Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2018, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Some people always will though.

He does
Old 06-20-2018, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ouch, the truth bomb moment was necessary but also painful to hear. Octavia definitely softened up towards Bellamy in this episode but it might just be a case of "Too little, too late." for the time being.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's interesting to see that Bellamy has kind of just... given up on trying with Octavia. He knows she can't even be reasoned with anymore. In early seasons he would have kept trying, but I get where's at, sort of.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-20-2018, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Ouch, the truth bomb moment was necessary but also painful to hear. Octavia definitely softened up towards Bellamy in this episode but it might just be a case of "Too little, too late." for the time being.
It wasn’t painful for me. I was just fist-bumping and cheering him on. About damn time someone let her know how horrible she’s become. Kane’s not around to do it anymore.

While I feel that I’m seeing a lot of the season through Clarke’s eyes, I feel like I’m seeing Octavia through Bellamy’s. I don’t want to give up on her, but at the same time, I feel like I kind of have to.
ICON
Old 06-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, at this point, if they gave her a redemption arc I'd be annoyed. I just can't forget all the horrible things she's done. And I'm someone who LOVES redemption arcs. I mean, take Bellamy for instance, he is the perfect example of a glorious glow up, but with Bellamy, even when he was at his worst, there was still humanity there, he may have been hateful and angry at times, but he was never cruel, inhumane or barbaric and here lies the eternal difference between the Blakes.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's definitely true for the moment, that's for sure.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Honestly, at this point, if they gave her a redemption arc I'd be annoyed. I just can't forget all the horrible things she's done. And I'm someone who LOVES redemption arcs. I mean, take Bellamy for instance, he is the perfect example of a glorious glow up, but with Bellamy, even when he was at his worst, there was still humanity there, he may have been hateful and angry at times, but he was never cruel, inhumane or barbaric and here lies the eternal difference between the Blakes.
Yeah, I don't even know if I want a redemption arc for her at this point. If they're gonna make her this villainous, might as well go full throttle with it. Not every bad guy needs to become good again. It's hard for me to say about Octavia, because man, I had her at #5 this summer. I had her relationship with Bellamy as my #2 favorite dynamic on the show. But I'm sort of ready for him to no longer shoulder the burden of "my sister, my responsibility." But I also think it would crush him if she were gone, so . . . I don't know, I'm so conflicted.

I love redemption arcs when they're done well, like Bellamy's. But I don't know if I have complete faith in them to handle Octavia's that well, if that is indeed the route they decide to go. I feel like the show struggles a bit more with its female characters' redemption arcs, because that "badass" label mistakenly gets applied to their storylines. Clarke would be a notable exception to this for me, but I feel like they've really dropped the ball with Echo's and that Lexa's was a good idea in theory but was just a bit too rushed. And Octavia has gone to extremes that none of the other characters, male or female, has ever gone to, so . . . how the heck do you bring ANYONE back from that?
ICON
Old 06-20-2018, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If I knew Bellamy has completely given up on her and the writers wouldn’t try to redeem her, I think that would actually make this version of Octavia tolerable. But people keep trying to justify her when her actions aren’t justified.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-20-2018, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
If I knew Bellamy has completely given up on her and the writers wouldn’t try to redeem her, I think that would actually make this version of Octavia tolerable. But people keep trying to justify her when her actions aren’t justified.
I don't really see that changing either, regardless of what Octavia does.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still torn on whether I want a redemption arc for Octavia or whether she deserves one, TBH. I don't think that she's completely far gone for it to happen but IDK, if the show keeps on going the way it does re: Octavia, she just might.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-21-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely don't want an redemption arc for her at the moment.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm still torn on whether I want a redemption arc for Octavia or whether she deserves one, TBH. I don't think that she's completely far gone for it to happen but IDK, if the show keeps on going the way it does re: Octavia, she just might.
Bolded bit is interesting to me. Right now, I don’t think Octavia deserves one, because right now, I don’t think she wants to be redeemed. Until she wants to be redeemed, she doesn’t deserve to be.
ICON
Old 06-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you think that Octavia will want to be redeemed?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really not sure, it feels like she knows that this is a self destructive path but she doesn't care? Either that or she still believes that the ends justifies the means and not even Bellamy will get in the way of that.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not sure she thinks she's going down an dark path then.