Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33 (View Post)
Anybody already excited about the race? Any predictions?
i am! i mean, if schumi wins and alonso for some reason doesn't finish, its a tie! so most wins for the season wins the championship! so i guess its still anybody's ballgame. but i'm pretty sure alonso will do good during the race.

ack, i have to buy ferrari stuff now that kimi's on the team. i'm not really a ferrari fan but i guess i have to be now.

looking forward to quali & race. race day airs here like 1am monday morning but i'm watching it because its the last race of the season, schumi's last race - which will be emotional for him, i guess and last race to see kimi in a mclaren race overall.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Master Fan

Here it's 7 pm sunday, so it's okay. This race is quite special, isn't it? So much is going to change after the race. Schumi is gone, Kimi and Fernando change their teams, Michelin is gone, engines are frozen.

I defnietyl want Renault to win both titles!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

For me it's on Monday! And I have to be in school during the race - the worst part is that I'm free, it's a break in between lessons. I'm hoping that I've read it wrongly and that it's today, not tomorrow - I really hope so. I don't want to miss this last race!
Old 10-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, since I live in Brazil too, it's gonna be at 2pm here

Massa got the pole! Awesome!
I just heard that after de Qualifying, Michael said to Felipe something like "Go out there and win." I ****ing wanted Ferrari won the WCC
And OMG, is Felipe going to win this GP?! Okay, I'm REALLY excited about the race! I mean, the last brazilian driver that won the Brazilian GP was Senna in 93! It'd be PERFECT if Massa won it And I really think he'll win it
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 10-22-2006, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

Massa has a great chance of winning this race, and he kind of deserves it?

I was stunned when I saw Schumi's car wasn't okay once again!

Trulli 3rd that's the biggest surprise for me except Schumi's car's failure. I hoped Fisico would qualify higher, he has the E spec engine... It's not going to be good for Renault if their 2007 nr 1 driver can qualify only 6th.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Here in Brazil there's a sport tv show that lasts all morning, it starts at 9 and finishes at 12:30. And today it's special, they're broadcasting it live from Interlagos with all the latest news and info from the paddock. And it's awesome!
I just heard that Felipe, Alonso and Michael are already in Interlagos, Michael just arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33
Massa has a great chance of winning this race, and he kind of deserves it?
Yeh, he does! He's a pretty good driver!
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 10-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

20 minutes! I can't wait!

...and after the race 5 months without this adrenaline.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Okay, one thing: best Grand Prix ever! XD~
Aweomse! There was no way it could be better!
After 13 years, a brazilian driver won the Brazilian GP again!
Dude, Felipe is an awesome driver! He's been in the lead all the time!

And congratulations to Alonso and Renault! They deserved it.

Okay, an era(Shumacher) has just ended. A new one is about to begin! And it's gonna be awesome!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Massa was really brilliant, no one could match his pace.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

I didn't watch it! I had school! and I couldn't catch the repeat either!!!

But from what I've read it seems like a great race - Massa was fantastic, yes? Alonso won the Championship, and Schumi retired with grace. Nicely done
Old 10-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Moderator Manager

i watched it. even if it aired like 1am here. massa was okay...he was leading so it was quite difficult to catch up with him. though it was sweet because he won in brazil. at the same time, alonso was also celebrating since he was assured of the championship for both the driver & constructor. though schumi finished at 4th, it was also bitter sweet because that's his last race. its gonna be weird next year to see alonso with mclaren and kimi with ferrari.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
though schumi finished at 4th, it was also bitter sweet because that's his last race. its gonna be weird next year to see alonso with mclaren and kimi with ferrari.
Tell me about it: while I wasn't his greatest fan, he definitely was one of the most skilled drivers F1 has ever seen and his retirement will be a loss for the racing community. Alonso at McLaren and Kimi at Ferrari will be strange, you're right. But I suppose things like these do happen. So we'll just have to get used to it!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ferrari: "Super assistant" role for Schu

Ferrari plans to give retired Formula 1 superstar Michael Schumacher a "super-assistant" role to support its newly-promoted CEO Jean Todt.

According to the Frenchman, who will continue to attend races "for the time being", the seven-time world champion's unique understanding of racing makes Schumacher the perfect muse in matters of driver selection, sporting decisions and even the direction of the firm's road car plans.

"Michael has always been interested in following young drivers," said Todt at Ferrari's end-of-season celebrations at Monza.

"I remember Michael talking to me about Felipe [Massa] when he still was in lesser series.

"He also talked to me about Kimi [Raikkonen] before he entered F1 so he has a unique eye, and it will be important to allow us to make choices on the drivers of the future and also to follow the current drivers."

Todt added that Ferrari wanted to take advantage of the wisdom and experience gleaned over 11 years of competition together at the highest level, in which Schumacher and the team amassed 11 drivers' and constructors' titles.

"Michael is one of the greatest drivers in the history of motor racing," he said.

"He has a unique knowledge of racing, so we'll try to take advantage of his knowledge in the best way to take choices for the team at a sporting and technical level.

"He won't have any particular obligation to be present neither in the factory nor at the races nor at private tests."

But Schumacher said that while he was happy to work with Ferrari in the future, right now all he wanted was a break before deciding on his next career step.

"I don't think now there is any need to specify in concrete terms exactly how and what [I will do]," he said.

"I am very happy to be involved in these ways [described by Todt], but I look forward first of all to get this reset I was talking about since announcing my retirement.

"I wanted to get some distance from everything in a way and this distance I will take through the next months and then I will have a much more clear point of view on exactly what I would like to have.

"I just want to first of all experience a different kind of life and then I want to understand what exacty is what I want."

Ferrari's president Luca Montezemolo said at the press conference that "Michael will be a super assistant to Jean Todt."

"I'm very happy that Michael will continue to work with us and to share our choices and contributing to them and this is important," he added.

"Even if he won't be inside the cockpit, his experience and his professionalism will be very useful for the future of Ferrari."
Well, I think we all expected this.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33 (View Post)
Well, I think we all expected this.
Yeh, we did.
But it's good to have the oficial announcement

And thanks for bringing this article over, parasite33.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

I'm not surprised myself! Still, I think it's apt. Thanks for bringing it over