travis Hafner's going to catch Mattingly's record for GS in a season. ::sighs::
-Bianca- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 PM
MST Manager

0 Saves recorded in the 15 major league games last Saturday, the frist time that baseball has had a saveless full slate of games since Sept. 15, 1978.

6 Blown saves last Saturday - one each by the Blue Jays, Mets, Nationals, Pirates, Reds and Rockies.

122 Combined age of the Giants' Barry Bonds (41), Steve Finley (41) and Moises Alou (40), who made up the majors' first all-40-year-old outfield last Friday.

600 Consecutive Nextel Cup starts by mark Martin, the fifth longest streat in NASCAR history.

14 Consecutive games with an extra-base hit for the Braves' Chipper Jones, tying a major league record set by Paul Waner in 1927.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 PM
MST Manager

24 Years to the day after former Padre Tony Gwynn got his first major league hit that his son, Brewers rookie Tony Jr., got his against the Giants, on July 19.

2 Consecutive 1-0 home wins by the Red Sox against the Royals last week, the first time Boston has had two straight 1-0 victories at Fenway Park since 1916.

5 Number of cities in which the Tigers have stayed at a Marriott this year; Detroit, which is managed by chain-smoking Jim Leyland, may have to find new digs now that the hotel chain has announced that it will go smokeless in September.

$240,000 Price that a 1935 National Chicle Bronko Nagurski card sold for in a private transaction last week, making it the most valuable football card ever.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 PM
MST Manager

3 Grand slams by the Mets' Carlos Beltran in July, tying a major league record for slams in a month held by eight other players.

4 Times in his career that the Cardinals' Albert Pujols has swung at and missed three pitches in the same at bat, according to STATS Inc.; Pujols did it for the first time this season against the Cubs last Friday.

0 NFL tight ends who make more than 49ers rookie Vernon Davis, who became the highest paid before playing a down when he signed for five years and $23 million last week.

8 Birdies by Corey Pavin the first nine holes of the first round of the U.S. Bank Championship; Pavin set a PGA nine-hole record by shooting a 26 on the front nine last Thursday.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:40 PM
MST Manager

1 Native Indonesians who have played in the majors- Indians reliever Tom Mastny, who was born in Borneo and made his big league debut on July 30.

7 Game-ending home runs by the Red Sox' David Ortiz since the beginning of the 2004 postseason; he has reached base 16 times in 19 plate appearances in walk-off situations in that time.

12 Jersey number of former 49ers quarterback John Brodie, which was unretired so Brodie's friend Trent Dilfer can wear it this season.

200 Miles swum from Gloucestershire, England, to the North Sea by British environmentalist Lewis Pugh, 36, who, to raise awareness about global warming, became the first person to swim the length of the River Thames.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:19 AM
MST Manager

6 Grand slams hit this season by Cleveland's Travis Hafner, who tied Don Mattingly's single-season record on Sunday.

100 Length in hours of a soccer game- believed to be the longest ever in the U.S.- played in Bell Gardens, Calif., to celebrate the centennial of Mexican team Chivas; more than 2,000 players participated in the game.

3.8 Average number of hours per week that fantasy sports players spend managing their teams, according to a University of Mississippi study.

2 NFL owners who have teams in the English Premier League: Malcolm Glazer owns the Buccaneers and Manchester United, and Browns owner Randy Lerner agreed to buy Aston Villa for $118.8 million on Monday.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Good figures NikNak!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:48 PM
MST Manager

4 Leadoff home runs in the first two innings of last Thurday's Royals-White Sox game.

9 Consecutive races in which King Palm, a 5-year-old colt owned by the Maloof bothers (who also own the Sacramento Kings), has finished second.

51 Marathons run in 50 days- one in each state, plus the District of Columbia- by Sam Thompson, 25, of Vicksburg, Miss., who was running to rase awareness for Hurrican Katrina victims.

