Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I love that. He had personality.

Thanks for that. I miss skating. I had a busy work week, so I haven't been able to watch any clips.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that too. Like I said Javi's personality is part of what drew me to him. It's easy to get behind skaters who are so personable and Jason was one who was.

I miss skating as well. I'm been watching the Olympic channel were they reshow some stuff from the Olympics and the World Championships. My mom says I'm obsessed. They showed some numbers from Stars on ice before, the tour looks really good.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I agree. It make you like them even more.

Nothing wrong with that.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really isn't.

Yuzu did an amazing ice show in Japan. Evgeni Plushenko and Johnny Weir skated. Most of what I saw was in Japanese so I couldn't understand. But Javi skated live in Spain and after he was done the Yuzu lead the entire crowd in singing Happy Birthday to him which was really adorable!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Aww. That's nice
Old 04-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really was. I really love their friendship, it's so genuine. I know Yuzu is really going to miss Javi next season.

I just whish I could understand what else was going on because it looked like a really great show.

Last edited by Ms Cyatt; 04-18-2018 at 02:05 PM
Old 04-22-2018, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I hope they stay in contact.

Too bad someone doesn't include subtitles.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope they do too. They trained together for so long and everything I've heard they complement each other so well. Yuzu helped Javi to train harder and Javi helped Yuzu to be more relaxed. They were both genuinely happy when the other one won. Look at the Olympics Yuzu was so happy when he found out Javi was going to get a medal, he was crying years of joy for him. And then when Javi said it might be his last competition and Yuzu started sobbing saying that he couldn't do it without Javi.

I know I hate when there aren't subtitles. Though someone was awesome and uploaded videos on daily motion with subtitles.

In other news Patrick Chan officially retired last week and Max Aaron retired a few days ago.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

^ That was nice them adding subtitles.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

That is sweet. I didn't realize they were so close. I know other athletes share coaches, but I don't hear of a bond like that.

That's great.

Well, I bet people saw that coming. They are "old" for skating.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't either until after the Olympics. I have since found out how close they are. Apparently Yuzu wanted come and train with Brian because he wanted to learn to jump like Javi and before Brian took him on he asked Javi if it was ok and he said it was. Yuzu wrote in his guidebook for his ice show that he went to Canada he expected to rivalry with Javi but Javi was too gentle and kind hearted to allow that to happen. He also Javi is the first person besides himself that he is genuinely happy for. I know when Javi won Worlds in 2015 he told Yuzu that in his heart he was champion and Yuzu said something similar when he won worlds last year. In a sport that is very individual it's super strange for 2 competitors to be so close especially when they have the same coach but the 2 of them have. I know I'm going on and on but I just love their friendship so much.

Yeah I thought Patrick Chan officially retired as soon as the men's competition ended but apparently not. I know he was going to retire especially with the struggles the past 2 seasons and with the constant coaching changes.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

That is great. They are competitors and friends. I love that they can do that and still be civil and kind. I hope they keep in touch.

Well, at least Patrick got something from the last Olympics, so I think he ended on a high note.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It really is. I just love their friendship. It's rare to see 2 competitors this friendly with each other let alone 2 competitors who train with the same coach. I really hope they always stay in touch.

In big figure skating new Evgenia Medvedeva has decided to leave her longtime coach Eteri Tutberidze and go Toronto to train with Bran Orser. I think this is a great move for her. I'm not a fan of her Tutberidze at all. I've heard that she said Alina Zagitova something about puberty and apparently she isn't eating to prevent it. It always seems that she doesn't have her students best interests at heart. Brian seems to be the total opposite, he cares about his students well being and not just their skating. You can how Brian is as a coach by the way Javi and Yuzu interact with each other. Also it seems to be a healthy training environment.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yes, they have too good a friendship to lose touch.

Wow, I hope that works out for her. Brian is a great coach. He's had so many victories.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree. I hope that they can both stay in touch. I love watching their interactions backstage and during gala practices. They both are so adorable!!

I hope it works out for her as well. Apparently she reached out to Brian last month and he was shocked to hear from her. Brian is a great coach and has many successes also he seems to genuinely care about his students. I heard that during holidays he'd have Javi over his house because he didn't have family in Toronto. Like I said I think this is a great move for Evgenia. If you want to read more about the situation here is the link of the interview that Brian gave.

Orser 'totally stunned' to be tabbed by Medvedeva | icenetwork.com: Your home for figure skating and speed skating.
Reply   Post New Thread