Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2019, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope he does another one soon, before Conageddon. Especially since I missed out on his earlier campaigns.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 09-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seems like he’s gearing up for something.
ICON
Old 09-20-2019, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Was walking home from the shop to witness and bunch of kids circling a young boy and bullying him as he struggled to cyle home with some milk he'd bought. I stepped in, told them to leave the boy alone and was met with verbal abuse, called "specky four eyes" (A CLASSIC) and called "a ****ing bitch" repeatedly, these kids were no older that 8 years old, 8!!!! who taught them to be so vile? it makes me so angry, that poor child will grow up to have mental health problems if this kind of thing happens to him regularly, I know bullying deeply affected me as I grew up. It made me deeply sensitive which is a blessing and a curse honestly. But it affected by confidence on a huge level. so sad

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-20-2019, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

God, that is depressing/frustrating, Becks. The fact that these kids are learning at such a young age that this vulgar/offensive talk is okay is very worrying and of course harmful to those who are bullied. I was bullied a little as a kid too and the memory of it stays with me, even today, so I feel for those in a similar/worse off position. I just hope that they at least have a good family/friend support system.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bullying stays with you, you carry that with you into adulthood. I just hope that boy has a good family, but it worries me cause it was dark and his parents/parent let him go out at night to get milk. I would never send my child to do that, but you don't know everyone's story so I can't place any judgement. But the kid said nothing, I was there in the shop when he bought the milk and he seemed like a nice, quiet kid. And when the bullies were all around him, he just took it. To be fair there were 4 kids and he was all alone. But the fact he went the shop at night for his parents speaks volumes about his character.

Man, this stuff breaks my heart!

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is so sad. Man, to witness children so young being so cruel . . . really breaks your heart, because you know they’ve most likely learned it from someone. Good for you for stepping in, though!
ICON
Old 09-21-2019, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is utterly heartbreaking and I hope that the kid knows that it's an issue that those bullies have and has nothing to do with him, they're just mean people who will hopefully learn soon that this behaviour won't get them far and that it's wrong to treat people that way.

Oh, I randomly came across this list of celebrities who promote mental health awareness and Bob's on it :

Quote:
Morley has always been open about his depression. With a platform such as his, he felt as though he should take an active role in philanthropic work.

More recently, he helped design a shirt with the company Represent which featured the quote, “What’s wrong with a little chaos?” A portion of each shirt sold was then donated to The JED Foundation, a non-profit that helps to prevent suicide and promote mental health awareness. The campaign sold 1,389 shirts.

The quote itself is actually from the second episode of The 100 and could easily describe Bellamy Blake’s character arc throughout the five seasons of the show. While it describes the ups and downs of his leadership, relationships, and ultimately, his emotions, we think the line connected to Morley a bit more than anyone expected it to.

What we like best about Morley’s story with his mental health struggles is that he allows himself to acknowledge the lows of it, because what begins with chaos, is typically resolved with stability, and his campaign stands for exactly that.
Source

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-26-2019, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Since Bob was brave today, I thought I’d be brave too. I will never be able to put into words just how much I love this man.

One day I’ll open up about the drugs and the bad things that happened because of it, one day. Bob is helping me want to talk.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-26-2019, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m just . . . literally in awe of him. I had no idea that what started as “Oooh, I like this Bellamy guy and the actor who plays him” would turn into “I am so utterly proud of a man who is doing so much to inspire people and help people overcome their struggles.” Not only is he one of the kindest people I’ve ever met, but he’s one of the bravest, strongest, and most inspirational.

And what Eliza added to the conversation is so important and inspiring as well. What people need is love and support, not judgment and ridicule.
ICON
Old 09-26-2019, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As Matt Haig says “tough love doesn’t work, turns out good old love is enough”

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-26-2019, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Proud of Bob and proud of you, Becks. People sharing their truth, especially when it's a really hard thing to talk about ... you guys are so strong.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
As Matt Haig says “tough love doesn’t work, turns out good old love is enough”
You ordered that book of his that Bob quotes, right?
ICON
Old 09-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Sarah I’ve seen so many people open up today and people showering love to others because of it... BOB DID THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
You ordered that book of his that Bob quotes, right?
I did and it’s the best book ever! It’s helped me so much and it’s helped my friends understand me more and my friend said she’s going to educate herself more and do better, we had the best bonding session the other week over this book.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-26-2019, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When you meet him, you’ll have to tell him you read the book.

I might order it, too, or ask for it for Christmas. I’ve never struggled with suicidal thoughts or self-harm, but I want to read it to become more educated.
ICON
Old 09-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The book offers tips for helping friends and family who suffer with mental illness so the book really is for everyone. I highly recommend. It’s just a great book and I’d love to discuss it with Bob. Matt followed him today and sent him some love, it was beautiful to see.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