Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

bel: thanks for starting the thread! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i like the title too! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] and i agree with you about the ralf/cora thing, that's just really low!

linds: is that kimi inn those pics? he looks so [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] riding that! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

jens: [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

marie: thanks for those bits of news! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] you're gonna make a new banner? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] can't wait to see it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

av
Old 02-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Mei Zhuo:
<STRONG>linds: is that kimi inn those pics? he looks so [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] riding that! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] </STRONG>
well, you know my bf. he's always doing those extreme sports! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] but he knows golf and bowling and ice hockey... motor racing, biking and sledding are his "other" extreme sports. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 02-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Addicted Fan

I was like OMG, Marie is so not liking what Mika is saying here! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Talking about the F1 raching story. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And I also had some other stuff whihc I forgot. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

hitzi: [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] long time no 'see' [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

linds: wow, that many sports? kimi is so athletic! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

av
Old 02-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

No worries everyone.

Linds - do you and your bf go out extreme sporting all the time [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Went to the cricket yesterday and had Australia written down my arm in face paint. Forgot to put sunscreen on so you can all guess what happened. Australia has now been burnt onto both of my arms and it is going to take a little while for it to fade. I don't want to go out anywhere in public since I know that people are going to be commenting [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Looking forward to seeing the new banner that you come up with Marie. Sure that it is going to be great as usual.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 02-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Supreme Fan

fla - i dunno whether i will make a new banner soon because I am very busy but we will get one at some point [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Lindsay - that Kimi site ruled. I really can't believe that it's gone [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
BTW can i have the URL to the site that you found? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Hitzi (almost called u something else [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) I haven't read the whole f1racing article yet. However i did look at the Nando comment... and basically all Mika said was that he doesn't think he is as fast as Kimi in terms of raw speed because in Mika's opinion he didn't out qualify Jarno enough.

thanx bel. but as i explained earlier I do have a lot of ICT coursework to complete at the moment, and then next week I'm actually on holiday, so I will probably not be able to do it until after the 21st of Feb [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] anyway maybe it's best to wait for some pics from Melbourne... or maybe not [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Supreme Fan

KIMI ADMITS TO MP4-19 SETBACK
Last Updated: Monday, 09 February , 2004, 12:20

Kimi Raikkonen has admitted that he has some concerns about the new McLaren MP4-19.

The Finn said that last week’s test at Barcelona went less than smoothly, with the team encountering problems with set-up.

He told the Gazzetta dello Sport: "In testing at Jerez and Valencia the MP4-19 went really well, but at Barcelona we started having problems.

"There haven't been many positive days of testing, so that's why I'm still not sure how good our new car really is."

"For the most part our problems have been with set-up. For most of them we already have a solution, we just need to sort it all out in the remaining test sessions. Our troubles are mostly in connection with the integration of the new car with the new engine."

However, Raikkonen is confident that McLaren will resolve their difficulties before the first race of the year in Australia.

He said: "I think that the reliability of the new Mercedes engines won't be a problem at all, especially when the new evolution comes, things will be fine, that's what I hope anyway, because the championship will be starting shortly and at Barcelona we had trouble keeping up with Williams."

"It's a long season, 18 races, but I hope we'll have a good start in Australia."

ECCLESTONE AXES F1 MAG
Last Updated: Saturday, 07 February , 2004, 17:21

Bernie Ecclestone has closed down F1 Magazine.

It is understood that Ecclestone decided to pull the plug on the project on Friday.

The magazine, which combined F1 news and views with lifestyle features, had been running since March 2001.

It was initially published by European Publishing, but Ecclestone decided to bring the magazine under the control of his Formula One Management company in late 2002.

The last edition of the magazine featured a cover story of Cristiano da Matta visiting Shanghai, which will host its first grand prix later this year.

JOS PULLS OUT AGAIN
Last Updated: Friday, 06 February , 2004, 13:00

Jos Verstappen and his Trust sponsor have pulled out of talks with Jordan once again.

