Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would like to think so. Deep down she is still a good person but she just made some really really bad decisions. I hope she will come to that realization sooner rather than later.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I would like to think so. Deep down she is still a good person but she just made some really really bad decisions. I hope she will come to that realization sooner rather than later.
I'm really wondering if anybody will ever find out what really happened back then when she shot Connolly... What he was telling her, all of it. The only person that knows is Cooper so far. And Ressler got a hint. Do you think Red knows because he always has a way to find out. And somehow he must have been notified about the AG's death and her killing him... Maybe Cooper told him?
Old 10-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if anyone will find out. If she gets arrested for it and when she is questioned I am sure she will have to say it at some point. I really don't know if Red knows what happened when she shot Connolly. I would like to think that Liz told him but not sure.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

But Red knew already when Liz contacted him in the season 2 finale and told him she had killed Connolly... How did he know? What's your guess? Is it because he still has people watching her? Did he hear it on the news already (would have been extremely fast, right?)? Did Cooper call him?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He definitely didn't hear it on the news and I think if Cooper would have called him that they would have showed us, so my guess would be that he had her watched because the Cabal was out to get her.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
He definitely didn't hear it on the news and I think if Cooper would have called him that they would have showed us, so my guess would be that he had her watched because the Cabal was out to get her.
But if he had her watched, he wouldn't know what has happened inside because that was kind of a more private place that she shot Connolly... And so there's still that secret that she shot these guys because of all the threads against everybody of the task force and Red.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
You know what I'm always wondering about? Why are all the men on the show so devoted to her. She hasn't done so many remarkable things that would lead towards such a devotion... It's more like the opposite. She's done sooo many stupid things which had consequences for all of them and they still are blindly following her. It's annoying. The only character who doesn't do it anymore is Samar. But yeah, she's not male
This! This, so much. What exactly has she done to get such undying loyalty? I have actually read some horrible bs about Samar online - how she betrayed Liz after Liz saved her life and all that. And all because she dared to speak the truth.

Quote:
That's what we learned in Leonard Caul last season... And it got worse knowing that her cheating was going on for some time. It's unbelievable.
Ah yes! We did, didn't we? I have just blocked the latter half of second season from my mind.

I just hope season 3 Liz is not like Season 2 Liz. It's only been 4 episodes. Maybe the writers will understand how unlikeable they have made Liz and course-correct in time.

Quote:
I will always be a Keenler shipper at heart and I want nothing more than to see them together but at this moment I agree with you and I don't want them together. Not the way Liz is now. She would bring Ressler down and I don't want that. He is too good for that. And no please no love triangle! Love triangles suck!
Yes, love triangles are horrible. They always end up making everyone look bad - the one in the middle end up looking like a undecisive ass who keeps stringing the other two along and the one who loses end up looking like a doormat. I want more for Ressler. He has been through so much already - the last thing he needs to do is pining away for Liz.

Last edited by alt.er; 10-28-2015 at 02:00 PM
Old 10-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I guess I am one of those fans because I think the writing for Liz has been sexist most of the time. She is always playing second fiddle to Red. She is the little girl that needs to always told what to do. I get this strange idea that the writers are really impressed with themselves at having created a character like Red and for them everything is about him. They can't be bothered much to develop the other characters, including Liz. I happen to love Red but no show is considered great without having a nicely rounded group of backup characters, irrespective of how awesome the lead is. Look at Sopranos, Buffy or Veronica Mars. A fantastic central character who is only enhanced by the presence of great supporting characters.

Liz is almost never shown to have any agency. She never does anything on her own and the few times she did, she made horrible mistakes. The show introduced her as this rising star who got into the BAU in a very few years which is very, very tough and who was feared by the colleagues. But that character never made past the pilot.
Same here. Mostly because James carries the show.Red is always described as a superman who can handle everything.FBI are like a bunch of idiots.One thing bothers me in S1 is Liz is not portrayed as what she's introduced like in the pilot.she graudated from Quantico,a rookie profiler,top in the class, but she hardly studied a criminal mastermind who was obsessed with her. She continually goes back to Tom is quite OOC.Did she suffer Stockholm syndrome?
TBL is not a character-driven story.The writers put characters in second place.Characterization is not what they're good at.