19 Shoe size of 13-year-old Aaron Durley of the Saudi Arabia team in the Little League World Series; the first baseman is 6' 8" and 256 pounds. (Are they serious? OMG! )
Old 09-04-2006, 04:41 PM
MST Manager

144.85 Diagonal length, in feet, of the new scoreboard at Texas's Royal-Memorial Stadium; nicknamed Godzillatron, it's the world's largest high-definition video display.

$8.2 million Merchandising royalties generated by Longhorns teams last academic year, an NCAA record and $2 million more than the previous mark, set by Michigan in 1993-94.

13' 2 3/4" Combined height of American University freshman volleyball players Ann (6' 7 1/2") and Claire (6' 7 1/4") Recht, the world's tallest female twins.

$21,604,272 Career prize money won by Lindsay Davenport, who could pass Steffi Graf ($21,946,277[/b] during the U.S. Open for the most ever on the WTA tour.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:15 PM
MST Manager

2 Overall No. 1 draft picks who have homered in their first big-league game: the Braves' Bob Horner in 1978 and the Devil Rays' Delmon Young, who went deep in his debut in Aug. 29.

1 Major league teams that have made it back to .500 after falling 20 games below it in a season: this year's Marlins, who started 11-31 but were 68-68 on Sunday.

1 Scoring plays of more than 40 yards by Tennessee last year.

4 Scoring plays of more than 40 yards by Tennessee in last Saturday's 35-18 win over then No. 9 Cal.

2 Players in the Red Sox' lineup on Aug. 28 who were on the team's postseason roster last year: first baseman Kevin Youkilis and shortstop Alex Cora.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 PM
MST Manager

2 Number of starting quarterbacks in last Saturday's Fort Lewis-Idaho State game named Matt Gutierrez; Idaho State's Gutierrez outdueled Fort Lewis's in a 48-12 win.

$62.38 Average price of an NFL ticket this season, a 5.6% increase over last year.

$90.89 Average price of a Patriots home ticket, the most expensive in the league and $48.71 more than the cheapest, the Bills.

70.797 Career passing yards by Toronto Argonauts quarterback Damon Allen, 43, breaking Warren Moon's record for yardage by a pro passer.

7 Shutouts in the major leagues on Sept. 5, the most in one day since a record eight were tossed on June 4, 1972.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 PM
MST Manager

33 Consecutive successful stolen base attempts by Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki, who broke Willie Wilson's single-season AL record; the major league record is held by Vince Coleman, who stole 44 straight in 1989.

15 Players who have hit for the cycle in order -- single, double triple, homer -- after Gary Matthews Jr. of the Rangers and Chone Figgins of the Angels did it last week.

107 Weeks since Miami was unranked in the AP football Top 25; the Hurricanes fell out last week for the first time since 1999, ending the nation's longest streak of poll appearances.

1,179 ATP rank of Italian player Andrea Agazzi, who entered the rankings the same week Andre Agassi retired.

(That's just ironically funny! )
Old 09-28-2006, 05:56 AM
MST Manager

22 Consecutive completions by Redskins QB Mark Brunell against the Texans on Sunday, an NFL single-game record.

50 Career TD catches by New Hampshire senior David Ball, tying the Division I-AA record set by Jerry Rice at Mississippi Valley State.

19 Score by Mitsuhiro Tateyama on the par-3 8th hole at the Acom International last Thursday, the worst single hole by a Japan Tour pro since 1987.

41 Doubles by the Nationals' Alfonso Soriano, the first player ever with 40 home runs, steals and doubles in a season.

734 Home runs by Barry Bonds, who broke Hank Aaron's career NL record with a homer against the Brewers last Saturday.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
2 Number of starting quarterbacks in last Saturday's Fort Lewis-Idaho State game named Matt Gutierrez; Idaho State's Gutierrez outdueled Fort Lewis's in a 48-12 win.
That's funny because the Matt Gutierrez that is the QB for Fort Lewis College I coached in pee-wee football here in Colorado.

Fort Lewis College is in Durango, Colorado which is in the southwest corner of the state by the 4 corners.