Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLeppardFan (View Post)
I've been hearing that's it's a really good game. I don't have an X-box either. Wonder why it isn't made for Wii?
It would be really difficult to use with Wii's control scheme, and personally, I don't think Wii could carry the game's graphics. I mean, Wii isn't a terrible system. I have one and I enjoy it, but it's made much more for casual gamers, not a bad thing, by the way, so don't think that I'm insulting you. But a lot of the games for 360 and PS2 just wouldn't translate well onto the Wii platform.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

One game played SOOOO much better on the Wii platform vs its original release on the PS2/360. 'Resident Evil 4'. It was SO much better on the Wii than playing it with a regular controller. I just wish that Resident Evil 5 were ported onto the Wii as I have it on the 360 but as expected, its controller sucked playing that game vs using Wii controls.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe the WiiU will get some of these titles updated for it once it's released?

It's raining... just rain, not men.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primordial (View Post)
One game played SOOOO much better on the Wii platform vs its original release on the PS2/360. 'Resident Evil 4'. It was SO much better on the Wii than playing it with a regular controller. I just wish that Resident Evil 5 were ported onto the Wii as I have it on the 360 but as expected, its controller sucked playing that game vs using Wii controls.
I never played 4 but I might have to try it out for Wii because I loved 5. Played it through on Co-op with my dad and had a blast with it!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

From the E3 trailers I have seen months ago, the WiiU will be getting a LOT of the adult gory bloody games just like the XBOX360 and PS3 enjoy a safe-haven/monopoly at the moment. Plus the WiiU will be 1080pHD in video quality finally... Also, 100% backwards compatible to all old Wii games (but not GameCube, the old Wii can play all GameCube games though - but not mine, it will not even play Wii games.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Whilst I personally think that HD is very over-rated and the current generation of gamers focus way too much on graphics over gameplay/storyline, I must admit it will be great for SOMEONE to finally do FULL 1080p HD.

Enough of this upscaling rubbish.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Most games on the 360/PS3 barely reach 720pHD and that looks clean and fine to me (I use my 1080p monitor to play my 360 games.) But when I play a PS2/Wii game on the monitor (when the PS2 was plugged into my computer and when my Wii actually still worked) to capture gaming from them that I were playing, the graphics were very pixellated which did interfere with gameplay.

If you knew me well enough on this games board, you'd know that I overall prefer gameplay over graphics unlike the majority of modern gamers who would prefer a pretty-game that was average rather than an awesome game that had average graphics. Also the current generation of gamers refuse to play awesome games just because their graphics are outdated - such as GoldenEye 007 and pretty-much anything that is not current-console-generation...

It is an important thing that Nintendo will have caught-up to the 360 & PS3 in visual display of their games as many modern games really do need the HD visuals to get the whole gaming experience across. For example, on an FPS game such as Call of Duty, when you are playing an online multiplayer match with 17 other players, 8 of which are on your team and the other 9 are the opposing team. You do need at-least 720pHD visuals that are not pixellated so that you can see enemies clearly in the distance otherwise if it were 480i/480p like the Wii/PS2/XBOX(original) you will not see that person as they'd be a few squared-pixels in the distance. So you can not shoot them and vice versa until you are both much closer which will interfere with its ameplay. HD video gaming is an important advancement in gameplay and people need to understand these variables too. It is not just to make games look all 'pretty and realistic'.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Just did a little scanning online and saw some of the new Ghost Recon. Now I'm looking forward to it. Have to wait until March though.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder when 'The Walking Dead' DLC/Arcade game will be released?
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Would be so great to see The Walking Dead as a game.

I really wanted a PS3 for Christmas but no luck. So I'm going to have to scrape and save to get one.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

Get an XBOX360, I have seen slim ones for $148 this Xmas...

The Walking Dead is an XBOX360 DLC downloadable game due to be released in the first quarter of 2012.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
I must admit it will be great for SOMEONE to finally do FULL 1080p HD.
Then every 360 game would be on at least two discs I remember Lost Odyssey being on four when I had one. Plus if more games did 1080p (which I'm sure they already can), then there would be many more issues with framerate and not reaching the magical 60 fps.

anyway, on the topic of the thread... for me in 2012, it has to be Mass Effect 3 and the Tomb Raider reboot. This year it was Uncharted 3, and whilst not completly 'meh', I was a little disappointed by it.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

I like the fact that Battlefield 3 was on 2 discs, one for the story mode campaign and the other purely for the online multi-player mode. That makes the framerate a constant 30+fps and up to 1080p (at times) If all that data were one one disc like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 it'd be as laggy and below 30fps as that game is.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I still haven't even played Black Ops I only play them for the single player, which is so short that I'll only buy them cheap now
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

MS need to jump on the BluRay bandwagon.

The Tomb Raider reboot looks fantastic.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread