Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Is there any hope, even just a tiny ray of hope that he changed his mind at the last minute and told Autumn he couldn't be with her? I am so hoping, but Gunnar has kinda' always been the type of person who thinks with....well, not with his brains....if you get what I'm saying. I always hoped G/S would be end game.
That was my hope when I watched too, but there's little chance of that. They would have had to show us in the episode because there's a time jump from now to the finale. So...

No one really cares about Autumn but Scarlett. And she specifically told Gunnar that so it's messed up even though he was SUPER manipulated by Autumn. He must have drank deeply from the same well of delusion that Avery's been diving into every night.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

I don't see any way SG could be realistically fixed in one episode (if ever). There's no way him sleeping with Autumn is not an issue. They just explicitly had this conversation. They've had enough problems staying on speaking terms for more than a couple episodes in a row for seasons now. Plus he's already slept with her best friend.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-19-2016, 07:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

re: soup

Only Juliette went completely psycho so nobody could really complain that Avery left her, but Scarlett and Gunnar banged, had one fight and then Gunnar's "alright let's bone Scarlett's childhood idol because that's the last person in the world she would want me with."

The Juliette/Layla/Avery thing is an absolute disaster but at least it's been hashed out thus it would be conceivable it would come to a solution.

Scarlett and Gunnar will get no resolution. The only way for them to get back together in the finale is for Gunnar to be a stinking, lying coward or for Scarlett to be the biggest pushover in the universe.

Regardless of the outcome they are ruined.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Even if Gunnar would lie about sleeping with Autumn there's about zero chance that Autumn keeps her mouth shut about it. So that leaves Scarlett going lolwhatever to Gunnar sleeping with Autumn which would not be remotely realistic.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Even if Gunnar would lie about sleeping with Autumn there's about zero chance that Autumn keeps her mouth shut about it. So that leaves Scarlett going lolwhatever to Gunnar sleeping with Autumn which would not be remotely realistic.
Maybe Gunnar shuts up or lies about it and the finale ends with them together before Scarlett finds out. I think that's actually a pretty realistic prediction.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Either Scarlett says she doesn't care (which... yeah ok whatever show) or she never finds out before the end. I think that are the two options. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was the first.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Either Scarlett says she doesn't care (which... yeah ok whatever show) or she never finds out before the end. I think that are the two options. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was the first.
Sadly, I could see the first one happening. Even though we know Scarlett would never feel that way.

When I said well of delusion, I meant Avery with Layla. He's being manipulated in a different way than Gunnar but still. Somebody could write a scholarly article on The Preying Woman in Nashville Maryilyn, Cash, Layla and Autumn. Only the first three stand to gain monetarily with their plans. Autumn seems to be doing this just because. I can't believe she has real feelings for Gunnar - or any real feelings at all.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Funny you mentioned that, I just finished watching afterbuzz and they were talking about how Layla is totally manipulating Avery and what Autumn could get out of doing this. I am going to miss their aftershow.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:24 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Sadly, I could see the first one happening. Even though we know Scarlett would never feel that way.

When I said well of delusion, I meant Avery with Layla. He's being manipulated in a different way than Gunnar but still. Somebody could write a scholarly article on The Preying Woman in Nashville Maryilyn, Cash, Layla and Autumn. Only the first three stand to gain monetarily with their plans. Autumn seems to be doing this just because. I can't believe she has real feelings for Gunnar - or any real feelings at all.
Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Trying to be positive on social media as I want more (better) Nashville but this was an awful episode, one of the worst, and that's saying something.

D/R great but scratching the surface of what it might have been in the hands of more competent showrunners. It seemed like their scenes were kept short to make room for all the stories that don't ring true and that nobody cares about - as always. I think the Vulture recap said that they are the heart of the show...but since season 2 that's never been capitalised upon to its full potential. There would have been better ratings if that had been the case. Same for other key relationships (S/G, J/A).

The only other s/l I cared about was Will's, but there again why has it taken so long to get him here? It's hard to stay engaged.

Luke and his father in law and Colt - don't care. Ditto Juliette and Dancing with the Stars guy, Avery and Layla, Gunnar and Autumn (what's the point?), Scarlett confessing her innermost to a photographer of all people.

So disappointing and on the basis of it I couldn't argue with the cancellation decision. I just wish the new showrunners had had a chance as the potential for brilliance is still there. I am really frustrated about that right now.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryContrary (View Post)
Trying to be positive on social media as I want more (better) Nashville but this was an awful episode, one of the worst, and that's saying something.

D/R great but scratching the surface of what it might have been in the hands of more competent showrunners. It seemed like their scenes were kept short to make room for all the stories that don't ring true and that nobody cares about - as always. I think the Vulture recap said that they are the heart of the show...but since season 2 that's never been capitalised upon to its full potential. There would have been better ratings if that had been the case. Same for other key relationships (S/G, J/A).

The only other s/l I cared about was Will's, but there again why has it taken so long to get him here? It's hard to stay engaged.

Luke and his father in law and Colt - don't care. Ditto Juliette and Dancing with the Stars guy, Avery and Layla, Gunnar and Autumn (what's the point?), Scarlett confessing her innermost to a photographer of all people.

So disappointing and on the basis of it I couldn't argue with the cancellation decision. I just wish the new showrunners had had a chance as the potential for brilliance is still there. I am really frustrated about that right now.
I agree and the one storyline I was looking forward to from the sides (D/R Rayna's wrongs being explored) totally got changed to make it all Deacon's fault so it was disapointing to say the least. I was looking forward to J/A scenes as well because of a Derek pic hinting at something that wasn't what happened so yeah. Hopefully the finale is good.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I agree and the one storyline I was looking forward to from the sides (D/R Rayna's wrongs being explored) totally got changed to make it all Deacon's fault so it was disapointing to say the least. I was looking forward to J/A scenes as well because of a Derek pic hinting at something that wasn't what happened so yeah. Hopefully the finale is good.
Was there a link for this picture? I couldn't find it on Twitter.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Was there a link for this picture? I couldn't find it on Twitter.
It wasn't on twitter it was on a Derek fanpage on instagram but it was someone asking if the person in bed was JJ except it wasn't it was a stand in for Derek who had similar features to JJ.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
It wasn't on twitter it was on a Derek fanpage on instagram but it was someone asking if the person in bed was JJ except it wasn't it was a stand in for Derek who had similar features to JJ.
Thank you. It makes me happy that you always answer my silly questions. I appreciate it.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think that if the new showrunners were to get to write a final fifth season they will drop the S/G romantic relationship. I can't imagine any people with moral integrity even trying to fix that mess.