On Wednesday team boss Eddie Jordan said the second berth at his team was still available to Verstappen despite the Dutchman ending negotiations last week.

The EJ14, which made its official test at Silverstone on Wednesday, even had the Trust logo emblazoned on the car.

But both Verstappen and computer firm Trust have issued statements on their websites that say talks have ended ‘definitively’.

The statement read: "After extensive negotiations about all contracts involved, Trust and the management of Jos Verstappen have decided to definitively break off talks with Jordan.

"Despite the fact that all parties involved did their best, there remain contractual obstacles about which no agreement was possible."

Benson & Hedges have renewed their sponsorship deal with Jordan for the 2004 season and it is thought they would increase their budget further still if a British driver was to land the second seat.

Last year’s driver Ralph Firman is still very much favoured by Jordan but Scot Allan McNish is also in the frame.

Panis feeling fine after crash
Last Updated: Saturday, 07 February , 2004, 17:37

Olivier Panis says he is feeling “pretty good” following his release from hospital in Barcelona.
Panis was helicoptered to hospital to undergo checks after crashing heavily in testing on Thursday.

Speaking on Friday, the Frenchman said: "I am feeling pretty good after my crash yesterday.

"Basically I was trying to go through turn three flat out, as I had already done in the morning but as I tried to correct some oversteer, the rear went and that was it.”

Panis, the oldest driver in F1, is no stranger to hospitals having fractured both legs in a crash at the Canadian Grand Prix in 1997.

Despite his latest accident, Panis was in positive mood when he left the Barcelona circuit on Friday.

He said: "The base we have with the TF104 is really good and we know what we need to achieve together to continue to improve the performance.

"If we keep working in this direction, I think we are going to be in good shape for Melbourne and I am looking forward to getting back in the car."

BERNIE: UPHILL STRUGGLE FOR SCHUEY
Last Updated: Saturday, 07 February , 2004, 17:20

Michael Schumacher will struggle to win the 2004 title, Bernie Ecclestone has predicted.
Ecclestone believes this year’s title race could be even tighter than last season’s – when Schumacher took the crown by a solitary point.

The F1 supremo told the Financial Times: “I think Michael's going to have a bit of an uphill struggle if he wants to win his seventh world championship. It's not going to be easy.

"When you think about 2002, really, you only had one team and one car. You had to put your money on Michael every race. Last year was better because we had more competitive cars, and I think this year will be even better."

However, Ecclestone does not believe Schumacher is yet ready to retire – unless he is hopelessly outclassed by his rivals.

He said: "I think it depends how he goes. I think if he gets consistently blown away by the young hot shots, maybe he'd think about it. But he loves his racing and, the trouble is, he's got nothing to do if he stops."

RUBENS TASTES THE F2004
Last Updated: Monday, 09 February , 2004, 11:16

Rubens Barrichello was emotional as he ran the F2004 for the first time at the weekend.

The Brazilian was in action at Mugello, taking over testing duties from Michael Schumacher, who has been carrying out development work on Ferrari’s 2004 contender at Imola.

On Saturday Barrichello was hampered by rain but by Sunday the weather had cleared allowing him to clock up 72 laps of the Italian circuit.

He told TheScuderia.net website: “It's always emotional to "ride" in a new Ferrari!

“My first impressions are all positive… the new car immediately seemed to me reactive and improved related to the previous car in every area.”

This year cars will not have automatic gearboxes or launch control, something that does not faze Barrichello.

He said: “There was no problem, in fact we had already tested without the aids to the end of season 2003 and in the first tests of 2004.

“I don't believe that the driver's will have problems with the change that returns to semi-automatic, it was a technical solution that has been the norm until midway through 2001.

“More significant in my opinion will be the cancellation of the launch control.”

As for which team has impressed him the most in testing so far, Barrichello opted for Renualt.

He said: “McLaren has not made thrilling times in Valencia, while in Barcelona they had some technical problems.

“Obviously we do not know if they have lapped with a large quantity of fuel in order to hide their true potential.

