Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

SportingNews is not h2h.

Anyway, I'll take whatever league and try to go with it.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

Also, not to sound like a total schill, but using Yahoo would promote activity in the basketball and in the future, football and/or hockey. Why? Going to one homepage and seeing all 4 sports is a lot easier than 1 for Yahoo, 1 with Sporting News, 1 with Sportsline, etc...
Old 03-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with Head in that last part, i do love the SPortingnews set up, but it allows for TOO much overlapping. And if we all focus on one site for our FF league, it lets us mess in the other sports. I for one set up a season 2 in basketball, but haven't been to the Sporting News since and i only go to Yahoo if i'm checking movie times. So if were all at one spot, it'd be easier.

So it seems we are all for H2H, if it's yahoo we'll have to draft. I'll check it out and let everyone know the rules and how it'll be arranged. I will, as last season, have 2-3 SPorting News teams, if anyone wanted to fiddle with a little bit of that too.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Total Fan

Hmm, good point; are we doing the draft here in the messageboard, or arranging a live date/time to do it using Yahoo's Java applet?

I'm good for either, but with all of us on a hectic schedule, we'd need to know awhile in advance.

Either way, baseball should be crazy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

OK, i started a Yahoo league, these are the current roster slots and scoring in H2H

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, K, TB, E, AVG, IP, W, SHO, SV, ER, K, ERA, WHIP

With 12 team limit, but i can adjust that if we get more.

League ID is 217573
Password is yankeesbiteit
Old 03-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Uh oh! I have *TONS* of college work..

Dont think I'll have the time to work on this thing after all..

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

Yahoo? Yahoo! Joining.

Rockstar, come on! It'll be great. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

That's 22 positions, we have to start drafting that in about a week i'd say in order to get it all done and then loaded into the yahoo system.

We will draft just as the other leagues, first come first serve for the first round, then opposite order for the rest, then after round say 7, we draft 2 per round to get it done, as we probably won't get a player a day, things pop up for all of us. We can also allow others to draft for us like in the NFL and NBA drafts.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Total Fan

Hmm, would it be possible to change the first come/first serve order? Honestly, I wasn't real comfortable before with having a high pick because I happened to have a free moment on that day, that time. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Maybe a system where pick order is assigned randomly?
Old 03-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

Anyone have any ideas on how we could establish draft order?
Old 03-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

The only fair way I could see us establishing a draft order is by doing a live draft. In fact, I’d prefer to do that if we could. It gets things done very quickly, without having to wait hours (and sometimes days) on end for someone to make the next selection. Unfortunately, we have never been able to get everyone together at the same time to do this due to time zone differences. This has always been a stumbling block. If we do the draft at this board, then we’ll have to get moving quickly. Just to ensure that everything is completed in time for the season opener.

Btw, I’m fine with a Yahoo league. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I liked the set-up of SportingNews last year, but like you guys said, I didn’t care for the amount of overlapping.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Total Fan

Hmm, that's a great idea; live is the way I always draft, private or public.

That said, scheduling can be a problem. Late at night or early on a weekend seems the way to go, otherwise those in the league working fulltime are at a disadvantage. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Should we all post the times that we're generally busy, in case live is the way to go?

I have class on Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays which make all but the latest times a writeoff for me. Any other time, I can plan around. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

I work 4pm-midnight CST Thursday-monday.

I am all for a live draft, though i have Java issues, so i'm not sure how that'd work. I am all for it though. If we can arrange something, that'd be awesome.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Total Fan

What's wrong with your Java? Did it fail the test on the League Overview?
Old 03-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

I joined. I'm in Europe, though (EST + 6), so if I would be able to join, the draft should be either very early or very late (I'm talking about 2am EST).