View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 10:08 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Honestly, at this point, if they gave her a redemption arc I'd be annoyed. I just can't forget all the horrible things she's done. And I'm someone who LOVES redemption arcs. I mean, take Bellamy for instance, he is the perfect example of a glorious glow up, but with Bellamy, even when he was at his worst, there was still humanity there, he may have been hateful and angry at times, but he was never cruel, inhumane or barbaric and here lies the eternal difference between the Blakes.
Yeah, I don't even know if I want a redemption arc for her at this point. If they're gonna make her this villainous, might as well go full throttle with it. Not every bad guy needs to become good again. It's hard for me to say about Octavia, because man, I had her at #5 this summer. I had her relationship with Bellamy as my #2 favorite dynamic on the show. But I'm sort of ready for him to no longer shoulder the burden of "my sister, my responsibility." But I also think it would crush him if she were gone, so . . . I don't know, I'm so conflicted.

I love redemption arcs when they're done well, like Bellamy's. But I don't know if I have complete faith in them to handle Octavia's that well, if that is indeed the route they decide to go. I feel like the show struggles a bit more with its female characters' redemption arcs, because that "badass" label mistakenly gets applied to their storylines. Clarke would be a notable exception to this for me, but I feel like they've really dropped the ball with Echo's and that Lexa's was a good idea in theory but was just a bit too rushed. And Octavia has gone to extremes that none of the other characters, male or female, has ever gone to, so . . . how the heck do you bring ANYONE back from that?
ICON