Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I'm so much more than annoyed at this point. The problem with what Ed or Marshall said about teenagers is that Nashville is not My So-Called Life. It's a show about adults, and the kids were relevant only in how they added to one of the adult's storylines. If Maddie and/or Daphne were in a show about teens, it would be fine. But this show isn't that show. And plus, Maddie is still a brat
Fully agree with that. In my eyes they were not the right choice for the new season.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Fully agree with that. In my eyes they were not the right choice for the new season.
Can't agree with you about the new showrunners not being the right choice for the new season, lg238, I do believe these writers are good at what they do. I don't, however, believe they have watched each episode the way a lot of us fans have. I personally have watched most of the 4 seasons' episodes many, many times. A person gets a different feel about the show when you have invested that much time and energy into the characters like that. You feel like you "know" these characters more intimately perhaps. Now, I know that's probably not true, but it sure feels that way to me.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Can't agree with you about the new showrunners not being the right choice for the new season, lg238, I do believe these writers are good at what they do. I don't, however, believe they have watched each episode the way a lot of us fans have. I personally have watched most of the 4 seasons' episodes many, many times. A person gets a different feel about the show when you have invested that much time and energy into the characters like that. You feel like you "know" these characters more intimately perhaps. Now, I know that's probably not true, but it sure feels that way to me.
It is true for sure that you get to know characters better if you watch then often enough. I think the showrunners are the wrong ones you think they are the right ones. But the main problem is as you say they likely didn't watch the older eps. Or only for rayns. And hence their writing for rayna is much better than for juliette and especially more. Just like it is with maddie who also has more all over screen time than juliette. Bc they like writing for teens. Maybe it's easier for them who knows. Let's say they are maybe the wrong witers for javery, bc they didn't invest enough time in them initially and now they don't make much effort either. I mean they probably couldn't invest time into all characters so they chose d/r and the teens. Their stuff feels written well, the other storylines feel pale. I mean s/g no improvement at all, w/k also not really, and j/a, improvement yes but only a bit, but not even close to the first seasons. Hence my disappointment for the beginning of this new season, that I have expressed several times. I can understand connie and chip esten fans love the new season. Maybe later on it will be better for javery fans. But as of now i'm not impressed.

Last edited by Arrakis; 02-06-2017 at 09:21 PM
Old 02-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

I thought the new writers were going to bring all the characters together more often and it really hasn't happened that much at all.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
It is true for sure that you get to know characters better if you watch then often enough. I think the showrunners are the wrong ones you think they are the right ones. But the main problem is as you say they likely didn't watch the older eps. Or only for rayns. And hence their writing for rayna is much better than for juliette and especially more. Just like it is with maddie who also has more all over screen time than juliette. Bc they like writing for teens. Maybe it's easier for them who knows. Let's say they are maybe the wrong witers for javery, bc they didn't invest enough time in them initially and now they don't make much effort either. I mean they probably couldn't invest time into all characters so they chose d/r and the teens. Their stuff feels written well, the other storylines feel pale. I mean s/g no improvement at all, w/k also not really, and j/a, improvement yes but only a bit, but not even close to the first seasons. Hence my disappointment for the beginning of this new season, that I have expressed several times. I can understand connie and chip esten fans love the new season. Maybe later on it will be better for javery fans. But as of now i'm not impressed.
I agree. I surely do hope it will be better for Javery fans too! (And S/G fans too.)
Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm not really sure why they even began with SG if this is how they decided to write them this season. If they weren't feeling it they could have saved a lot of face palms for having them go through all of this yet again, if they just said the kiss at the end of season 4 was to reconcile their friendship or say they are going to go slow and try to work things out. Season 5 episode 3 they could have decided no it's not going to work out instead of this being dragged out for all of eternity. If this was a real life couple could you imagine being their friend? Omfg break up already and move on! You don't like each other! There's other people out there?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Extreme Fan

It's too late for them to scale back on Maddie though. Filming is well beyond these episodes. I think they took a huge gamble on Maddie, not realizing how damaged she was as a character. It's just not paying off. Most of the fandom is turned off by her. If they'd have started this thing off in small bites instead of giving her the main sl in 505, maybe we'd be tolerating it better.

Scarlett and Gunnar have a similar problem to Juliette and Avery. They have yet to talk about their issues. Which is very strange considering it's been months now since they got back together. J/A talk, but only about certain things and then it's a repetitive conversation when they do. There's just no way S/G are living their lives, going about their daily business and never talking about their history. At some point, Jp10ah is right, someone would have decided it's just not working. They should have shown us some happy times. Because right now, I'm not sure why either one of them is bothering with the other.

