Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I'm wondering if Fitch knew about Cooper being tricked into thinking that he was dying as well... Fitch was still alive for the first eight episodes of season 2 and so I think that he knew as well. But Fitch somehow really was a good guy. It's strange that he wanted him to get to Leonard Caul and since he's the one deciphering the Fulcrum I'm wondering why Fitch wanted Red to get to him if the Fulcrum could have get the Cabal down that he was a member of, a high ranking member even.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fitch had such an important part in the Cabal that I am sure that he knew about Cooper. With Fitch's death a lot of information has gone with him. I think Fitch wanted Red to have leverage over the Cabal in the events of Fitch death. I think Fitch was never the big bad guy to begin with. He did make that deal with Red that in order for Red to keep him mouth shut about the secrets of The Cabal, that The Cabal wouldn't go after Red.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really wondering now where Fitch's loyalty had laid the whole time... I as well think he never saw Red as the enemy somehow. Maybe Fitch himself wasn't so happy with the direction it went anymore... Maybe it started out to be something completely different at first, the Cabal I mean, but became that shadow organization, that bad one.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You could be right about that. That the organisation started out to be an innocent organisation and with some things that happened it turned in to the organisation that it is now.

I never really saw Fitch as a bad guy either for some reason. I know he was the one that hired Anslo Garrick to raid the Post Office and that he helped Berlin's daughter disapear but the times I saw him, he seemed like a nice man.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

So maybe Red was at some point a member of it as well? Or wanted to become one? But that's really just wild speculation... Maybe some of the members of the organization didn't choose to be members but were forced to become one? Like Fitch and that's why he in the end somehow helped Red?

All characters in the show have flaws and done bad things... That doesn't mean they are bad. And with Anslo Garrick, wasn't it the decision of the whole Cabal? I doubt that Fitch could make such a decision on his own.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think you're right and Fitch must have known as well.

I think that Fitch knew Red on more of personal level so they had a lot of mutual respect for each other so they choose to find common ground and not war or work against each other. I don't think the current director has a background with Red that way that Fitch did.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Red was or ever wanted to be a member of the Cabal. They want him dead. The only reason he has survived all these years was because he made the deal with Fitch and because the Cabal thought that Red had The Fulcrum.

I don't think Red has a background with The Director either. They are enemies and will always be that I think.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

We kind of found out a lot about Dembe and Tom this season. I liked that we are finally starting to get some good background info on key characters. I hope they continue to give us more background on all the characters.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope so too Amy. I still have high hopes that next season we will learn more about Ressler. I would also like to know more about Samar. She's so interesting. I want to know what happened to her in the past.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think that Fitch knew Red on more of personal level so they had a lot of mutual respect for each other so they choose to find common ground and not war or work against each other. I don't think the current director has a background with Red that way that Fitch did.
That again makes me wonder what they history and their connection was... Where did they know each other from and how? Questions we'll never get any answers for. Sadly.

Yeah, you could be right, Miranda And now with the Fulcrum being under the 'investigation' of these journalists I think this deal no longer stands. I'm wondering if he'd made the deal as well if he had known that Liz would shoot Connolly and become one of the FBI most wanted as well. Or if he'd maybe tried to keep her safe by holding this deal up.
There's no turning back now anymore though...
Old 05-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I wonder about that too Kris. I wish they would have explored the Fitch/Red relationship more before they killed him off
Old 05-28-2015, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
I wonder about that too Kris. I wish they would have explored the Fitch/Red relationship more before they killed him off
It's really a pity... But I guess that's a chapter we have to say goodbye to. At least right now I have no clue why we should hear more about it... Maybe the Fitch/Red history needs to be uncovered to find out about Lizzie's past? That's the only possibility I can think of. Or Lizzie being curious and Red filling her in piece by piece.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe we will lean more about the Red/Fitch relationship when it is revealed why Red really surrendered or maybe when they do a flashback or something. I don't know but I would like to know more about the depth of that deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Yeah, you could be right, Miranda And now with the Fulcrum being under the 'investigation' of these journalists I think this deal no longer stands. I'm wondering if he'd made the deal as well if he had known that Liz would shoot Connolly and become one of the FBI most wanted as well. Or if he'd maybe tried to keep her safe by holding this deal up.
There's no turning back now anymore though...
I really think Red never saw this coming when he surrendered. That Liz would shoot Connolly and end up on the Most Wanted List. He never wanted that for her. I think he never even knew if his plan to surrender and only talk to Liz would work out.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really curious if it's even important to the TPTB still or if they have somehow closed on Alan Fitch.

So we can assume that he never had a long time plan for this occasion... Man, I doubt it will take him long to adjust to the new situation because he simply is Raymond Reddington. Still, it's a situation that we haven't seen him in at all during the two seasons. A complete change of plan maybe.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I am still shocked that they killed him off to be honest. Alan Alda is such an amazing actor. You would think that they would have wanted to keep him around as long as possible. They could have chosen to kill a different Cabal member.