Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2019, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you were talking to me. You’re right, I did accidentally lump people together in what I posted (for the sake of drawing a comparison, but I still did exactly what I was upset about.) I should have said “some Bellarkers” and “some Clexas/Bechos.” Tbh, Tasya liking that tweet, especially after meeting some Bellarke fans that very same weekend, still kind of irks me a bit, but it’s not the end of the world. And a bigger concern than her liking a questionable tweet is people sending her death threats, so . . . even though it may frustrate me, I can get over it.

In regards to how the cast themselves have treated Bellarke fans in the past . . . it’s kind of an individual thing. Like what Eliza said at SDCC 2016 really hurt, but now looking back and knowing what we know (or at least highly suspect) about her and Bob, it provides some different context. And I have to applaud her for how she seems to have grown and matured in her answers since then. Lindsey has said some things that have been hurtful that still kind of sting a bit. And Tasya’s infamous siblings remark from last year still boggles my mind. Do I feel like they’re bullying? No. Do I feel like some of them should have chosen their words more wisely? Yes.

I have to disagree that we see Clexas and Bechos as the bad guys, though, Becks. While that may be a trend amongst the Bellarke fandom in general (primarily on Twitter), I think what people here have proved is that we do acknowledge bad apples in every part of the fandom.
ICON
Old 07-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Like what Eliza said at SDCC 2016 really hurt, but now looking back and knowing what we know (or at least highly suspect) about her and Bob, it provides some different context.
Let's just say that Eliza was #bitter and dealing with her own personal drama and she took it out on fans, not the best thing, PR training needed, but it does at least provide more context, yeah.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-15-2019, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Shannon is now liking tweets that have upset and offended a lot of people, me included... why oh why.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, he should not have liked some of those tweets. The ones that just say they love him and are loving season 6 would have been fine. Nothing wrong with liking those. He should have just silently appreciated the rest, just like how Tasya should have silently appreciated the Bellarke haters one.

I love that Shannon is proud of the show, and let’s be real here, if SOME (not all) fans had gotten their way, it would have ended after season 3 and he never would have gotten the chance to be a part of it. But he probably should have left the whole “first 3 seasons” thing out of his original tweet to start with. At first I kind of laughed at the shade of it, but then upon reflection, I understood how some people could feel like that was a jab at them. I know he tried to clarify what he meant, which was fine, but he should have left it at that and not liked these tweets.
ICON
Old 07-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m talking about the tweets about Lexa’s death... about how her death had nothing to do with her sexuality. As far as I’m concerned cis het men should stay out of lgbt issues unless they’re fully informed, it’s not a good look.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-31-2019, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m at the point where, over hiatus, I’m going to need to think through what is best for me next season in terms of episode discussion threads. Maybe I should just put all my energy into the one here. Maybe I would feel less stressed and upset if I do that.

But the turmoil comes in with this feeling of guilt. Like I’d feel guilty for leaving people to fend for themselves.
ICON
Old 07-31-2019, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You have to do what's best for you, April. And your decision can always change, later, too, but if you feel like that's what's best, it's totally understandable. Your own mental health is the most important thing.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. Idk, I’ll have to think about it over hiatus and see what I feel like when the time comes for season 7 to start. And like you said, my decision can change.
ICON
Old 08-02-2019, 12:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

You have to do what's best for you, April.

Honestly, i've been thinking about just ignoring the discussion threads as well. Every post I make I keep checking if someone responded in a negative way and if they'll be cruel about it or anything like that and it just makes my anxiety spike way too much.

I like discussing the show, but it seems that you can't discuss the show in an objective manner if you're a shipper, and it's so frustrating and I don't want to be angry all the time.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, being angry is not a good feeling for anyone. We all have to do what’s best for us, and we’ll have time to figure out what that is.

I go see my therapist on Monday. I’m so excited to talk to her, actually. I’m gonna work through recent anxieties, of course, but then I get to tell her all about Conageddon 2 and show her pictures!
ICON
Old 08-03-2019, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You also have to tell her about the Beliza news if she doesn't already know.

I hope your appointment goes well.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yes, because I have to tell everyone I’ve ever met about the Beliza news!

Yeah, my appointments with her always make me feel great. She’s so wonderful and friendly and makes me feel like I can talk about anything.
ICON
Old 08-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yeah. Idk, I’ll have to think about it over hiatus and see what I feel like when the time comes for season 7 to start. And like you said, my decision can change.
I can totally understand that.

And just generally guys, just know that it's equally (or even more frustrating) for me/Lisa to see how the threads generally evolve into and you know what the issue is ... so I'll leave it as that, but I hope that steps taken will eventually improve the situation.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, Sarah. I can only imagine. But we’re here for you.

Remember when Bob tweeted this quote the other day? And it was lighthearted and about one of the puppies but actually is really something important to keep in mind?

ICON
Old 08-03-2019, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do love that quote.

Sarah, I really do hope the situation improves. I know it's frustrating for you.