Quote:
I happen to like Tom but cannot stand what his presence does to Liz. As per Tom's story in the Chinese Restaurant, Liz is now a cheater, on top of everything else. Because Tom is so awesome, she just couldn't resist herself. And the bad girl falling for the bad boy scenario isn't interesting to me. Where's the drama in that?

Now the scenario where bad girl fall for the good boy and resist that urge in order to protect him is something I would love to see onscreen. Since is she is already a cheater, she shouldn't have any problem hooking up with Ressler even with Tom around.

Seriously though, when I think about the promise these two characters had at the beginning, it just makes me sad. Right now, I don't want this new and not so improved Liz to be with Ressler. He really is too good for her. No love triangle please. I don't want Ressler pining for her while Liz is oblivious and lost in her masochistic love for Tom. A big no to that.
I don't have a soft spot for Tom since S1.His presence on the show should have been over in S1 finale. His reappearance in S2: saved and locked up in a ship, his backstory with Red were ridiculous.
I was a hard-core Keenler in S1,but got disillusioned with the ship during S2.I lost hope on these two.The current plotline is fast-paced, the priority is manhunt,
a love triangle is unrealistic and unpractical,probably would demean the show and the ratings def. would reflect it.

Quote:
You know what I'm always wondering about? Why are all the men on the show so devoted to her. She hasn't done so many remarkable things that would lead towards such a devotion... It's more like the opposite. She's done sooo many stupid things which had consequences for all of them and they still are blindly following her. It's annoying. The only character who doesn't do it anymore is Samar. But yeah, she's not male
Because the writers want the men to be devoted to her.
Samar is not one of them. Perhaps that men always save the world,women can''t help women is rooted in their sexist minds.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 10-28-2015 at 07:29 PM
Old 10-29-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah you could be right about that. There goes my theory No I wonder how he find out..
Old 10-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This! This, so much. What exactly has she done to get such undying loyalty? I have actually read some horrible bs about Samar online - how she betrayed Liz after Liz saved her life and all that. And all because she dared to speak the truth.
Really??? Where did you read that? I really don't see it that way, I think that Samar really is the only one having some objectivity left. And I'm sure that'll be of a great help when the right time will come.

And Sarah, no worries for blocking all of it out. I don't blame you because I would really love to have blocked it as well

Quote:
I just hope season 3 Liz is not like Season 2 Liz. It's only been 4 episodes. Maybe the writers will understand how unlikeable they have made Liz and course-correct in time.
Right now I think she's exactly heading there again and it so sucks. It was two episode where I could live with the way she was and now it's all back to that crap of season 2. Against all logic.

Quote:
Same here. Mostly because James carries the show.Red is always described as a superman who can handle everything.FBI are like a bunch of idiots.One thing bothers me in S1 is Liz is not portrayed as what she's introduced like in the pilot.she graudated from Quantico,a rookie profiler,top in the class, but she hardly studied a criminal mastermind who was obsessed with her. She continually goes back to Tom is quite OOC.Did she suffer Stockholm syndrome?
TBL is not a character-driven story.The writers put characters in second place.Characterization is not what they're good at.
Dan, I couldn't agree more with you. It's really sad because what makes a show awesome are the characters and the storyline in unison, not one good thing and another really screwing up.
Don't get me wrong, my favorite character of the show always was and will be Red. But it wouldn't be bad to see him screwing up and losing at some point either... Nobody is perfect and he has his flaws as well. So why not once give the task force the power and the knowledge to outsmart Red? One time wouldn't make the viewers believe less in him.

Quote:
I don't have a soft spot for Tom since S1.His presence on the show should have been over in S1 finale. His reappearance in S2: saved and locked up in a ship, his backstory with Red were ridiculous.
I was a hard-core Keenler in S1,but got disillusioned with the ship during S2.I lost hope on these two.The current plotline is fast-paced, the priority is manhunt,
a love triangle is unrealistic and unpractical,probably would demean the show and the ratings def. would reflect it.

