Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Excuse my ignorance, but I have a question: has Sherlock ever referred to Sherrinford, or heard the name from Mycroft? The trailer for episode 3 put the thought in my head that he might be unaware of Euros/Sherrinford. Is it possible he has no memory of an older sibling or siblings, if they were removed from the family at an early age?

Spoiler:

Last edited by sparksღfly; 01-12-2017 at 04:24 PM
Old 01-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna tag it as spoilers just in case (and your second part of the question sorry about that I just think you're right and that this is ultimately a spoiler because you're right if that makes sense )

Spoiler:
Old 01-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
I'm gonna tag it as spoilers just in case (and your second part of the question sorry about that I just think you're right and that this is ultimately a spoiler because you're right if that makes sense )

Spoiler:
I'm sorry about that! I'll use spoiler tags in future for any conjectures!
Thanks for the info. I'm so excited for the next episode! Hopefully questions will be answered.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

don't be sorry it's me being weird (pari will probably confirm)

I am really excited about it too, i'll post up the new thread tomorrow and not saturday if people want to talk about it I've heard people saying it's gonna be great

Okay i have a question but when Sherlock tells Molly : tell me when to cough. i thought it was a testicular exam joke and apparently some didn't understand the same thing?

i'm so weird omg im' sorry
Old 01-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
Okay i have a question but when Sherlock tells Molly : tell me when to cough. i thought it was a testicular exam joke and apparently some didn't understand the same thing?

i'm so weird omg im' sorry
What else could it be? I guess maybe a respiratory exam - which you might think would be more necessary in the circumstances, but I'm not a doctor. No, I'm sure your first thought was correct.

And never apologize for being weird!
Old 01-13-2017, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

It can be both, but given how everything has some meaning in Sherlock, I would say it probably is a testicular exam joke
Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Because in my mind it was related somehow to the **** off joke in the empty hearse i didn't make a big deal out of it because it's a joke not an actual shipping moment
Old 01-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Who's younger? Sherlock or Eurus?
Old 01-14-2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SPOILER but

Spoiler:
Old 01-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

I'm not looking at the spoilers, but this question reminded me of a speculation I had.

Spoiler:

I also wondered about the repeated line: "It's not a girl's name." I thought that might have been a hint about Sherrinford turning out to be a girl. Alternatively, maybe it tells us Sherrinford is someone else, not Euros, because it really isn't a girls name.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Old 01-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it occurred to me too that it might be
Old 01-14-2017, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

who knows with mofftiss
Old 01-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

When 'Faith'/Euros says Sherlock is nicer than she'd expected, I'd really like to believe that was her genuine feeling. But because she says it to John at the end, in that really chilling way, I guess we have to take it as purely part of the act.

Still, watching the part where the two of them spend the night walking around together, I want to believe there is some sort of underlying sibling connection between them. I mean, it was odd that Sherlock was able to be so friendly and almost caring towards another human being, especially one he'd just met. They got on and had this easy-going interaction. Later we saw Sherlock remembering they had chips and she liked him - he was happy, touched even, about that. It was sweet - but I suppose that's what makes the reveal that she's evil and crazy more powerful.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He does seem incredibly surprised and happy when he says "we had chips together. I think she liked me" when usually sherlock doesn't care about people's impressions of him

As for Eurus' comment "you're nicer", well obviously she hasn't been with the family in a long time and the gun and violence lead to think that there are ill feelings towards the rest of the family so i think she constructed this idea of the Holmes' especially the brothers being horrible and realize that it's not completely the case.