Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Psychologically, I think it's significant that the woman in Paige's hallucination looks like her. It says she knows he's attracted to her, which says that she also knows that all she has to do is say the word and he'll be with her. So if she fears losing him to another woman - she also fears that if that happens, it will be her own fault.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Psychologically, I think it's significant that the woman in Paige's hallucination looks like her. It says she knows he's attracted to her, which says that she also knows that all she has to do is say the word and he'll be with her. So if she fears losing him to another woman - she also fears that if that happens, it will be her own fault.
That's a good point. I don't like when shows purposefully cast lookalikes as love triangle material, but since this was Paige's subconscious then it's completely different.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I was happy about regarding Tim is that he is nothing like Walter - either physically or in any other way.

~Heidi
Old 02-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
One thing I was happy about regarding Tim is that he is nothing like Walter - either physically or in any other way.
What's hilarious about this is the writers did it on purpose with the attempt to make Tim seem ideal, but with all his flaws Walter is a good guy deep down, and they made Tim manipulative and possessive, which in effect did exactly what the writers said they weren't going to do - make an unattractive, increasingly unlikeable love interest.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, we had very different impressions of Tim, because what I saw was a genuinely nice guy who cared for Paige and Ralph and was trying his best to get along with Walter despite being treated disrespectfully. To me, Walter was the one who came across as possessive in that storyline.

I agree with you both on little Happy and Toby though. They were adorable. I'd love to see some actual Happy and Toby flashbacks with these two.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As much as I'd love to see more young Toby/Happy scenes, since Happy grew up in California and Toby grew up in New York, it seems unlikely.

Of course - one of them could have gone on a school trip

~Heidi
Old 02-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I actually meant I'd love to see them in separate flashbacks. But I wouldn't mind seeing them together in another dream.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on Tim because so much of what he did reminded me of my sister's abuser for me to even have an inkling of a positive opinion of him (one example being the "don't let anyone take what's yours" comment Tim made in 3.01, that little speech he gave right thenwas almost word for word something this guy said about my sister and it sent a chill right down my spine). Even seeing him in gifs gets me anxious and angry.

I agree it'd make much more sense to continue to see Happy and Toby as children in separate flashbacks, but I'd love for them to find a way to incorporate them into something together in the future, because it is just so cute to be able to see both of them together like that. (And of course if we see more of them together the giffers an AU people have more to be creative with and that's always fun.)

(And the girl who played young Happy, she's so cute like oh my gosh. I still think they did a better job casting young Toby in terms of lookalikes, but I cannot get over how adorable she was. And her Instagram, getting pics with all the cast, I cannot get over it.)

Old 02-26-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could watch young Toby and young Happy walking off into the sunset over and over and over.

Young Happy is purely adorable and Young Toby - in his short pants no less - makes me giggle. I can totally see that kid growing up into the Toby we all know.

~Heidi
Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, last night was the last of Allie, for now at least. I've seen some people saying they think she will be back, but I don't know. Cabe was pretty firm.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cabe was pretty firm. The only reason I can see them bringing her in is if Patel fights Sly's efforts to get the comic store declared a historic building. It would not surprise me in the least if he did. Allie could easily be part of that storyline, with the accompanying awkward moments between her and Cabe.

I really hope they bring Ada back - Walter will, after all, find a match for her.

~Heidi
Old 02-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really hope they bring Ada back - Walter will, after all, find a match for her.
I hope so too! They did make a point of giving us a timeline, so maybe we'll see her again next season.

Or maybe she will fall by the way of the Megan Dodd Pediatric Ward.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even if they don't actually bring her back, I'd really like some mention - probably next season. Like "Oh, Happy's at the hospital visiting Ada. Her transplant's working really well since Walter was able to find such a perfect match."

~Heidi
Old 03-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Even if they don't actually bring her back, I'd really like some mention - probably next season. Like "Oh, Happy's at the hospital visiting Ada. Her transplant's working really well since Walter was able to find such a perfect match."
No, unacceptable, I want to see her again.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
No, unacceptable, I want to see her again.
Yes, me too, tbh. She has all the makings of a cinnamon roll. She's smart and spunky and could probably join team Scorpion and work with Happy, which would be seriously awesome.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread