Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

loving the spoiler photos
Old 08-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I...think Grant is great
but I do think they dumbed him down a bit in this series compared to his Arrow appearances.
i thiknk is also has to do with the fact that we dont actually see him work .. i think thats a bad thing about season 1 we didnt see him in that element but they say seaon two we will see that side of him alittle more
Old 08-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
i thiknk is also has to do with the fact that we dont actually see him work .. i think thats a bad thing about season 1 we didnt see him in that element but they say seaon two we will see that side of him alittle more
oh that would be great! I want to see him more involved with where him and Joe work.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforshorttime (View Post)
oh that would be great! I want to see him more involved with where him and Joe work.
yes me to i love that about the first episode seeing him in the field was cool

want to see more of this

Old 08-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

One thing about the show I won't get was the need to make Barry late to everything. It's like making Clark Kent show himself as clumsy. The argument being so nobody would suspect Barry to be The Flash. Because what is different for Barry is he has a mask AND suit, unlike Clark. Just doesn't seem realistic and genuine to stick that kind of persona on anyone. Nothing to do with Grant's acting of course, just how DC writes its superheroes.

---

I'm excited to see Shantel as well. She was great in OTH and The Messengers!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
One thing about the show I won't get was the need to make Barry late to everything. It's like making Clark Kent show himself as clumsy. The argument being so nobody would suspect Barry to be The Flash. Because what is different for Barry is he has a mask AND suit, unlike Clark. Just doesn't seem realistic and genuine to stick that kind of persona on anyone. Nothing to do with Grant's acting of course, just how DC writes its superheroes.

---

I'm excited to see Shantel as well. She was great in OTH and The Messengers!
no i agree your right about that as well
Old 08-13-2015, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait for spoilers
Old 08-13-2015, 04:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Can't wait for spoilers
Me to

Question is this an opej thread or do we put things in spoiler tags?
Old 08-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't mind if he's late to everything because he's off doing heroics. He still can't be in two places at the same time and each of his rescues/fights do take up a certain amount of time.

I keep picturing him like Mr Incredible. "I have to meet Iris for dinner! Oh, but Grodd is tearing things up downtown? ... I got time!"
Old 08-13-2015, 05:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
I don't mind if he's late to everything because he's off doing heroics. He still can't be in two places at the same time and each of his rescues/fights do take up a certain amount of time.

I keep picturing him like Mr Incredible. "I have to meet Iris for dinner! Oh, but Grodd is tearing things up downtown? ... I got time!"
Lol he could do both plus we r getting more characters in the show that can help him
Old 08-13-2015, 05:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Lol he could do both plus we r getting more characters in the show that can help him
I know...though at least one may not have his powers right away.

But realistically, almost none of his fights should take longer than 5 seconds, since he should be able to just go in and remove the bad guys' weapons/knock them out before they even know he's there.

But since that doesn't make for dramatic television (or comics, for that matter), they have him stop and try to talk to the bad guys, not remove their weapons right away she he has to dodge the cold blasts for a while, etc.

And as long as that's the case, his fights take a great deal more time. In which case, even the fastest guy alive won't always make it to things on time.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Me to

Question is this an opej thread or do we put things in spoiler tags?
No we don't use spoiler tags, people know its a spoiler thread from the title, also Jade I love your icon. He's gorgeous in person too
Old 08-13-2015, 06:15 AM
Loyal Fan

I am sorry about my remark s before coming in and re-read. I still think they dumbdowned him is that a word? phasing through a gas tanker? The arm thing in the fire? ( wanted to see him save someone falling using that trick) The Oliver shooting him because he doesn't think. I'm just saying they make him do stupid things for special effects that could of been done better. 2nd season I really want to see Cisco and Barry friendship progress I really want Cisco to be the one to get him out of the so-called funk Barry will be in.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:28 AM
Supreme Fan

^ He's still learning how to grow as a superhero, it's normal for him to make mistakes. Oliver is older and has much more experience, he spent five years learning how to fight and survive before returning to Starling City.
But every time Barry asks stupid questions such as "how fast do I have to run?" he makes me roll my eyes
Anyway, I'm glad Grant said we'll see more of the CSI stuff alongside his superhero activities, that was cool in the first half of S1
Old 08-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
No we don't use spoiler tags, people know its a spoiler thread from the title, also Jade I love your icon. He's gorgeous in person too
Thanks for replying just wanted to make sure. . We r getting a lot of new characters next season not sure if im excited about that yet

Ps has anyone seen the new poster?