Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 11:49 AM
T
Master Fan

Oh and err, I want to say I'm sorry beforehand: Sorry *see T's sheepish grin* [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]. The snooker world championship starts this weekend and there's already some hour long programm about it tomorrow on Eurosport, so in light of me probably not being able to shut up about it at times... sowwy - I'll try to be good [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 04-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

You sure you shouldn't start your own snooker thread sooner rather than later? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 11:39 PM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
<STRONG>You sure you shouldn't start your own snooker thread sooner rather than later? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Naah, I like getting on your nerves so here is quite good [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img].

What I am wandering about though, is should we start a new MotoGP thread? Because it's pretty much just S & me and even S hasn't been posting that much [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]...
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 04-17-2004, 12:22 AM
T
Master Fan

Damn Eurosport did it again - no snooker last night [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img]. I was kinda expecting it though since the competition itself really starts today. Still.. a bit odd that they'd have an hour slot for snooker the previous day and not use it - twice.

Anywyas, that wasn't actually the point of this post *g*. The point is: you guys remember me at times going on about the hilarious guy in our CL studio? Pasi Rautiainen that is? When Milan lost to Depo, he'd said before the match that if Milan manages to botch that up, he'll walk home.. The studio is in Helsinki - the man lives in Porvoo. A mere 45-50 kilometres *g*. So Milan goes and does what it does. What does Rautiainen do? Unlike most who'd just laugh it off, he goes and bloody well walks home [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

Apparently they even made a short bit about it for the weekly CL magazine show - so if you want to see te crazy Bayern fan, have a look *g*
Old 04-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Over to something more interesting than snooker ... Crewe edged out a good, yet nervy 1-1 draw at Reading, Kenny Lunt's free-kick cancelling out a Dave Kitson header that appearantly looked offside. Five points ahead of relegation with three games to go ... we'll be very unlucky to go down now, and I think we're definately safe with one more point.

And heee about the Finnish commentator ... as least he stuck to his word.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:41 PM
T
Master Fan

Congrats about the point [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

And to stay on topic for once: not long till the Atletico match *nervous*

No R or Torres tonight.. Real starts with:

Casillas; Míchel Salgado, Pavón, Raúl Bravo, Roberto Carlos; Beckham, Helguera, Figo, Zidane, Solari; Raúl.

Hala Madrid!! [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]

Dunno if I'll be online since I might put Marca or AS (whichever works first) on and still watch snooker (muted) since it'll be live.. and because I'd wear out my nerves in a second if I'd just sit at my computer [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

And yes, Dan, you heard right - I'll listen to the com [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]. The way I figured, it can't go much worse than the last two matches so it's quite the right time to get rid of some superstitions [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
And
Old 04-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Ignore this if you like - just trying to figure out stuff.

Current table:

15 Crewe 43 -6 52
16 Nottm Forest 43 -1 51
17 Watford 42 -11 51
18 Rotherham Utd 43 -10 50
19 Derby County 43 -14 49
20 Walsall 43 -19 48
21 Burnley 42 -16 47
22 Gillingham 43 -17 47

Forest's remaining games:

Ipswich (a) - loss
Wigan (H) - draw
West Brom (a) - draw

Watford:

Millwall (a) - win
Norwich (H) - loss
West Ham (a) - loss
Reading (H) - win

Rotherham:

Coventry (a) - win
Burnley (H) - draw
Walsall (a) - draw

Walsall:

Sheff Utd (H) - loss
Crystal Palace (a) - loss
Rotherham (H) - draw

Burnley:

Wimbledon (H) - win
Derby (H) - loss
Rotherham (a) - draw
Sunderland (H) - draw

Gillingham:

Wimbledon (a) - win
Coventry (H) - win
Stoke (a) - win

Derby:

Burnley (a) - win
Millwall (H) - win
Wimbledon (a) - win

Derby 58
Watford 57
Gillingham 56
Rotherham 55
Forest 53
Burnley 52
Walsall 49

Hmmm... Walsall's in the most trouble now, and we're possibly safe already - still think we might need one more point, though.

[ 04-17-2004: Message edited Avatar ]
Old 04-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T:
<STRONG>S - oh, do go see it! They have the whole nikefootball.com redone again and you can see it there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Very interesting indeed! Btw, who was that guy in black who kicked the ball back to them? He looked disturbingly like Totti :-/
Old 04-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Come on Real!They are winning 2-1, 4 minutes to go.
Figo is carrying the team, from what I read in Marca.

* Ana *
Old 04-17-2004, 05:39 PM
T
Master Fan

And it ended like that [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]

Solari & Ivan scored [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Pavon got yellog cards on twentysomehting and was it 47 so even more impressive.

Also I need a a few good kicks. I can't believe it, but I actually fell asleep [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]. woke up just now at 2.30 AM..
Old 04-18-2004, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

I fell asleep too [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] But 2-1 is definitely a great score! Congrats to Real!

&lt;--off to watch the long awaited Motogp [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 07:38 AM
T
Master Fan

*slaps both of us* [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hee, Pedrosa won his first 250 race [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]. And Sete was third [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. The Finns didn't do that well, but Mika's 12th wasn't all that bad and neither was Vesa's (Mika's brother btw) 24th considering it's his first season and he'd never raced there before..
Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T:
<STRONG>*slaps both of us* [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thanks, I think I deserved that! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Congrats to the Spaniard! But, as mentioned on my LJ, I'm extremely contented with Rossi's win today. And I'm really stressing on it because my other Italian boys are currently trailing 1-0 at the moment [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img].

edited: As I post this, Di Vaio equalised! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] So it may not seem too bad a night after all.

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited +Sarah+ ]
Old 04-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Arghh! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Gilardino scored on the 80th minute! [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] $%#@!*#@!!#!

I really ought to try out that sleeping trick. :-/

edited to add: Tudor scored the equaliser in the dying minutes! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Yay!! FT: 2-2. Better than losing I'd say.

Man, this Gila guy is good, I think he's a great asset to the team he plays for. I hope he comes to Juve [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just for the records, Alex Ferguson, was at the stadio just to watch him play.

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited +Sarah+ ]
Old 04-18-2004, 10:46 AM
T
Master Fan

Posted a comment there and will shut up about motorcycling before Dan comes and strangles me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

A late equalizer? Greatness [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]. It's just damn good to hear our teams get those every once in a while too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

*crosses fingers for a V loss*
Closed Thread   Post New Thread