Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2019, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn’t think it was for any ship specific but I’m guessing people think it’s for Becho? Maybe I’m naive but I thought it was to unite all my ships finally

Bob is getting hate from his own fans, I don’t get how they can do that and that crude comment about Beliza, I’m embarrassed.

That tweet makes a fair point, I guess the lover in me just wants us all to try and get a long cause the fighting hurts my heart.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like it's mostly because of the hate that Tasya/Echo/Becho has been getting recently and though he is just supporting her, it just reads as a bit hollow given that this fandom has ALWAYS been toxic ... the timing just makes people question things, I suppose.

What crude comment about Beliza?

I don't see any hate on Bob's tweet (in the replies) so do you mean that it's comments directed towards Bob/Sachin that fans are making?

I feel like we just have to accept that people will not change their opinions, all we can do is hope that the level of vitriol cools down over time. I just don't get why parts of the fanbase who claim to have stopped watching/caring about the show still continue to react and respond to anything related to the show. Like move on already.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I suppose if your girlfriend gets bullied for years that would inspire you to do such a movement, it would inspire me. As a Bellarke, Becho and Clexa fan what Sachin is doing means a lot to me, more than most. I just wish it wasn’t met with such negativity and we could all try and join forces, it’s never too late.

Ecem tweeted about him eating E out... and @ him in tweets and they’re hating on him in mentions.

I do feel bcs and cls give as good as they get though, I’ll always think they’re as bad as each other.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-13-2019, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bellarke fans have indeed been harassed for years, and sometimes it does feel like the cast only chooses to speak out against the Bellarke bullies and not the Clexa/Becho ones (I hate to lump them together, but . . . there are noticeable patterns). I don’t feel like that is what Sachin is doing at all. I think he’s a genuinely really good-hearted person who wants to spread some positivity, which is great. I’m tired of literally everything being attacked by some subset of the fandom and literally everything being dumped on by negativity, therefore giving the fandom in general a bad name. This is for a good cause. Either support it or don’t, but there’s no need to crap on it.

I looked through all the responses to Bob’s tweet and only saw one that was critical of Sachin, though (probably a Bellarker) and one that threw out a personal jab at Bob himself and tagged good old Shaya in it (so probably a Clexa). Oh, and I blocked that awful ecem account a long time ago.

Bob seems really committed to using Twitter to spread positivity ever since he’s reactivated. I like that for him.
ICON
Old 07-13-2019, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So basically every fandom has bad apples, nothing new

I’ve blocked bellarkes, I’ve blocked clexas, I’ve blocked bechos, I don’t care what you ship, if you’re rude I’ll call you out.

Luckily I have you pure souls

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-13-2019, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the problem is that, even though it’s not meant to come across as something ship-specific (and indeed it’s the opposite intention), some people feel like it is, given his relationship with Tasya. Which, hey, if he wants to do something in response to the hate his girlfriend has gotten, he sure can. But people don’t know how to express their skepticism without sound like jerks. And really, if it’s raising money for a good cause, why even bother being skeptical? Just be happy that Sachin’s raising money for a good cause, and make your own choice on whether you want to support it or not. It’s just not that deep, people. Not that complicated.
ICON
Old 07-13-2019, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I think the problem is that, even though it’s not meant to come across as something ship-specific (and indeed it’s the opposite intention), some people feel like it is, given his relationship with Tasya. Which, hey, if he wants to do something in response to the hate his girlfriend has gotten, he sure can. But people don’t know how to express their skepticism without sound like jerks. And really, if it’s raising money for a good cause, why even bother being skeptical? Just be happy that Sachin’s raising money for a good cause, and make your own choice on whether you want to support it or not. It’s just not that deep, people. Not that complicated.
Well said

Sachin is a lovely person too, I’m a very anxious person and he made me feel at ease because he’s so kind and genuine and he thanked every SINGLE person he met at Survival Con for coming and supporting the show. So I believe his sincerity in his situation and I’m going to support the cause in every way I can.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I agree, April. Well put.

Just to add to it though, it would be helpful for Sachin and Tasya fans to acknowledge the stuff that she did (that people rightfully are upset with) ... it's not a requirement of course but maybe, that would help with the sentiment that people are feeling towards this initiative right now. I feel like Sachin's heart is in the right place with this, but people are reacting because it doesn't feel genuine to them.

I'm just sick and tired of this fandom's overreaction to ANYTHING though, it's frankly exhausting. If you support it, great! If you don't, great too ... just MOVE ON. Bellarkers are acting so ****ty about this right now, too.

That "eating out" comment is just so CRUDE. She didn't actually tag Bob in it though (the handle is deliberately reversed a bit) so I'm glad that he won't see it at least. At least, I hope not. How do people say things like that and call themselves fans of Bob? Ugh.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-14-2019, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok so someone posted this...

