Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Moderator Manager

i am so ready! they'll be arriving in Melbourne this week, maybe around thursday for practice. it airs here a bit early since Australia is 3 hours ahead of us.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

yay me too! i really missed fomula 1
Old 03-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Moderator Manager

and i'm so glad its back! Melbourne is always an exciting race because its the start of everything! and then Alonso back in Renaulta, Lewis in Mclaren & Kimi in Ferrari. its gonna be a great battle of the constructors! and let's not forget BMW!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

I love the atmosphere of watching Melbourne - I used to get at 4.00 am (now it's 5:30 am) - middle of the night, everyone was sleeping except me and watching them race for the first time since October is always an amazing thing.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Melbourne is always the most exciting race of the season for me. All winter we've talked about it, speculated on the frontrunners, checked out the new liveries, read about winter testing, and anticipated this moment, and then it's finally showtime.
It's a bit like the night before Christmas, except without all the colored paper.

-S
Old 03-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Last minute pre-season predictions?

I'll go out on a limb and say Felipe Massa is going to be the one hoisting the trophy at the end of the year.

-S
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & S Harrington (View Post)
Melbourne is always the most exciting race of the season for me. All winter we've talked about it, speculated on the frontrunners, checked out the new liveries, read about winter testing, and anticipated this moment, and then it's finally showtime.
It's a bit like the night before Christmas, except without all the colored paper.

-S
I couldn't agree more.

Predictions? Ferrari will win constructors trophy surely and the drivers one too, but I think it's too close to call whether it'll be Kimi or Felipe. Renault will suck at the beginning of the season, later they'll find their form and Fernando can win a race maybe two, but I think he's out of the title race this year.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Predictions? Ferrari and Felipe will get the trophy. Hopefully this year we'll see a Brazilian guy winning the championship again.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Moderator Manager

i can't wait for this Sunday's race!!! we get it 3 hours behind so its all good.

predictions? Ferrari and Kimi for the win.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

I almost can't believe it already has begun! I mean, the time is running so fast. I can't wait to see them in action again for the first time in almost 6 months - I couldn't watch the practice sessions, but I heard there was a lot of action and spins.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Sorry, for double post, but - how amazing was that?! TC ban was really a great idea!

Any predictions for tomorrow?
Old 03-16-2008, 03:55 AM
Moderator Manager

OMG, what a race!!!! so action-packed! without the traction control, it got a bit better huh? only 9 cars survived!

Timo Glock's crash was scary! and then there was Ruben's pit crew mishap! of course being a huge Kimi fan, i was sad he wasn't in the points but at least he was classified. i'm sort of happy Lewis won...but very thrilled to see Nick on the podim at 2nd place. i'm really rooting for BMW this year! and how nice was it seeing Lewis & Nico on the podium those two are good friends so i'm happy to see them on the podium. i already can't wait for Malaysia!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Addicted Fan

What. A. Race! I'm sad that Felipe keeps having bad luck in Australia, but the race was amazing! No TC is awesome! Can't wait for Malaysia either.
Oh, Lindsay, only 6 cars finished the race, not 9
The ones who scored points are:
01 Lewis Hamilton 10
02 Nick Heidfeld 8
03 Nico Rosberg 6
04 Fernando Alonso 5
05 Heikki Kovalainen 4
06 Kazuki Nakajima 3
07 Sebastien Bourdais 2
08 Kimi Räikkönen 1

But only the top 6 actually finished the race.

I can't remember a race in the dry that only 6 cars finished!
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 03-16-2008, 05:50 AM
Moderator Manager

oh yeah, sorry. our cable reported the wrong result...they said Kimi finished 9th with zero points.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 03-16-2008 at 06:07 AM
Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
oh yeah, sorry. our cable reported the wrong result...they said Kimi finished 9th with zero points.
He was classified as 9th, but Rubens was disqualified and Kimi got the point.

The race was just perfect. Action packed, lots of overtaking, mistakes made even by the best drivers, just wow! I hope that every race is going to look like that.

I'm actually kind of disappointed with the race result - I mean, after the start I was keeping my fingers crossed for Robert Kubica to get a podium, unfortunately he was really unlucky. I'm not Lewis fan, but I have to admit he was brilliant today. No mistakes, smooth driving.

By the way I haven't seen Ron Dennis so cheerful in a long time.