Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

FF MLB Fantasy League: - DRAFT TIME

Hey fantasy baseball fans! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It’s that time of year again. The MLB season is just around the corner, so it’s time to start getting things going if we are to do a fantasy league again. If you’re interested in joining in on the fun, then post on this thread. It's fun and very easy. The more players, the better! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

For those of you interested, do you guys want to go with a SportingNews league again? That seemed to work pretty well last year.

Feel free to post ideas here.

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited General Jiang Wei ]
Old 03-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Sure why not, i'll join! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Didn't I win the second half last year? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] j/k

I want SportingNews, the move to Yahoo with the NBA Fantasy left me dumb [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I don't get Yahoos system as easily.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Total Fan

Count me in! I definitely prefer Yahoo; Sporting News makes absolutely no sense to me. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>Count me in! I definitely prefer Yahoo; Sporting News makes absolutely no sense to me. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] *****! Do you have a secret plan to disagree with me on everything?! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Oh God.. Someone *needs* to explain Yahoo to me because I don't get it! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] My NBA team was a disaster, I didn't understand the scoring!
Old 03-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Sure, I'll join in ... I'll be hard-pressed to name more than 10 baseballers, but you all need a perennial whipping boy, right? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Total Fan

ROCKSTAR: [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hmm, what part of Yahoo don't you get? I prefer it not so much because of the scoring (which I do like, but find common), but because the interface is far more sophisticated than other free services I've found.

Plus, it's real easy to track all of your fantasy sports together on one page; I got 12 leagues going (4 each for hockey, basketball, and now baseball). [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Loyal Fan

im in. yahoo, sporting news, i could do either (or even both)

the scoring is actually pretty simple in a yahoo league. you pick a few stat categories i dont know how many there are but im sure you can customize which categories you want. in a h2h league you just have to do better than your opponent in those categories. more runs, better average, etc.

same thing as the basketball league

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited sf3000 ]
Old 03-03-2004, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I might as well join in again. I only got to do the second of the season and thought it was fun. I`m in favor of using the Sporting News league again.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

I'm in, [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Baseball has always been my favourite sport to play fantasy for.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

I still have my sporting news stuff rolling, my basketball team finished 5th [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] cuz i'd forgotten about it and kept Flip Murray after Ray Allen came back. Othgerwise i'd have won, I had solid guys all around, Yao, Zack, 'Reef', Baron, Melo and uh yeah, Murray.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Total Fan

Hey, Flip was pretty good during the Rookie/Sophomore Game! Guy has serious street-style moves.

Does Sporting News allow H2H play? It's working pretty well for basketball, gets us more involved when we go against each other. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

That's a good question. I'm not sure. I know we did an overall league standings type of thing last year, with two seasons. If you didn't do well the first half of the year, you got a fresh start after the All-Star break. It didn't help me very much, though. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Chris- When everyone has agreed on the type of league they want, why don't you go ahead and start it? You're good at being the league commissioner. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Total Fan

Hmm, so the first half doesn't count as much as the second? Or am I missing something...? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

H2H works really well for us in basketball, but was designed for baseball and football; I'd love to do it in Yahoo to be sure we get that H2H setup. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

I'm pretty sure that sportingnews isn't h2h, atleast it wasn't last year.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]