Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

I love it. So perfect.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's not Flan baby news but it's a step in the right direction. Solidarity in sharing a last name, and possibly Lana's interest in sharing the same last name as her future children.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

I'm all for it. I'm old fashioned and love it when the woman takes the man's last name on/plan to do that myself one day. Lana Di Blasio flows so well too.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

People in other places are having a fit because she took his name. Crazy woman, it's not the stone ages! Blah blah blah, feminism! Are we going to burn our bras next? Sheesh.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

People are crazy. First of all, it's not anyone's business what Lana chooses to do with her last name. That's her call. Second, it's perfectly natural for a woman who loves her husband to want to show that by taking his last name. It doesn't make her a weak woman. It's just a way she's choosing to show how proud she is to be her husband's wife.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

I totally agree with all of the above. When I got married I dropped my maiden name like a hot potato. As someone who thought she'd never get married (like Lana) it was a real thrill to make that change.

It's all part of the excitement of the honeymoon phase. I assume they lived together for a while before they were married, we did the same. But there is something about it being legal that's different even if it just seems like it's a piece of paper. Making that commitment isn't something you can really explain to someone, you have to experience it.

I guess that's why I got kind giddy for her when I realized what the name tag said.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

i am kind of wondering if we see it reflected wehn the show starts back on. like her name officially being Lana DiBlasio.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think she'll use it on the show. I think that for OUAT and all of its people, herself included, she will always be Lana Parrilla. The fact that she used Fred's name on that event doesn't necessarily mean she has changed it officially. My mum does it sometimes, uses my dad's name as her own but hasn't left her maiden name. So maybe Lana thought it would be fitting to use her husband's name for that particular event to make things appear a bit more serious/official. Whatever the case, I think her name on the show will remain the same. As for her real life, I don't care what name she chooses. I'm just happy she is happy with her man!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014

Last edited by phoenix_shine; 09-12-2014 at 01:34 AM
Old 09-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

It's quite possible that she could have changed her name legally and only uses it outside of filming industry events and leaves her "stage name" when it comes to the acting/directing/producing film stuff. Meryl Streep also did the same, i don't see her changing her artistic name from Lana Parrilla because that's the name people identify her public persona with.

I personally believe women have fought for the right to decide for themselves things like these and calling out a woman who changes or a woman who doesn't is exactly pissing on all that struggle. Sometimes women are the most cruel when it comes to other women jeez.
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Lovely pic of them
Old 09-12-2014, 04:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

seh could still hypenate. Like Courtney cox when she married david ARquette. Lana Parrilla - DiBlasio also has a nice ring to it. but yes most likely she will use just Parrilla. Like Ginny also uses goodwin still.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-12-2014, 04:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Where are y'all finding this info on either Ginny or Lana. The new credits haven't aired with the new season.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirly (View Post)
Where are y'all finding this info on either Ginny or Lana. The new credits haven't aired with the new season.
Lana and Fred attended a bunch of stuff related to the Toronto film festival and related things this past week. There was a business luncheon a few days ago and everyone wore name tags. Lana's said Lana Di Blasio. It was a bit fuzzy and there are some who insist it said Parrilla, but there is no way way, IMO, even with it being fuzzy. There were 3 words and there wasn't anything remotely looking like LLs at the end of the word. That's what cinched it for me.

I'm not sure about Ginny, but everyone has been saying she took Dallas personally (and since she was pregnant before the marriage, it makes perfect sense) but will most likely continue to be Goodwin professionally.

Although I think it would be absolutely hilarious if in at least the first week of the show they were billed as Ginny Dallas and Lana Di Blasio. The fan reaction would be priceless.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok, thanks! I was waiting for the premiere before I made an assumptions.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Again, seeing how both women are keeping their private lives for themselves, I don't think that they would adopt their husbands' names on the show credits. Their marriage is their own business, as is their family life, so I think that it's a good thing to maintain their maiden names for the show at least. When it comes to what they do outside OUAT, they are perfectly free to choose whatever name they want. Lana could change hers for "Princess Consuela Banana Hammock" if she wanted to, and it still wouldn't be our business!

I'm still laughing at the possibility of seeing both her and Ginny use their marital names on the credits at least once, just for the sake of it. I can already imagine the fans losing it!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014