Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Oh, i could totally see them being friends. I just don't know about love interest, etc.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

yes friends he doesnt need a love intrest
Old 03-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

yeah. he might eventually but not right now. this season has been the year of Cisco love interest in some ways. Lisa came back for an episode and then Kendra was here for a couple...

don't need another one IMO right now
Old 03-10-2016, 05:07 AM
Supreme Fan

I agree I hope they'll keep both Cisco and Caitlin single for a while. I liked Cisco and Lisa a lot in 2x03, they had great chemistry and they gave more depth to their relationship. He had a cute first date with Kendra but they were horrible in the crossover.

If they have this need for romance, why can't they cast a LI for Joe or Harry?
Old 03-10-2016, 05:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I agree I hope they'll keep both Cisco and Caitlin single for a while. I liked Cisco and Lisa a lot in 2x03, they had great chemistry and they gave more depth to their relationship. He had a cute first date with Kendra but they were horrible in the crossover.

i agree this season was a more cisco which was good but love interest not needed

and joe or harry i dont know they should
Old 03-10-2016, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
see that would be kind of interesting hehe!!!
Old 03-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Agreed. I have no problem with people being single. I would have been fine with Iris being single but at least that seems to be just some random thing to show she's ready to move on.

Caitlin's... well, I guess it showed that but then at the same time they made it out to be more serious than it ever really seemed to be and now of course with the reveal coming.... uh... at this point honestly she really should be single for season 3.

I'm not saying she couldn't flirt or get close to someone, etc... but not actual *action* so to speak.

^^

agree, a LI for Joe or Harry would be interesting. Especially now since I guess Jessie's with us so either one we'd get to see their kids reaction to that
Old 03-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

but you are right, she really should be single in season 3
she needs a break
Old 03-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

yeah. I mean, maybe by the end of the season?

but if its either she stays single or she has another random guest star who comes in for the main purpose of a LI and to give her something to do rather than actual development on her own right...

I'd choose her being single
Old 03-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I don't know how wise it is to give regulars guest stars as love interests. Unless they take off with the audience and are upgraded to regulars I don't know how invested I can be in romances with people that are bound to leave That's why part of me wonders if, in addition to the possibility of SB, they'll ever have the guts to go the KillerVibe or SnoWells route for Caitlin.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

hmm... I kind of hope not?

Regarding Cisco... I mean, I could see that they might do that and they could say "well, opposites attract" etc. and he's light hearted and goofy and she's not, etc... and I mean, I probably wouldn't hate it.

But at the same time, the same reason I'd be largely ok if SB never happened or if WA never happened is the notion that I have no problem with two great looking people of the opposite - or same sex - just being friends.

WA happens but there's actually a good friendship and relationship with SB, that's awesome. Or vice versea. So that's pretty much my same argument regarding KillerVibe (Although, I do admit, that ship name is pretty sweet)

As for Caitlin and Wells... I mean... it might be interesting? Though - and I'm hardly an age phobic person - how much older is he? If they are in their late 20's.... Wells has to be in his 40's? I mean, Jessie is obviously in her mid to upper teens. So unless she's adopted - have they covered that ? I can't remember - he'd have to be - barring him having her when he himself was a teenager - at the youngest in his late 30's. And then there is the issue of him kind of being a boss? I mean, right? Sort of ? its a little different obviously than with Scott and Iris but its kind of similar in that at least in Season One - he was a boss figure along with being a mentor, etc. to Caitlin so that gives me pause. Plus it might be weird somewhat having her and Wells hooking up while Jessie is wandering around Star Labs. I know sometimes shows do that for easy laughs....

I wouldn't turn off the television I don't think if either happened. At least, if they were at least somewhat well done. But at the same time - I'd be more than happy without. I know its the CW and the chances of two main characters who share no relation having a purely platonic relationship is not great.

but as I said. If the show gave me WA but SB as not an alternative but some great friendship / BFF relationship that you actually saw on screen and wasn't implied? That's good enough for me. Because I can appreciate a show where every one isn't hooking up with everyone. And since deep down in my gut I still have serious doubts that SB ever happens romantically on the show given the trajectory of Season Two... seeing a friendship with moments more like Season One than the current season is pretty much what I'm pinning my hopes on. Given what I view as the trajectory of Season Two and how it ends and I know the show will likely last for X amount of seasons longer - I will be honestly somewhat surprised if SB ever happened in REALITY on Earth One. Now, might they do some fan ship stuff on some alternate earth or in some alternate time line or in some time line but then have someone go back in time or forward in time or mess with the time line so it doesn't happen? Sure. But that doesn't really float with me personally as a viewer. When I say I don't think its ever happening I mean in the context of the show on Earth One or Earth Prime or whatever the heck they call it, lol. (have they named it?)

so to sum it up, on that... I'd probably be okay with either in the sense that I wouldn't stop watching, probably. But its not something I don't think I'd probably wish for.

