Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
MST Manager

6 Victories Bernard Lagat, who won the Wanamaker Mile at the Millrose Games last Friday, has in the event, one short of the record set by Ireland's Eamonn Coghlan from 1977 to '87.

53 Points scored by the Utah Flash's Morris Almond against Bakersfield on Jan. 30, an NBA Development League record.

13 Home runs shortstop Miguel Tejada has hit in the Caribbean Series in his career, a record.

$60 Price of all-you-can-eat tickets being offered by Darlington Raceway for the Dodge Challenger 500 on May 10; those holding the tickets will be entitled to unlimited food and drink.

14 Consecutive All-Star selections by Shaquille O'Neal before he was left off the team this year, tying the NBA record shared by Jerry West and Karl Malone.

$3.75 million Amount of the $20 million in bonuses he earned from 2004 to '07 that Michael Vick must repay the Falcons, according to a judge's ruling on Monday.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:15 PM
MST Manager

41 Points by which Kentucky lost to Vanderbilt last week, the Wildcats' worst loss ever in the SEC.

10 Consecutive intercollegiate men's squash championships won by Trinity College in Hartford (SI, Feb. 11), which finished its 10th straight undefeated season on Sunday.

17 Age of Rachel Flanders, of Bolton, England, who last week became the youngest person to row across the Atlantic Ocean.

195 Days it took Scottish cyclist Mark Beaumont, 25, to bike the world; the feat is awaiting certification by Guinness World Records.

17 Months Annika Sorenstam went without a victory before winning the SBS Open, her 70th LPGA title, on Sunday.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 PM
MST Manager

12 Consecutive years that teams have had a winning record against players in baseball arbitration; the owners won six of eight cases that went to hearings this year.

120% Average salary increase for the 110 players who filed for arbitration this off-season.

$1.97 million Amount won by a bettor in Thirsk, England, last Friday on a $1 wager that correctly predicted the winners of eight thoroughbred races.

12 Years since a U.S. woman had won the World Cup downhill title before Lindsey Vonn clinched the 2008 championship.

0-29 Final record of the New Jersey Institute of Technology basketball team, which set an NCAA record for losses in a winless season.

577 Turnovers committed this season by NJIT, the only NCAA team with more turnovers than field goals (550).

21 Hours it took to finish the Auto Club 500; the rain-interrupted race was stopped after 87 laps on Sunday and was won by Carl Edwards on Monday.

947 Capacity of Campbell's Carter Gym, the second-smallest Division 1 hoops facility; Campbell played its final game there on Monday.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
MST Manager

12 Finishing position of Oriol Servia in the season-opening, 25-car IRL Gainsco Indy 300 in Miami; Servia was the highest finisher of the three Champ Car drivers who merged into IRL a month ago.

7 3/4 Margin of victory,m in lengths, by 2007 Horse of the Year Curlin in the $6 million Dubai World Cup last Saturday, the biggest margin of victory in the race's 13-year history.

7 Goalies the Los Angeles Kings have used this year, which ties an NHL record.

3 Consecutive seasons in which the Maple Leafs, who were eliminated from postseason contention last Thursday, have missed the playoffs.

80 Years since Toronto's last three-year playoff drought.

17 Field goals by the Heat in Sunday's 88-62 loss to the Celtics, the smallest single-game total since the NBA introduced the shot clock in 1954.

6 Game-winning goals in March for Johan Franzen of the Red Wings, which ties an NHL record for one month.

$11.9 million Amount the Orioles owe Jay Gibbons after releasing the oft-injured outfielder on Sunday.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:20 PM
MST Manager

2 Returning scholarship players the Indiana basketball team will have next season; four players have been cut since the end of last season.

5 Complete games by Blue Jays righthander Roy Halladay through Sunday, putting him on pace for a total of 16 this season.

21 Years since a pitcher had more than 15 complete games in a season; Roger Clemens had 18 in 1987.

2,584 Games played at shortstop by the Giants' Omar Vizquel through Sunday; he passed Luis Aparicio for the most at the position.

95 mph Robbie Knievel's speed when he jumped 24 delivery trucks on his motocycle in Mason, Ohio, last Saturday, a stunt dedicated to his late father, Evel.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 PM
MST Manager

34-35 The Mets' record on June 17, when manager Willie Randolph was fired with the team 6 1/2 games out of first place in the NL East.

19-11 The Mets' record since June 17 under new manager Jerry Manuel; the team was tied for first place in the NL East on Sunday.