Even though I am supporting this whole ship alliance thing because my multishipping ass needs a safe space, I totally understand why bellarkes are annoyed. When I first saw the initiative I thought about the ship wars and how the fandom treated each other and how they’re equally as bad as each other but I didn’t put into consideration how the cast have undermined and mistreated bellarkes in the past so totally get why they’re not in support of this movement now as it does make the cast look hypocritical now.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-14-2019, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking about this a little more yesterday, trying to understand where those who were so upset are coming from. And I still stand by what I said about it yesterday. However, I was kind of reflecting on myself, asking myself why I wasn't retweeting it and spreading the word and all that, and I realized that, to be honest, maybe I do feel a bit skeptical about it. I choose to support Eliza's educational and Bob's mental health endeavors because, not only are those two causes very near and dear to me personally, but also because I know what their intentions are and what they're hoping to do. In contrast, I don't exactly know the backstory about why/how Sachin decided to start this.

I don't know Sachin, but I think he's a genuinely really nice person who does just want people to get along and be kind to each other. But at the same time, I can understand why people might feel like this is something he's started up in response to Bellarke fans, given the fact that he's dating Tasya and Tasya recently liked a tweet lumping people together as "Bellarke haters." And it's not fun to feel like you're being viewed as a bully just because of who you ship. But the bottom line is still that Sachin did not pinpoint or target any group, so I choose to believe that he really does just want to try to unite people. Is he the right person to do it? Is any cast member? Probably not. The fans need to step up and work towards that themselves, but it's really hard to do that when people on Twitter are constantly blowing everything up into a toxic fandom war. I think some people are just addicted to the drama and the negativity.

I just find myself thinking, Bellarke fans, are you really going to devote so much time and energy to hating on Sachin now for doing something that can support anti-bullying efforts? Clexa/Becho fans, are you really going to devote so much time and energy to hating on Bob and Eliza for falling in love and getting married? Like, there's so much hypocrisy and craziness in this fandom, and it's both exhausting and embarrassing.
ICON
Old 07-14-2019, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm at the point where, I don't know where Sachin's intentions lie. Actors should not be trying to regulate fandom interactions, and this campaign is about three years too late and very hollow when the cast themselves have openly bashed Bellarke and Bellarke shippers.

If people want to support it, that's up to them, I just don't see the point of the campaign.

Like you said, April, some people are addicted to drama.

And part of shipping is just not seeing eye to eye, there are bound to be disagreements, you don't have to get along or align with everyone.

There is also way too much history, on all sides, fans sending each other death threats and personal attacks just due to ships, people aren't going to be friends with people who told them to kill themselves or something.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-15-2019, 01:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
Ok so someone posted this...

Even though I am supporting this whole ship alliance thing because my multishipping ass needs a safe space, I totally understand why bellarkes are annoyed. When I first saw the initiative I thought about the ship wars and how the fandom treated each other and how they’re equally as bad as each other but I didn’t put into consideration how the cast have undermined and mistreated bellarkes in the past so totally get why they’re not in support of this movement now as it does make the cast look hypocritical now.

This is basically a huge part of my issue with the ShipsAlliance. First hearing about it, I thought "Well, that's fine. Very late and I question your intentions of starting it now but it's fine." But seeing the reactions and genuine concerns it raises, I can't fully support it. It followed them for the first couple of days but seeing as Richard retweeted it and then Sachin answered all these questions, including from skeptical people but then didn't address or apologize for their own bullying/mistreating of shipper groups in the past? It rubs me all the wrong ways.

I'm fine with creating a safe space for the fandom but it's not that easy and they're blatantly ignoring that they were part of the problem, no matter the support they show the fandom now. So I'll just be here supporting the cast members individually and their own charities and things they care about. But I will be distancing myself from this ShipAlliance.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I see what yall are saying... the fandom itself should be the ones to step up. Is this initiative flawed? Of course... fan reaction has proved that. But the whole “too much water under the bridge” thing is rubbish. You guys see everything with bellarker eyes but I don’t, nor do I see it through Clexa or Becho eyes, I see them through multi eyes so my perspective is completely unique and very lonely. My path, my journey is singular, you guys see Clexas and bechos as the bad guys as you’re from the POV of a Bellarke and that isn’t a bad thing... it just is.

You say Tasya lumped all bellarkes as haters, how is saying “Clexas and bechos hated on Beliza’s marriage” not lumping them together too? Most bechos I know supported Beliza that’s the big isssue... people stereotype and throw labels around... bellarkes as homophobic, Clexas as freaks who can’t let go and bechos as fake. Neither of these are true, and the bad apples in each fandom are the problem and we should be uniting against these bad apples... not attacking each other. Stop pointing fingers and placing blame and understand that it is all our job to fix this problem.

The bottom line is bullying is wrong and we need to do better.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-15-2019, 05:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I'm assuming your post wasn't directed at me, as my issue is more that they're not acknowledging that they've been part of the bullying issue.

I understand what you're saying and how I'll most likely never be objective to others, even though it's literally my job in real life ( ) and I do try to see it from all POV's and I see what they're trying to do but I also get people being through much pain to actively support this. I think it's ok if you want to distance yourself from something, you don't need to be involved in everything just because people tell you it's a good thing. If that's mentally a step too far for you, I think it is better to take a step back.

What I don't approve of is these trolls that comment on the posts (and I've seen them from all shipper groups) and being nit-picky like the fact that he didn't list every single shipper group, like are you serious? Sachin is trying to say that everyone is welcome and included, and clearly said he couldn't name them all. You're just being negative for negative's sake and it's pointless.

.... ok, I'm done.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mel, I don’t even know who I’m talking to I just have a lot of feelings

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