“We know that the FW26 is very fast on a single lap, but less so on the distance runs. Renault instead is the one that has made the biggest impression. Fast on the single lap and very consistent in race simulations.”

BARRICHELLO QUICK AT MUGELLO
Last Updated: Monday, 09 February , 2004, 16:53

In keeping with the testing trend at Barcelona and Valencia, Rubens Barrichello has now shattered the lap record at Mugello in the new F2004.

Last week saw first Jenson Button then team-mate Takuma Sato break the lap record at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona.

Likewise at the end of last month in Valencia Juan Pablo Montoya broke David Coulthard’s lap record, set the week before.

All around records are tumbling – and now it’s the turn of Barrichello on his third and final day of testing in the F2004.

While it is hard to compare the new car with its rivals at the Italian track – as no other teams test at that circuit – the F2004 is clearly showing some pace.

Barrichello lapped the Mugello circuit more than two seconds quicker than the previous record, set by team-mate Michael Schumacher in the much-revered F2002.

Ferrari will continue to test the new car on Tuesday when the team head to Fiorano with Michael Schumacher at the wheel.

PANTANO IN FRAME
Last Updated: Monday, 09 February , 2004, 14:47

Jordan are close to signing a deal with Giorgio Pantano, according to the latest reports.

A team spokeswoman has confirmed that the Italian will join signed driver Nick Heidfeld at Jerez on Tuesday.

The spokeswoman did not say whether Pantano would take part in the test though.

She told Reuters: "We're talking to him and he's going to come down to see what's going on."

It was thought Dutchman Jos Verstappen had finally clinched a deal after his Trust sponsor was placed on the EJ14 at its launch at Silverstone last Wednesday.

But Verstappen called off negotiations for a second and final time last Friday leaving the way clear for a British driver to take the berth.

Ralph Firman, who drove for the team last year, is looked upon highly by team boss Eddie Jordan, as is former Renault test driver Allan McNish.

Both were in the frame for the drive, all the more so after sponsor Benson & Hedges pledged more money to the team if they hired a Brit.

But now, according to BBC Radio Five Live, Pantano is the one most likely to put pen to paper with the team.

And it’s not a bad choice, despite him bringing a reputed budget of less than $5million to the team.

The Italian has collected several pieces of silverware in his motor racing career. In 2000 he entered the German Formula 3 Championship and won the title at his first attempt.

The F1 world took note and that year followed a test with Benetton and then McLaren, Minardi and Williams. All were impressed.

So Pantano may bring some money but, more importantly, he brings some talent too.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

No more F1 Magazine!! What is the world coming to!!

Hope that you have a great vacation Marie and I am sure that there are going to be some awesome photos come out of Melbourne. There always is [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I always look forward to seeing the driver lineup photo. Just goes to show that the season is really starting.

Lucky that I decided not to go this year to the F1. Have been invited to a bridal shower on 7th March starting at 2.30pm!! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I think that I may have to arrive a little late [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 06:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Not very nice news you've got there Marie. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It would have been too good if the new McLaren was great in every way. Oh, you just can't win.

Wait, is Ferrari doing a new car or... why can't I remember anything according to that... weird. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Supreme Fan

bel - well f1racing magazine is better than f1 magazine (imo) so i'm not that bothered.

hitzi - Ferrari launched a car a while back... well two weeks ago and then they are going to make changes before Melbourne (apparently)
Old 02-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Supreme Fan

PANTANO CONFIDENT OF JORDAN SEAT
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 11:24

Giorgio Pantano is certain he will secure the last remaining seat at Jordan this year.

The Italian told Gazetta dello Sport that he was “99 per cent” certain of clinching a deal with the Silverstone-based team.

On Monday Jordan confirmed that Pantano would be at Jerez on Tuesday, but the spokeswoman refused to say whether he would be testing the car or not.

Pantano, though, has told the Italian newspaper that he will be testing this week and that he wants to prove he deserves the seat.