Quote:
Yeah you could be right about that. There goes my theory No I wonder how he find out..
Miranda, your theory wasn't bad at all. It's definitely possible that he might have found out by one person watching her but still not knowing what exactly happened
Old 10-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bringing all of this over Kris. I will read it thoroughly on Sunday.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's really such a great discussion and I hope that Dan and Sarah find their way over here.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's really such a great discussion and I hope that Dan and Sarah find their way over here.
I'm here.

Quote:
Really??? Where did you read that? I really don't see it that way, I think that Samar really is the only one having some objectivity left. And I'm sure that'll be of a great help when the right time will come.
The usual places like Instagram and Twitter . I should have known better than go there looking at comments.

I agree about her being the only one who is objective. While I love Ressler's brave declaration(I'm a Keenler shipper, after all) of Liz's innocence, she really isn't innocent. She killed Connelly and almost killed that cop. So I can totally understand Samar's POV.

Quote:
Because the writers want the men to be devoted to her.
Samar is not one of them. Perhaps that men always save the world,women can''t help women is rooted in their sexist minds.
This. Because Liz is a delicate flower who needs to saved by all of the men in her life. And with Ressler finally admitting where he stands, all the men on the show are trying to save Liz. And the only one who is standing her ground is Samar, the only other female lead. As much as I love this show, it frustrates me like no other.

Quote:
And Sarah, no worries for blocking all of it out. I don't blame you because I would really love to have blocked it as well

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, my favorite character of the show always was and will be Red. But it wouldn't be bad to see him screwing up and losing at some point either... Nobody is perfect and he has his flaws as well. So why not once give the task force the power and the knowledge to outsmart Red? One time wouldn't make the viewers believe less in him.
Guys, maybe the writers are finally listening to us.
In this episode, Red was wrong. He was on the backfoot almost all of it and I loved him for it. It is much easier to understand and root for a guy who can be vulnerable and wrong at times. Red was human in 3x05 and love him all the more for it.

He was wrong about Vargas and if not for Dembe, he and Liz would have been dead. And he was wrong about Ressler. He called him a robot in 3x03 and now had to go to him for help.

But, yeah, I would love just one time for the taskforce trio to outsmart him.

Last edited by alt.er; 10-31-2015 at 04:47 PM
Old 11-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great to see that you found your way over here Sarah.

I loved it to that Red's vulnerable side came forward more in this episode. He values loyalty above all else and he believes that the people that work for him are loyal to him. That wasn't the case with Mr. Vargas and he solved the problem in a Red like way.

It would be awesome if the task force could outsmart Red for once but Red is almost always one step ahead of everybody else.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sarah!!!! So great to see you in here!

Quote:
The usual places like Instagram and Twitter . I should have known better than go there looking at comments.

I agree about her being the only one who is objective. While I love Ressler's brave declaration(I'm a Keenler shipper, after all) of Liz's innocence, she really isn't innocent. She killed Connelly and almost killed that cop. So I can totally understand Samar's POV.
Sarah, no worries It often happens to me as well. I somehow learned that some stuff on Tumblr or Instagram or whatever can't be taken to seriously and that I have to weigh on all the information and opinions myself.

I really think that Samar sees the point in keeping Liz safe. I even think that she would be the best person to lead the task for at the moment... But yeah, therefore we have Ressler and the Director now

Oh yes, Sarah, the show really manages to frustrate me more than any other show I watch as well!

Quote:
Guys, maybe the writers are finally listening to us.
In this episode, Red was wrong. He was on the backfoot almost all of it and I loved him for it. It is much easier to understand and root for a guy who can be vulnerable and wrong at times. Red was human in 3x05 and love him all the more for it.
They really seem to listen to us. It was nice to see Red being wrong, judging a situation wrong and relying on associates of his that he really shouldn't have relied on. It almost got them killed and I'm really wondering if this will be of topic again in one of the upcoming episodes