Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

it'd be nice. not holding my breathe.

simple fact is not everything shot ends up in the episode so ....

its just the more I think critically about 2B...the more I struggle to find a meaningful arc for Caitlin outside of Jay.

there is just too much going on right now IMO and the character seems kind of like me playing musical chairs.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
it'd be nice. not holding my breathe.

simple fact is not everything shot ends up in the episode so ....

its just the more I think critically about 2B...the more I struggle to find a meaningful arc for Caitlin outside of Jay.

there is just too much going on right now IMO and the character seems kind of like me playing musical chairs.
yeah this is true i dont see much happening for her either which makes me a bit sad
Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

yeah. I'd like to be wrong but with:

Wally, Zoom, Reverse Flash, Wells reveal, Jay possibly being developed more, Iris new boss with at least 5 episodes, plus Iris being around / involved more supposedly - which is great - the reveal I'm sure happening with Patty at some point and subsequent fall out, Earth Two... and are they do another cross over with Arrow towards the end of the season this or ?

I really don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong. But in basically 45-50 minutes per episode... I have a hard time seeing where her character really gets developed at all. Which has been a problem at times with her and other characters as well IMO
Old 01-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thats true yeah i cant see it either

but yeah i believe there will be a small crossover at the end of the seasons , well we have been teased with that, but who knows
Old 01-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

I think there probably will be at the end of the season as well...

so yeah. sadly, she's just kind of there right now. and thats maybe my biggest turn off from a show is when characters are just...

there. they don't have to be doing everything every episode, etc... but I don't need characters who are just there to bring guest characters into their own arcs or exploration of that guest character and don't do much else or don't ever really find out much about them.

i mean... in all honest IMO I'd really plan on doing KF in Season 3 at some point right now. Because if Jessie Quick did become a larger player on Earth One and most of - if not all - of the Flash comic canon family was around - then really?.

As much as I like Caitlin as is... she kind of becomes a little redundant to some degree if and when that time comes. And given that we're being introduced to Jessie and introduced to Wally... I don't know how much further out that time might be approaching
Old 01-05-2016, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
there. they don't have to be doing everything every episode, etc... but I don't need characters who are just there to bring guest characters into their own arcs or exploration of that guest character and don't do much else or don't ever really find out much about them.
i couldndt agree more that is really sad ..

and i do hope if she is just a meta of the week, that they will bring her back in season 3 or something we need something
Old 01-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

yeah. which is why at this point I'm totally fine with Caitlin becoming KF almost right now haha...

because even if she wasn't on every episode, it would get her out of the rut of basically just kind of being there this season
Old 01-06-2016, 05:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
yeah. which is why at this point I'm totally fine with Caitlin becoming KF almost right now haha...

because even if she wasn't on every episode, it would get her out of the rut of basically just kind of being there this season
Yes !! It will give her her own storyline away from the team
Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

yeah and it will give them a SL to, like finding a cure or how to stop her or help her or why it happened and who was involved, and of course fallout of losing someone in a sense anyways that you knew and worked with and cared for, etc...

there's are a lot that can be done with a SL like that
Old 01-07-2016, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yeah and it will give them a SL to, like finding a cure or how to stop her or help her or why it happened and who was involved, and of course fallout of losing someone in a sense anyways that you knew and worked with and cared for, etc...

there's are a lot that can be done with a SL like that
ooh yeah there really is, i hope it happens
then she will HAVE a storyline, not like now , she's just there
Old 01-07-2016, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

yep. i don't know that I really expect it to happen to be honest but that is how I'd handle it.

bump her to recurring - at least for now in Season 3- bring Wally to regular and move from there as needed
Old 01-08-2016, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yep. i don't know that I really expect it to happen to be honest but that is how I'd handle it.

bump her to recurring - at least for now in Season 3- bring Wally to regular and move from there as needed
yeah i do agree with this, or still have her as a regular on E1 but give her a storyline what that storyline would be, i dont know :/
Old 01-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

yeah, without her becoming KF I don't know at this time either.

I mean, if Ronnie had never come back you could have - in theory - used the early part of this season to potentially explore Caitlin/Barry.

But Ronnie came back, then they introduced patty and Jay respectively... and this season has had a very much different theme from last year so now it would almost make no sense based on the first part of season 2 unless 2B is drastically different - which I doubt.

I guess you could set it up in Season 3 where she was contacted by Argus to start working on the project that leads to her becoming KF but other than that? as her character currently is, I don't really see a S/L as Caitlin Snow right IMO other than those two honestly.

unless the bring Ronnie back yet again or bring him over from E2.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
yeah, without her becoming KF I don't know at this time either.

I mean, if Ronnie had never come back you could have - in theory - used the early part of this season to potentially explore Caitlin/Barry.

But Ronnie came back, then they introduced patty and Jay respectively... and this season has had a very much different theme from last year so now it would almost make no sense based on the first part of season 2 unless 2B is drastically different - which I doubt.

I guess you could set it up in Season 3 where she was contacted by Argus to start working on the project that leads to her becoming KF but other than that? as her character currently is, I don't really see a S/L as Caitlin Snow right IMO other than those two honestly.

unless the bring Ronnie back yet again or bring him over from E2.
see perfect thinking i agree with everything you said

i honestly think this season isnt about cailin at all so i feel maybe it will happen in season 3 but i dont know how they would do it this season been such a huge change since season one
Old 01-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

yeah. so IDK. its hard projecting something for her character when much of what was established in season one has not carried over to season 2 or has been tabled at least for now.

the reason I'm not optimistic for something in Season 3 is because you're introducing Wally, possibly Jessie, plus whatever new characters / villains you are going to do.

so all of them need to be fleshed out ... so I don't know where that leaves Caitlin really. Just kind of hanging around again?I hope not.

i mean really, the one thing this season I can really pinpoint was working on Velocity 6. And that's kind of it to date. Hasn't really been the kind of "patching up" there was in Season 1. Hasn't been as much explanation of the science of things as other characters have kind of stepped into that role somewhat was well.

which is why I was initially hopeful about KF being in the future on E1... but now? I just don't know. I just have a hard time seeing them move there any time soon which leaves Season 3 IMO a bit.... more of the same probably.