Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
yeah. so IDK. its hard projecting something for her character when much of what was established in season one has not carried over to season 2 or has been tabled at least for now.

the reason I'm not optimistic for something in Season 3 is because you're introducing Wally, possibly Jessie, plus whatever new characters / villains you are going to do.

so all of them need to be fleshed out ... so I don't know where that leaves Caitlin really. Just kind of hanging around again?I hope not.

i mean really, the one thing this season I can really pinpoint was working on Velocity 6. And that's kind of it to date. Hasn't really been the kind of "patching up" there was in Season 1. Hasn't been as much explanation of the science of things as other characters have kind of stepped into that role somewhat was well.

which is why I was initially hopeful about KF being in the future on E1... but now? I just don't know. I just have a hard time seeing them move there any time soon which leaves Season 3 IMO a bit.... more of the same probably.
you are absolutely right maybe they will introduce KF, and in season 3 explore her more i kind of hope so and then caitlin be out of the picture a bit
Old 01-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

yeah . so I just don't know. maybe 2B will prove me wrong and things will turn around. that is possible but right now? i',m not holding my breathe
Old 01-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah me neither, need to hold my expectations low
Old 01-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

exactly.

i mean I don't want her to be gone, ec... but I'd rather that happen then have nothing happen with her character at all.

I miss their moments from S1 to be honest. and they weren't even totally "shippy" moments.

but just the moments of people being there for each other, etc. understanding each others fears and trying to pick the other one up, etc.

i know they might have felt that they had established that in season 1 but honestly I think that worked so while people who have seen multiple seasons of the show might now always like to see the same, I think the show would have been better served being based on what they did so well in Season 1 IMO
Old 01-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

no but you are so right, i really agree with you

they should do it in s2 aswell
Old 01-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

yeah. I mean I get expanding the universe and working to bring in characters to bring the story along, etc, etc... I get all that. and sure, it needs to happen.

but at the same time I think part of, iMO, the reason Season 1 was succesful was because of those scenes. not just with Barry and Caitlin but across the board.

similar to what happened in 2x09 in a lot of ways with the Westt's and Barry or Caitlin/Barry in 2x01.

so I just hope that in their desire to go bigger and expand the universe, they can get back to that as well
Old 01-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah i know what you mean, and i really hope that to, cause it was a huge part of the show in season 1 nd also why i watched it
Old 01-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

same here. the villains and characters were neat but the emotional stuff is what really drew me in.

just like 2x01 drew me in with Barry and Joe and then Barry/Caitlin having real heart to hearts about being afraid and blaming yourself, etc...

that's what pulls me in more often than not
Old 01-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
same here. the villains and characters were neat but the emotional stuff is what really drew me in.

just like 2x01 drew me in with Barry and Joe and then Barry/Caitlin having real heart to hearts about being afraid and blaming yourself, etc...

that's what pulls me in more often than not
yer exspcailly the emotional scenes Grant does thoughs so well
Old 01-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

yes he does. they all do IMO. its one of the strengths I'd say the cast has that drew me in.

Kind of doesn't really matter who it is or whats its been about - although Grant obviously is in a good number of them - but they are able to convey IMO what people in those situations are probably going to be feeling... at least somewhat... thru the screen to me
Old 01-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you are soo right
Old 01-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

yeah, I'd say that by and large the casting department has done an A+ job
Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeaah they really have
Old 01-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

well, not sure when the next time would be so bringing this back from last year