I think it's...not realistic at all to believe that the new showrunners didn't watch all the previous episodes of the show. They admittedly hadn't seen it before they took over. I know for a fact that isn't true just based on some of the dialogue they've used so far. Saying they haven't even bothered watching the series they've taken over suggested a half-ass approach to their jobs and I don't think it's warranted at all. I don't agree with all their choices, but I think they would have at the very least wanted to see the show in action before they started writing for it.

Their big problem to me is balance.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
It's too late for them to scale back on Maddie though. Filming is well beyond these episodes. I think they took a huge gamble on Maddie, not realizing how damaged she was as a character. It's just not paying off. Most of the fandom is turned off by her. If they'd have started this thing off in small bites instead of giving her the main sl in 505, maybe we'd be tolerating it better.

Scarlett and Gunnar have a similar problem to Juliette and Avery. They have yet to talk about their issues. Which is very strange considering it's been months now since they got back together. J/A talk, but only about certain things and then it's a repetitive conversation when they do. There's just no way S/G are living their lives, going about their daily business and never talking about their history. At some point, Jp10ah is right, someone would have decided it's just not working. They should have shown us some happy times. Because right now, I'm not sure why either one of them is bothering with the other.

I think it's...not realistic at all to believe that the new showrunners didn't watch all the previous episodes of the show. They admittedly hadn't seen it before they took over. I know for a fact that isn't true just based on some of the dialogue they've used so far. Saying they haven't even bothered watching the series they've taken over suggested a half-ass approach to their jobs and I don't think it's warranted at all. I don't agree with all their choices, but I think they would have at the very least wanted to see the show in action before they started writing for it.

Their big problem to me is balance.
Didn't mean to imply or out-right state that the new showrunners didn't watch all the episodes of the show before they began to write season 5. Of course, they did. I just meant to say that they probably don't spend hours (as I do) watching and re-watching them. Sorry if that was the impression I sent.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Didn't mean to imply or out-right state that the new showrunners didn't watch all the episodes of the show before they began to write season 5. Of course, they did. I just meant to say that they probably don't spend hours (as I do) watching and re-watching them. Sorry if that was the impression I sent.
I wasn't referring to your post, Nashville fan. I was referring to lg238's earlier post:

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, that they probably haven't watched them repeatedly like many of us have. Lg238 was saying they only watched Rayna episodes - or at least that's what I got from the bolded part. Don't see how that's possible or realistic at all. These guys do have a reputation. Not saying Nashville is an award winning show, but they still can't just come in, hype it up as the best season of Nashville EVER and then purposely trash it. Why would they do that?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
No need to apologize, it was me who suggested they didn't invest much time in studying the characters apart of D/R and the teens bc of lack of time. I mean, I don't know how much or little they actually studied all the eps and storylines, but it's clear that D7R feels written better. With more passion for details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I understand what you're saying, that they probably haven't watched them repeatedly like many of us have. Lg238 was saying they only watched Rayna episodes - or at least that's what I got from the bolded part. Don't see how that's possible or realistic at all. These guys do have a reputation. Not saying Nashville is an award winning show, but they still can't just come in, hype it up as the best season of Nashville EVER and then purposely trash it. Why would they do that?
What i meant was they of course watched everything once, but put more time and passion in developping something for D/R and the teens for some reason.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think they have previously written teens really well and badly misjudged how much every single Nashie really wants no more Maddie rather than extra Maddie. She really is an excruciating character. Irredeemable imo. I'm not sure what they're thinking there really.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Think they'll release songs again tonight or wait until tomorrow night?
Old 02-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I'm so much more than annoyed at this point. The problem with what Ed or Marshall said about teenagers is that Nashville is not My So-Called Life. It's a show about adults, and the kids were relevant only in how they added to one of the adult's storylines. If Maddie and/or Daphne were in a show about teens, it would be fine. But this show isn't that show. And plus, Maddie is still a brat
I probably wouldn't have minded a small storyline for the teenager on the show if 1) the teenager wasn't insufferable and 2) it was the C or D plot of the episode, not one of the leading storylines. First issue isn't really their fault, though they should have had some kind of clue, and the second issue was completely in their control but they've gone overboard.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhairlove08 (View Post)
Think they'll release songs again tonight or wait until tomorrow night?
Looks like tonight. On twitter I can see some European Nashies have already downloaded the DR duet. It's called My Favorite Hurricane
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I think they have previously written teens really well and badly misjudged how much every single Nashie really wants no more Maddie rather than extra Maddie. She really is an excruciating character. Irredeemable imo. I'm not sure what they're thinking there really.
Now, you know that's not true. Lennon's mom is probably thrilled about it. She's the only one though, b/c Maddie's new storyline is one that only a mother could love .

^And I love the title of R/D's new song. Can't wait to hear it.