Honestly, I'd be fine if no one ended up with anyone romantically too but again, I know that's never happening on this show / network / television in general.

^^

Overall, though, I agree about the guest star. Unless its a long term one and they don't rush into it. Like, you could have made Jay work out better or Patty IMO if they were around for say, 20 episodes and in the first 5-6 interacted with someone but weren't in a relationship, then the next 5-6 maybe kind of teased and flirted and what not and then the next 5-8 were actually IN a relationship.

that could work. when you rush it into 5-10 episodes or so total it just feels rushed. that way the guest star is more about themselves as well as whoever they were brought in to be paired up with so your audience can see more of them and perhaps take a liking to them so that if and when you bring them back there's a fan=base. And also that way the regular isn't just being used as a prop and its not really lazy writing and people can see the relationship develop over the course of the season, etc.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Supreme Fan

I go back and forth when it comes to KillerVibe I think they could make a sweet, loving and funny couple but I'd be perfectly fine if they never go that direction. Considering these writers' track record they'd probably ruin them so it's better if they stay platonic I enjoyed them a lot during the last two episodes and they have potential but, again, maybe said potential has to remain untapped. I used to think Jay and Caitlin had potential too and look at what happened with them I'd like more Cisco/Caitlin friendship scenes, though. They're great together

I'm not totally against SnoWells but he IS too old...I've read somewhere that initially Caitlin was supposed to be Wells' LI but then they cast DP, who is much younger than TC, and abandoned the original plan so the showrunners must have disliked the age difference, too.

Both KillerVibe and SnoWells have less chance than SB, though. At least with SB they had set something up, even if one-sided and not that deep. Honestly, I'd be surprised if SB never happened. This is the CW and considering that Barry and Iris are headed towards coupledom do I have to expect them to never break up? Yeah...unlikely I still think they'll have Caitlin be his temporary LI somewhere along the line. Considering that Ronnie is dead and Caitlin has moved on I can see them using Barry as her emotional anchor if they turn her into Killer Frost in S3/S4. Pure speculation on my part but I'd be surprised if something like that didn't happen.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
.I'd like more Cisco/Caitlin friendship scenes, though. They're great together
Completely agree with this.... and yeah, sometimes it is better un-tapped. At least then you always have the option as a shipper how awesome it would be.

Quote:

I'm not totally against SnoWells but he IS too old...I've read somewhere that initially Caitlin was supposed to be Wells' LI but then they cast DP, who is much younger than TC, and abandoned the original plan so the showrunners must have disliked the age difference, too.
Yeah, its age + boss/mentor issue for me. And little side issue now with Jessie running around.

I had heard that too. it might have been interesting....

Quote:
Both KillerVibe and SnoWells have less chance than SB, though.
Perhaps. Though in current scenarios, I'd say KillerVibe is being set up better for something in the future than SB is.

SnowWells I completely agree on.

Quote:
Honestly, I'd be surprised if SB never happened. This is the CW and considering that Barry and Iris are headed towards coupledom do I have to expect them to never break up? Yeah...unlikely
It is true very few couples never ever break up... even from years ago. That being said, you never know. There are always an exception or two, somewhere.

Quote:

I still think they'll have Caitlin be his temporary LI somewhere along the line. Considering that Ronnie is dead and Caitlin has moved on I can see them using Barry as her emotional anchor if they turn her into Killer Frost in S3/S4. Pure speculation on my part but I'd be surprised if something like that didn't happen.

Oh, an episode or two ago I might have agreed with you there. But...

. Not including what was un shown off screen (the deleted scene - is that where they decided to prank Cisco, etc.)

they really would have set up Cisco as that character. I mean, yeah, ok, she paused for a minute when - seconds but I'm generalizing - when Barry called her Caitlin in the club but nothing changed.

And sure, Cisco had to hit her over the head with a 2 x 4 about a dozen times, reminding her that Zoom killed Ronnie.... but in the end, the show established that Cisco got thru to her.

And then last episode - sure, there was the heart to heart to heart that was cut and implied that they talked, etc. - but again it was Cisco who was freaking out about her becoming Killer Frost. I won't call Barry "unconcerned" but I would say in the context again of what we saw - his level of concern was... less. Less Pressing I guess you could say? -

and even before then - Cisco stayed with her and it was implied that he watched her sleep. While everyone else went home to deal with their own issues - Wells and Jessie IDK what they did lol.

so in conclusion, if you looked at 2x15 and 2x14... I'd say that they were setting Cisco up to the emotional anchor or that character who never gives up on someone, etc.

If you were so inclined you could even look at the interaction of Caitlin and Cisco with her pretending to be Killer Frost or promising him twice that it was never going to happen as some kind of forshadowing with their two characters.

And in 2x14... yeah,Barry and Killer Frost interacted in 2x13 a tiny bit - but really, it was her and Cisco that even before she turned on Zoom - had this back and forth. Calling her Elsa, etc.

Look, if they did it with Barry would I be terribly surprised? Well, no, of course not. but it would be a 180 from what they have shown lately. So I'm going to disagree with that idea because it wouldn't make much sense. If it would have happened at the end of Season One - then I'd agree. But they have gone about as far away from that in Season Two as they can - speaking of the ON SCREEN - relationship only. Sure, the implied one might still be there. But in terms of what you see, its a night and day difference.

I honestly think I'd might even give SnowWells a higher % chance. Here's why.

Yes, he's too old and the boss/mentor figure, etc. Those are the obvious cons.

But she went after him I think in 2x07 and convinced him to stay and try to help at the bar. And then the cross over she stayed and worked with him. So while they've not had much lately, they've had more put in their relationship thus season. So I'm at like 10-15% chance there.

Cisco and Caitlin are the best bet IMO. It would stop Cisco's random crushing on girls and give Caitlin - outside of Barry, Wells, Joe or Henry - the most likely chance of having a love interest survive. I'm honestly at 50 / 50 on that.

As with the Killer Frost point, if this was heading into Season 2 from Season One... I might be at 50-50 on SB. But I'm probably at.... really, low, honestly.
Yes, they were set up early on as an alternative. but that was a season and a half ago. We're almost a full season / year from 1x19. And we're almost 15 episodes from their last meaningful heart to heart.

Even if you are thinking in Season 4 or Season 5- you want to leave bread crumbs. Something. But they have had so little interaction this season - other than talking about Jay, Patty, Zoom / Villain of the week - that I honestly think there is almost no chance.

Maybe I'm thinking too logically for the show, etc. But I can't see them going from Season one where it could have happened to Season Two - where there's been literally nothing to indicate that -

and then spending another part of a future season - say Season 3/4 - to redevelop in Season 3 or 4 what you didn't develop in Season 2 after developing it in Season 1 and would have to largely redo? Maybe that's too logical or linear for this show and writers, etc... IDK.

But that doesn't make sense at all to me. Now there are still a handful of episodes left this season - but with what I know of 1x19 and what I expect from what I know .... I don't see that changing.

I do agree that Barry and Iris will break up at some point because that's what tv couples do. But I imagine that will occur when Patty re-enters the picture.

By and large by bringing Patty in earlier this season and pushing that ship as hard as they did at times - she became the alternative to Barry and Iris. In a similar way as I already talked about Jessie being able to one day replace Caitlin's role in the lab and on the team -

Patty was the perfect replacement as the alternative to WA on the show for the writers. Start it off as light, fluffy fun, and even better, you wouldn't offend the comic canon purists. And have then have her leave with it being largely unresolved and tease / talk about her eventual return. There's your reason IMO that WA will break up, etc, and the challenge of whether or not WA ends up together on the show. Because again, its in the comics AND they had Patty leave so they can desaturate the fan base from all her screen time and bring her back again when they feel like the team is right but not have to develop too much romantic tension with Barry because its there or was there in the past, etc. Its the perfect set up for them as it requires almost no creativity or work at this point

I honestly at the moment probably would give SB the same chance at a romantic future of Barry and Linda Park hooking up again. And that's fine. As I've said before, a ship isn't going to decide whether or not I watch a show or can find some enjoyment from the show.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

i don't think it's impossible that Barry and Iris could get together and never break up.

that IS their relationship in the comics. and eventually they could figure out ways to separate them without breaking them up, like transporting one of them to another universe or the future or something (they did that in the comics too).

but yeah, in canon, Barry and Iris never broke up, lol. it wouldn't be true to the comics spirit to have them be on/off once they get together. they were always solid and permanent. the only comic book couple i can think of that is.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

See i hope when they put iris/barry get together i hope they write them properly

And yes i agree no wells and Caitlin please