He told the newspaper: "I don't intend to take risks in this first test, but only want to show the team that I'm able to drive an F1 car, and that I deserve the job.

"Driving in F3000 I learned that the secret to success is team spirit; Schumacher wins because he's built an extraordinary relationship with his people.

"Well, that is what I want to build for myself in Jordan; after all, it is me needing them. The first objective is to gain experience, to take the car to the limit.

“The aim this year is to be close to Nick [Heidfeld]. This has to be the platform to greater things, like everyone I look for victories."

Pantano also revealed that he had held talks with Jaguar over a seat in 2004 alongside Mark Webber, but the Big Cat opted instead for Christian Klien.

He said: "I was already convinced that the seat was mine, also because they told me they'd preferred a driver with a bit of experience.

“In reality they were just aiming for the money and Klien offered a lot more of it.”

It was thought Dutchman Jos Verstappen had finally clinched a deal after his Trust sponsor was placed on the EJ14 at its launch at Silverstone last Wednesday.

But Verstappen called off negotiations for a second and final time last Friday leaving the way clear for a British driver to take the berth.

Ralph Firman, who drove for the team last year, is looked upon highly by team boss Eddie Jordan, as is former Renault test driver Allan McNish.

Both were in the frame for the drive, all the more so after sponsor Benson & Hedges pledged more money to the team if they hired a Brit.

CASH PROBLEMS FOR BAUMGARTNER
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 14:05

The Hungarian Government have pulled out of their financial deal with Zsolt Baumgartner, according to the BBC.

The Hungarian sports ministry had pledged to give Baumgartner £2million towards his Minardi drive but have since reneged on the deal because of split opinion about the matter from Hungarian citizens.

Baumgartner’s management team have revealed that the state-owned company which manages the Budapest circuit will sign a £150,000 advertising track with the Hungarian driver.

They also insist that Baumgartner would still fulfil his payment obligations to Minardi.

The 24-year-old is reportedly paying Minardi £8million for his 2004 seat.

It is the second cash blow for Baumgartner after sponsor oil company Mot. Rt reconsidered its origianl offer as it was valid for a Jordan and not a Minardi drive.

Fans came to his rescue, among other sponsors, but whether their pockets will stretch further this time remains to be seen.

STILL HOPE FOR IMOLA
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 12:54

Imola’s mayor is confident that the San Marino GP could remain on the calendar.

Last month Ecclestone announced that the 2004 San Marino GP would be the principality’s last as F1 gradually moves out of Europe.

But mayor, Massimo Marchignoli, insists the future of the event is not yet decided and revealed he had spoken to Bernie Ecclestone last month and would meet him to discuss the issue in more depth over the next few weeks.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I spoke on the phone with Bernie Ecclestone.

"The conversation was about the prospects of the Formula One Grand Prix in Imola.

"Ecclestone told me that he still considers it an open issue, and that there are chances of carrying on hosting the Grand Prix next year. He asked me to meet him in London in the next few weeks."

Imola staged its first grand prix in 1963, although the event was not part of the world championship. It was host to a number of enthralling races but also witnessed tragedy in 1994 when Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger were killed.

The 2004 San Marino GP will take place on 25th April.

WILLIAMS PREDICT CLOSE SEASON
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 11:03

Williams' chief operations engineer Sam Michael expects a tough 2004 season at the top.

The team have gone radical this season with their ‘Hammerhead’ nose in the hope that they will be competitive from the off. Testing times are certainly proving promising.

But Michael is all too aware that the team’s main rivals Ferrari and McLaren are also going strong.

Michael told the BMW Motorsport website: "It is going to be a hard year, and for viewers of the sport, it is going to be very close.

"There is little to call between the top teams and I think the key will be how quickly they can develop their cars. We are pushing hard now to be in an advanced state before Melbourne."

Driver Juan Pablo Montoya agrees with Michael, but wary of the strength not only of Ferrari and McLaren, but the new Renault R24 too.

He said: "In any case it will be interesting: you only need to look at the lap times in recent tests, what McLaren are doing, the consistency of Ferrari, and the improvements by Renault.

“It will be a hard-fought Championship with many players. It will be great for the fans."

STRONG SALES IN BAHRAIN
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 10:51

Tickets are being snapped up in Bahrain as the start of the season draws ever closer.

The first race in the Middle East has created a buzz of excitement in the region with the race organisers announcing that subscriptions to one of the specialist spectator packages – the ‘Bahrain Experience’ – have now sold out.

There are still alternative tickets available for the race though, which are available through the Grand Prix Ticket Hot Line on +973 406 222.

Event sponsor Gulf Air has also announced that it will be laying on extra flights around the time of the race. Information is available from the airline's offices worldwide.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Raikkonen plays down Ferrari link
''Ferrari haven't even talked to me'' [10/02/04 - 10:03]

Runner-up F1 champion Kimi Raikkonen has played down rising speculation that his future is as Michael Schumacher's successor at the Italian Ferrari team.

The Finn's McLaren boss, Ron Dennis, said recently that his scarlet- clad rivals are 'testing the temperature' on potential driver- replacements for the German.

Moreover, Ross Brawn - technical wizard at Ferrari - mused that of the rising-wave of F1 young-guns, Kimi 'Raikkonen is the one who impresses me most.'

But the 24-year-old suggests that there is little truth to the speculation.

'I have a contract with McLaren, and when that expires we'll see what happens,' Kimi told La Gazzetta Dello Sport. 'But Ferrari haven't even talked to me.'

DOUBTS IF SCHU IS RETIRING

Raikkonen, who has yet to have an 'option' signed on his McLaren contract for 2005 and 2006, doubts that 35-year-old Michael Schumacher is eyeing retirement.

'He's under contract until 2006,' said the quiet speedster, 'and I don't think he'll quit before then. We'll see - I see no reason to change out of McLaren.

'I feel really good here.'

Jean Todt, boss of the Ferrari team, mused recently that his Maranello-based marque is 'active' in the search for the next Formula One world champion.

'We look at what is happening with young drivers,' said the Frenchman.

Finn confused by privateers' plight
''That doesn't explain why they're always so bad'' [10/02/04 - 10:58]

Mika Hakkinen is confused about the plight of F1's most-struggling privateers.

The retired double world champion, who quit McLaren in 2001, doesn't know why Minardi are always slowest and reckons Eddie Jordan makes some 'odd' decisions.

'I don't understand Jordan,' Mika started in F1 Racing magazine.

'It's very sad, because Eddie is a great guy. F1 needs guys like him - he's a motivator. He's the kind of guy that that gets the best out of a driver.'

On the other hand, Hakkinen muses, opting to sue Vodafone was 'very odd.'

JORDAN ARE INCONSISTENT

He said of the failed action that not only cost Jordan several million dollars, but a slating from the Judge: 'That wasn't a good idea at all.

'Like EJ himself,' Hakkinen continued, 'Jordan are inconsistent. But I guess consistency is difficult to maintain if your best engineers keep leaving ...'

Mika Hakkinen is also confused about back-of-the-grid minnows Minardi.

'My question is this,' he asked in the magazine. 'Why are they always so bad?'

The 20-grand prix winner, Hakkinen, acknowledges that the Faenza- based team, owned and run by Aussie Paul Stoddart, is short of money - 'I know that.'

But Mika concludes: 'That doesn't explain why they're always so bad. It's almost as if there's an unwritten law that says they must always be last.'

my opinion is that the top teams just get all of the best designers because they are willing to pay them more... and they can afford to spend more on improving and developing their cars
Old 02-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Supreme Fan

BUTTON ON TOP
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 17:28

Jenson Button set the pace on the first day of testing at Jerez on Tuesday.

Team-mate Takuma Sato set the third quickest time to reinforce BAR’s impressive form with the new 006.

Sandwiched between the two was Renault’s Jarno Trulli just one tenth off Button’s time in the team’s 2004 contender. The Italian worked alongside test driver Frank Montagny who finished the day in seventh in the old R23.

Luca Badoer was the sole Ferrari on track in today’s test. The Italian drove two different F2003-GA cars but was hampered in the morning session when one of them stopped on track due to a mechanical failure.

McLaren were in action with David Coulthard and test driver Alex Wurz at the wheel of the MP4-19. The test was more promising than the team’s recent efforts in Barcelona where they were considerably off the pace. Today the two drivers were fifth and sixth.

Christian Klien carried out testing duties for Jaguar carrying out development work on the R5. The Austrian newcomer set the eighth quickest time.

Meanwhile Jordan ran Italian hopeful Giorgio Pantano alongside Nick Heidfeld. Pantano hopes to clinch the final seat in F1 [see separate story] and had a promising day in the EJ14 finishing just two tenths off the pace of Heidfeld.

Testing times from Jerez

1 BUTTON BAR 1m17.712s
2 TRULLI Renault 1m17.864s
3 SATO BAR 1m18.037s
4 BADOER Ferrari 1m18.268s
5 WURZ McLaren 1m18.442s
6 COULTHARD McLaren 1m18.558s
7 MONTAGNY Renault 1m18.630s
8 KLIEN Jaguar 1m19.279s
9 FISICHELLA Sauber 1m19.294s
10 MASSA Sauber 1m19.462s
11 HEIDFELD Jordan 1m22.976s
12 PANTANO Jordan 1m23.156s

PANTANO HITS THE ROAD
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 17:05

Giorgio Pantano has tried out the Jordan for the first time in testing at Jerez.

The 23-year-old told the Italian press on Tuesday that he was "99 per cent" certain of clinching a deal with the Silverstone-based team.

On Monday Jordan confirmed that Pantano would be at Jerez on Tuesday, but the spokeswoman refused to say whether he would be testing the car or not.

Pantano, though, told Gazzetta dello Sport that he would be testing this week and that he wants to prove he deserves the seat.

He told the newspaper: "I don't intend to take risks in this first test, but only want to show the team that I'm able to drive an F1 car, and that I deserve the job.

"Driving in F3000 I learned that the secret to success is team spirit; Schumacher wins because he's built an extraordinary relationship with his people.

"Well, that is what I want to build for myself in Jordan; after all, it is me needing them. The first objective is to gain experience, to take the car to the limit.

“The aim this year is to be close to Nick [Heidfeld]. This has to be the platform to greater things, like everyone I look for victories."

Pantano also revealed that he had held talks with Jaguar over a seat in 2004 alongside Mark Webber, but the Big Cat opted instead for Christian Klien.

He said: "I was already convinced that the seat was mine, also because they told me they'd preferred a driver with a bit of experience.

“In reality they were just aiming for the money and Klien offered a lot more of it.”

PIZZONIA CONFIRMED AT WILLIAMS
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 February , 2004, 15:48

Williams have officially announced the signing of Antonio Pizzonia as their test driver for 2004.

The Brazilian, nicknamed ‘Jungle Boy’, was the team’s test driver in 2002 before landing a drive with Jaguar Racing the following year.

But his stint with the Big Cat ended in tears mid-way through the season when he was replaced with Briton’s Justin Wilson.

Williams have kept their faith in Pizzonia though and have signed him up alongside their long-term test driver Marc Gene.

Pizzonia said: "It feels great to be back working with everyone at the BMW WilliamsF1 Team.

“My long-term future in Formula One is as a race driver, but my aim for this year is to do everything I can as a test driver to help the team win the World Championship."
Old 02-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey all [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
I was sunday at the 'Itchycoo' concert in munich and it was fantastic! Mia and Toby are very pleasant and they play great music! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe how vocal Mika has gotten all of a sudden. When he first started winning in F1 listening to his intervuews was painful because he was so shy and never knew what to say and know he is going around all the time saying these sort of things. I love it.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread