Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if there is a way to do this or if it would end up looking weird, obviously it would take some testing, but is there a way to combine elements of certain color palettes? I like the top two purples from Spring Flora (light purples bother my eyes usually), but I like the greens from Fresh Tones. The green from Flora Palette is good, but that could read too dark.

Let me know what you all think.

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think a darker purple would be better then lilac cause it bothers people's eyes a bit.

And it seems the general consensus wants the pants pictures, they express Alycia better I think and she's smiling a lot more on those pics

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't think of any other photoshoots that would work, besides the two that have already been brought over. I think since she is wearing a bold white that works with purple. A lot of her other photoshoots would be hard to match to the color. Those two are also probably the best as far as quality of pictures.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Rae can answer colour combining better so i'd wait for her response but yes it is possible to merge some colour schemes

What she's wearing doesn't matter too much as you won't see a lot of it. I also don't think the colours are based on clothes so providing it doesn't completely clash with your chosen colours what colour she's wearing isn't overly important either i don't think. Would you prefer her smiling in every picture?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

For me, I will just be happy with one smiling picture. (thinking of the dress pictures )

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally, I like more smiling pictures (bc I adore her smile), but whatever pictures look best as a whole banner works for me in the end, even if that means using the dress pics. As you said, we won't really see the outfits anyway, mostly her face after the cropping.

Last edited by kiss the wind; 08-25-2016 at 12:43 AM
Old 08-25-2016, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nous protégeons (View Post)
I don't know if there is a way to do this or if it would end up looking weird, obviously it would take some testing, but is there a way to combine elements of certain color palettes? I like the top two purples from Spring Flora (light purples bother my eyes usually), but I like the greens from Fresh Tones. The green from Flora Palette is good, but that could read too dark.
What you are describing sounds like exactly what I was suggesting so yes .
Old 08-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think in terms of the pictures we should go with the general consensus. Most people said they want to see the pants pictures in the banner so surely it makes sense to go with what the majority wants?

This is something I have to see every day so I want it to be something that'll make me smile ya know

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

While the graphics team does try to take on the suggestions and wishes of all posters we have the final say as some suggestions may not work as well as others. So yes it does make sense to go with the majority, the preferred pictures may not be the best quality or easiest to work with. I cannot speak for the rest of ghe team but personally I have saved pictures from both photoshoots to see what I find works best for me as well as takes on your wishes.

ETA: This is not a sample of what the colour scheme may look like but I combined those two colour schemes in my mind. For me your base could be a pale green or gold colour; there is also a pale purple in your suggested schemes but based on your comments in this thread I feel that is not the best choice. The main colours could be the green and gold shades, and then the purples could be used for things like the links, buttons, and perhaps the top bar? I have added in a lot more shades than what you would see in the customisation but they could be used in the graphic still. Some of the more gold shades could also be used for things like the links and buttons. As I said before that is just my interpretation and the final result will depend on the graphic chosen .

Old 08-26-2016, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure you all (GT) will do a wonderful job no matter what photoshoot you choose to use in the end.

Love the colors. And I agree with having purple on the links, buttons & the top bar. I think that would looks really beautiful.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From what you've provided, Rae, I think that would look really pretty. Purple and green are definitely colors I closely associate with Alycia, and the gold really complements those. I can't wait to see what the final product is.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

you guys will do an amazing job i know it
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

We have now finished making all the graphics and the Graphics Team are going to vote on a winner, so this thread will now be closed until the colours and graphic have been set up - then we will re-open it so you can tell us what you all think!

If you have questions please post them on the Info Center's Message Board Customization Process Thread, but please check the opening post to see if your question has been answered there first.

Thank you everyone,
Mel.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Enjoy your banner and colours.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The graphics team did a wonderful job! I particularly love the purples you chose.

Reply   Post New Thread