9.8 Tony Clark's career at bats per home run ratio at Arizona's Chase Field; the 36-year-old first baseman, who has 38 homers in 371 at bats there, was traded from the Padres to the Diamondbacks last week.

19.48 Clark's career at bats per home run ratio everywhere else; Clark, who played for Arizona from 2005 through '07, has 207 homers in 4,033 at bats away from Chase.

9.3 Neilsen rating for Fox's broadcast of baseball's All-Star Game, the highest since 2002.

6.4 Neilsen rating for ESPN's broadcast of the Home Run Derby, the highest for any cable show this year.

15 Consecutive losses by the Orioles on Sundays, the longest losing streak on a given day since the Diamonbacks lost on 15 straight Saturdays in 2004.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
MST Manager

50 Age of Nancy Lieberman, who had no points and two assists in nine minutes for the Detroit Shock in a loss to the Houston Comets last Thursday after signing a seven-day contract.

15 Wins this year for Kyle Busch in the Sprint Cup (7), Nationwide (6) and Craftsman Truck (2) series, a NASCAR record for one season.

6 Hits, in seven at bats, for outfielder Skip Schumaker last Saturday against the Mets, making him the first Cardinal in 73 years to have six hits in a game.

3 Times this season the Tigers have scored at least 19 runs, the most since the Red Sox did it four times in 1950.

27 Consecutive scoreless innings by Oakland rookie reliever Brad Ziegler, a major league record for the longest streak at the start of a career.

5,000 Career wins for Kent Desormeaux after he won the seventh race at Saratoga on Sunday to become the 23rd North American jockey to reach the milestone.

3 Complete games by C.C. Sabathia in his four starts since joining Milwaukee.

3 Complete games for the rest of the Brewers in their other 101 games.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
50 Age of Nancy Lieberman, who had no points and two assists in nine minutes for the Detroit Shock in a loss to the Houston Comets last Thursday after signing a seven-day contract.
*Shakes head*

The WNBA gets no respect as it is. This was such a bad publicity stunt. Bringing back a 50-year-old legend on a seven day contract? Really?!!! How are people supposed to take this league seriously?

Sad.

And I WANT the WNBA to succeed!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:12 PM
MST Manager

I don't. So I loved this.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
MST Manager

20 Age of Ji-Yai Shin of South Korea, who on Sunday became the youngest winner of the Women's British Open.

5 Players from Asian countries who finished in the top five at Sunningdale: Shin, Yani Tseng of Taiwan, Eun-Hee Ji of South Korea, and Yuri Fudoh and Ai Miyazato of Japan.

80 Second-round score of Michelle Wie at the Legends Reno-Tahoe Open; Wie missed the cut for the eighth time in as many PGA Tour events.

121 Consecutive appearances without a decision for the Rays' Trever Miller, a big league record streak that was snapped on Sunday when he was the winning pitcher against Detroit.

15 Innings Ken Griffey Jr. lasted with the White Sox before his first physical problem; he left his second game with Chicago last Saturday due to a leg cramp.

9 Road winning streak for the Brewers before Sunday's loss at Atlanta; the streak tied a club record set in 1973.

1 Races in NASCAR history that have been run on tires with grooves: last Saturday's Nationwide Series race in Montreal, which was run on rain tires and won by Ron Fellows in a downpour.

Last edited by NikNak; 08-06-2008 at 04:35 PM
NikNak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM
MST Manager

I am going to revive this thread. I think they still have this information each week in Sports Illustrated.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
MST Manager

3 Consecutive seasons in which the NHL's No. 1 overall draft pick has been held by the Oilers, who won the April 10 lottery. In the big four North American sports leagues, only the Nordiques (1989-91) have matched that.

10 Serie A games postponed in honor of the passing, last Saturday, of Livorno's Piermario Morosini, a 25-year-old midfielder in the Italian soccer league's second division, who died on the pitch of a heart attack.

9 Consecutive batters struck out by the Dodgers' Aaron Harang against the Padres last Friday, one shy of Tom Seaver's 42-year-old MLB record. Only Mickey Welch (1884), Jake Peavy (2007) and Ricky Nolasco ('09) have come as close.

20% Discount on food and beverages that will be given next season to Pistons who swipe a microchip contained in the sleeve of a team jacket that will be issued only to season-ticket holders.

14, 363 Years and days since the Panthers last won an NHL playoff game before they broke that record stretch on Sunday with a victory over the Devils in Game 2 of their series.